LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working for 14 hours, so I'm not gonna get into everything now, but I thought I'd comment.

This is not an online only membership. Online content, with the exception of chats, will now be free. There's no point in charging people for online content that only remains exclusive for 5 minutes. The new LPU is all about the experience with the band. We're hoping to offer opportunities like we've never offered before. Regardless of what you think, people don't join lpu for the keychain, the t-shirt, or even the CD. People join for the experience with the band they can't get anywhere else. We want to improve that and stop using our resources to produce packages that never please everyone.

I know now this seems a little crazy, but I hope you guys let us prove to you that things really are getting better for you.

On another note, the CD download is NOT the LPUX CD.

Adam.

And what about international people?? what benefits will have??

I actually didn't like it too much, sounds way too generic for LP, I hear alot of Paramore and Offspring in there, don't get me wrong I love Paramore but it's just not LP, The Catalyst was creative, risky, different, mainstream but in a good way, this was just way too much, I can see why it was scrapped from the album.

Alright so after thinking about it I'm pretty positive that this song is no indication of how ATS will sound. Remember that Mike said when they first started writing the new album they were writing songs that sounded like what they had done before, but then scrapped that and began developing the ATS sound. While we don't know when that change occurred, my guess is that this song was before it. It sounds much more MTM than The Catalyst / ATS.

Anything close to how great lpu 9 was would be awesome. Hopefully unreleased tracks from the meteora time period.

Its so refreshing to see you write something positive.

Oh Man!! I can't believe i read whole 12 pages. Whoa!! I am free. Thnks Jay. The song is awesome!!! I love it. I am on my 10th listen. Thnks to the one who posted the lyrics also. And yes....I don't have 60 bucks. So all of you....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!! LOL!!

First of all, relax. You're really overreacting in this thread.

I know that stuff you shared didn't cost 60$ but still. Other people also paid for it and maybe they wanted it to stay exclusive just like you do right now.

Anyway, do you REALLY believe that it won't leak?

Oh, and btw - I CAN afford it. I just don't think it's worth of 60$.

She Couldn't anyone?? Hell! THAT was exclusive. And it was shared here only.

Hide the song anywhere you want.

Never share it with anyone. dont even listen it out loud. any one wight hear it.

But there are more exclusive things you are getting with the membership. like Exclusive videos and countless things. which the non LPU members dont wana have because they have the dignity to be happy in what the can afford but. if you guys dont even wana share a mp3. its totally cool.

i am sorry, but i wanted to share my views about this.

you can ban me if you want.

Dude! You said nothing which could get you banned.

Are you a dumbass? The laser show and NYC show are exclusive events that the LPU is giving you an opportunity to attend. They have nothing to do with the price.

Did you ever think about why they'd raise the price? They aren't going to raise the price to just fuck with the fans. Believe it or not, that's not their goal. Did you ever think that the LPU is probably making VERY little money? Sending out thousands of shirts and stickers that cost a lot to produce...people don't even give a shit about the packages anymore except the CD and sometimes the shirt. It makes sense to just charge you for those items when you want them instead of making everyone buy them. Hell, LPU9 made a vinyl for 1,000 people and as far as I know, it was still available to buy yesterday. 1,000. That's not a lot. There's 10,000,000 fans on Facebook - basically you just saw that 1,000 of those people didn't buy the vinyl. So how the hell is the LPU making money? They give all sorts of stuff out for free now, etc...I don't see any revenue for them.

Makes sense to raise the costs. $10 a month or just get the $60 for a year. They've gotta have some revenue to do some cool shit for the fans. I know they're not just going to have a regular LPU this year - I'm sure they're going to use the extra money to do cool shit for the fans. So if it means I pay $30 more a year for more perks and a BADASS fanclub, I'll gladly do it. Can't afford it? That also might be a point. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to weed out a lot of the n00bier fans. I'm also fine with that...LPU has a lot of that...more M&G opportunities, etc for the regular members. That's just my 2 cents.

So it's fine with me. $60 isn't for one song. $60 is for another year of the LPU. More perks, more badass stuff from them, more awesome fanclub. I am 110% sure this will be the best year of LPU that has ever existed. The fact I can get a new song I've never even heard of when I preorder the new LPUX is just badass. LPU is improving in great strides.

I don't see anyone in here that's bought the package for just one song.

Do you know what's in store for LPUX? Do you? I don't but that's called being IGNORANT when you bash something without waiting and seeing exactly what's in store and what it entitles you to.

I couldn't agree more. I already pre-ordered it. LP has done nothing but show their fans (The die hard fans especially) how much they appreciate us. And now that they're celebrating a decade of the most loyal fans in the world I cannot see them disappointing us at all. This extra cash that they're charging is only going to benefit us. They start the new year off with exclusive shows and an unreleased demo? Can you imagine what they'll do when the album comes out and a start a full blown US tour?! I agree with you 100% fearless LPL leader, this is going to be the best year yet and all we have to do is wait and see.