MTV VMA's

hahninator

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the fuck is wrong with MTV letting Kanye West singing his whole "let's have a toast for the douschebags" fucking bullshit and nominating Lady Gaga's "Telephone" music video for the best video of the year, but cutting The Catalyst by 2 minutes? What a bullshit to be honest, the only things I liked about this VMA is the LP's performance, the fact that the fans screamed more for 30 seconds to mars than for eminem and b.o.b and when Cher said that her "time" was when Lady Gaga was Baby Gaga i lol'd at that a lot. But this whole thing is a stupid popfest, fuck that

What the fuck is wrong with MTV letting Kanye West singing his whole "let's have a toast for the douschebags" fucking bullshit and nominating Lady Gaga's "Telephone" music video for the best video of the year, but cutting The Catalyst by 2 minutes? What a bullshit to be honest, the only things I liked about this VMA is the LP's performance, the fact that the fans screamed more for 30 seconds to mars than for eminem and b.o.b and when Cher said that her "time" was when Lady Gaga was Baby Gaga i lol'd at that a lot. But this whole thing is a stupid popfest, fuck that

ATS is basically a bitch slap to MTVers. 4.5-6 min songs, experimental sounds, not singing about random shit including strippers, drugs, sex, money etc...

Don't bother commenting on the awesome camera work.

I've got TC practice run coming up.

I'm surprised you managed to record the whole song. Every time I saw someone whip out a camera/phone, security stopped them pretty quickly.

I'm surprised you managed to record the whole song. Every time I saw someone whip out a camera/phone, security stopped them pretty quickly.

I was deep enough into it. They didn't pull it until right before TC Live. I was able to slip the SD out of the cam before they took it.

I was deep enough into it. They didn't pull it until right before TC Live. I was able to slip the SD out of the cam before they took it.

Good thing you managed to grab your SD card. You're probably one of the only people who got footage of Bleed It Out. Sucks about your camera though.

Anyone get New Divide?

Think they had snatched all the cameras by then. Heard something about MTV was filming it. It was full blown light show as well so It'll pop up somewhere.

That performance was epic.

Thanks for thoose videos but I couldn't stand listening to them because of the screaming girls

It even worse in person, between the low vocal volume and the shrieks I was left a little unsatisfied from an audio standpoint.

Good thing you managed to grab your SD card. You're probably one of the only people who got footage of Bleed It Out. Sucks about your camera though.

The head security guard had 5-6 in his hand when he gave mine back. Wonder if they deleted the memory on the others.

Edited by skyzlmt

To anyone saying that Chester performed horribly, they don't understand what it is to be a singer let alone a stage performer. Mike sang very well for being a "newly appointed vocalist." The effect on his voice (NOT AUTOTUNE!) were stylistic I could tell, and not for pitch correction. Chester had the effect to, it was a flanger of some sort. I'm a producer, and you can recognize a flanger when you hear it. Listen to it in HD. Autotune is a pitch correction/note correction software. It is only used as an "EFFECT" usually by people like Kanye West or T-Pain. And some electronic bands like Breathe Carolina.

The performance was tight. Not as tight as it will be later in the touring cycle, but who can realistically expect it to be studio quality off the bat? Chester is a powerful singer, and those notes and the song all in all is commanding. He delivered an acceptable, beyond average performance. A little pitchy, but it was raw and emotional. How a performance in my book should be.

My rating? Solid B. Much better then most bands I see perform live. Their sound is unique and rich and it was executed well I believe. I look forward to the touring cycle and the progression of quality.