LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And You my friend just earned a beer ;) "LIKE"

As for the ticket price add that some of us have to travel long distances to see LP. It's not cheap...

Thanks for the beer - could do with one at the minute! lol.

It's not going to be cheap for me either :(. Going to one LP show. Tickets worked out as £90 for two. Then a train trip to london will work out as £37 each. If we get merch or anything to eat... it could easily setus back up to £200 ($300). That's 2 people going to see LP once. Heck the LPU gave us free tickets multiple times back in 2003.

Least this year I won't have to worry about customs puting tax on my lpu package... unless I order an LPU CD :/

First time poster, longtime lurker. I have a quick question for Adam. I'm considering signing up for LPUX just for the LA multimedia experience, but I was wondering if there is any live performance aspect to the show or if LP will even be there? I figure if I'm essentially paying the $60 for the multimedia experience, I should know what I'm getting into lol. Also, if I choose the "Confirmed Ticket" option, does that guarantee me a seat?

I understand if you can't give much of an answer to my first question because you're trying to keep things a secret, but even a hint would be helpful. Thanks! :)

The band WILL be there. The entire event isn't entirely planned out yet, but yes, the band will be there. It should be really cool. If you choose "confirmed ticket" is DOES guarantee you a seat.

First, Thank You Adam for answering all these questions!

But I have another that you don't seem to be addressing. What about the INTERNATIONAL FANS???? They're a HUGE part of the LP fanbase and the big reason they joined was to get the package. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the reason most people join. M&Gs are like winning the lottery AND its not the whole band AND the band has to be playing nearby. USA fans bought LPU9 for the cd and shirt. We didn't get a tour in 2009 or 2010 so presale was useless for us.

I understand if you can't say anything, but this is our hard earned money we're dealing with. I can't in good conscience throw $60 at something, when I have no idea what I'll be receiving. In my mind the only people who should be buying this are those from NY/LA and those who have money/parents to buy it for them. So can you give us something that will encourage international fans to buy it?

Thanks for the beer - could do with one at the minute! lol.

It's not going to be cheap for me either :(. Going to one LP show. Tickets worked out as £90 for two. Then a train trip to london will work out as £37 each. If we get merch or anything to eat... it could easily setus back up to £200 ($300). That's 2 people going to see LP once. Heck the LPU gave us free tickets multiple times back in 2003.

Least this year I won't have to worry about customs puting tax on my lpu package... unless I order an LPU CD :/

Well get this: I'm going from Poland to London show. Imagine how expensive it'll be ;)

About what You wrote: man, you just got into my head and pasted what has been in my mind LOL seriously so many shows and no m&g. Listening events: US or Germany. Why not other countries?

Haha and the package itself well if you pay with you credit card it costs alot more with the currency exchange + taxes. Well in past LPUs you got the package but now there's nothing and you still have to pay another $ to get the cd which brings us again to currency exchange ;)

I have an idea! Lets make LPU for US-based citizens only! It looks like the band doesn't know about our problems with money. No, wait! So many shows in Germany? WTF?

Edited by michalangelo

The band WILL be there. The entire event isn't entirely planned out yet, but yes, the band will be there. It should be really cool. If you choose "confirmed ticket" is DOES guarantee you a seat.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

Well get this: I'm going from Poland to London show. Imagine how expensive it'll be ;)

About what You wrote: man, you just got into my head and pasted what has been in my mind LOL seriously so many shows and no m&g. Listening events: US or Germany. Why not other countries?

Wow that's awesome. What london date you going to? I'm going to the second show. Still very intruiged about the new album.

Happy that I'm not the only one feeling like we're losing something that was special. I've been very lucky with m&g's in the past, they used to be first come first serve though.

Also does anyone else feel like this 'Decade of LPU' CD is going to just be a rehash of 'Sounds of the Underground'?

Edited by Energy

Adam - can I just get this straight.

So the price has doubled.

The package (which of some of us did actually like, it was the only reason to renew when the band wasn't touring) has gone.

Stuff like the LPU CD you have to pay for now to get a copy.

You get a download of tracks that a lot of us have already got?

Presales - but that won't be useful if the band is not touring in someone's area. And haven't you noticed that ticket prices are doubled aswell since last tour? Fans can't afford them!

M&Greets have declined in how they were. My last M&G experience (the one at MK Bowl), as previously mentioned, I ended up having to organise the LPUers along with two other senior members. Then the band flat out ignored most of us as they were more intersted in two fans who paid £1000 to MFR for their place. Soon after that it was announced that only one band member would attend m&g.

So why the *expletive* has the price doubled? That has yet to be explained. Yeah you might be working on cool stuff, but is that stuff now worth the huge amount extra that's placed on the price? If so then you should really think of how you've advertised this change as you might need to put some of those incentives down to actually show this year is going to be better. 'Coming soon' doesn't explain the price hike. Do these cool things actually apply for international people? Or should anyone not US based just give up with the LPU now?

In the end I care a lot about the LPU, I was a mod, I was on the support staff, I was on the street team when there were only a few of us in the UK. I've spent hours and hours working on and with the LPU and promoting the band in general. I never got paid - and rarely got noticed. So I do care a lot - and do feel that from what's being said that you are now just making everything more expensive. This will promote piracy and the cool things that you make will be replicated if digital, heck as seen it's taken a certain russian site only a few hours to get the 'exclusive' promo track up.

The LPU used to be about not making a profit and also family and friend interaction at shows. Parents used to buy packages for their kids and it was great to interact at shows. At $60 that's not going to happen, and while the shirt might be sneered at by some it was a great distinguisher at shows.

The reason people stopped using the LPU site is that it provided very little in the way of anything different. A messageboard that got so bogged down due to lack of support from admin (I was a mod on it so I know that this was true), a load of social media features that people weren't interested in as they have twitter and facebook. A chatroom that couldn't be controlled. Some videos that were updated once in a blue moon and in most cases were only verging on the side of interesting. How about exclusive articles, live webcam chats with the band - not just user-generated content.

This is from someone who has been there since almost the beginning (I just cliped the end of 1.0), back when you could just log into AIM and chat with Jess. So far I've yet to see anything that justifies a $60 price tag for a year membership. Many of my old LPU buddies plan not to renew so far.

If there is this much negative response from fans, something has gone wrong on the admin side. You maybe about to start the most amazing LPU year ever, if that's the case then you needed to keep quiet about it until you could reveal 'the amazing things you have planned. Now it's a case of winning fans back around... and justifying a $60 price tag.

I understand everything you're saying. I'm not going to be able to continue to respond to each persons post, but I'm listening to everything you're saying. All I can say is, maybe down the road we'll SHOW you why this is a good move. Nothing I can say or do now. Timing is strange I know, but our hands were tied. We wanted to launch this in a really cool way (NYC show/LA event), so that's why a lot more is still in the works.

ADAM - so if i pre-order the monthly membership that means i get early access to tickets for the NYC show?

and is there going to be a meet and greet and the NYC show, therefore making it a better idea to buy the annual membership?

ADAM - so if i pre-order the monthly membership that means i get early access to tickets for the NYC show?

and is there going to be a meet and greet and the NYC show, therefore making it a better idea to buy the annual membership?

Correct.

M&G... PROBABLY... but don't quote me. I don't know why they wouldn't do one. But I honestly haven't gotten ANY confirmation on that yet.

Wow that's awesome. What london date you going to? I'm going to the second show. Still very intruiged about the new album.

Happy that I'm not the only one feeling like we're losing something that was special. I've been very lucky with m&g's in the past, they used to be first come first serve though.

Also does anyone else feel like this 'Decade of LPU' CD is going to just be a rehash of 'Sounds of the Underground'?

I'm going to the 2nd one :) So You'll get Your beer.

So m&gs were better I think. Now Instead of really equal choosing it's "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" thing...

Decade = SFTU. exactly ;)

It makes you think that they just want more money for less/same stuff. Add 1 song and you have a brand new old/new EXCLUSIVE cd..."Polish a Turd, It's Still a Turd" ;)

Edited by michalangelo

I understand everything you're saying. I'm not going to be able to continue to respond to each persons post, but I'm listening to everything you're saying. All I can say is, maybe down the road we'll SHOW you why this is a good move. Nothing I can say or do now. Timing is strange I know, but our hands were tied. We wanted to launch this in a really cool way (NYC show/LA event), so that's why a lot more is still in the works.

I really hope you guys do, cause at the moment it will come to the end of my membership and I won't renew. Which I will actually be very dissapointed in doing as it will feel like the end of an era for me. It concerns me that you've yet to sooth any international fans - but understand wanting to do the big launch before the album release.

I'm going to the 2nd one :) So You'll get Your beer.

So m&gs were better I think. Now Instead of really equal choosing it's "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" thing...

Decade = SFTU. exactly ;)

It makes you think that they just want more money for less/same stuff. Add 1 song and you have a brand new old/new EXCLUSIVE cd..."Polish a Turd, It's Still a Turd" ;)

For the 12098423402834th time... this is not the LPUX CD.

HELLO ADAM!!!

But I have another that you don't seem to be addressing. What about the INTERNATIONAL FANS???? They're a HUGE part of the LP fanbase and the big reason they joined was to get the package. In fact I'm pretty sure that's the reason most people join. M&Gs are like winning the lottery AND its not the whole band AND the band has to be playing nearby. USA fans bought LPU9 for the cd and shirt. We didn't get a tour in 2009 or 2010 so presale was useless for us.

I understand if you can't say anything, but this is our hard earned money we're dealing with. I can't in good conscience throw $60 at something, when I have no idea what I'll be receiving. In my mind the only people who should be buying this are those from NY/LA and those who have money/parents to buy it for them. So can you give us something that will encourage international fans to buy it?

For the 12098423402834th time... this is not the LPUX CD.

Who said it is? "Members who preorder the ANNUAL LPUX online membership will have instant access to A Decade Underground download compilation of 10 LPU tracks" So there will be 10 new tracks? Don't think so. All of those will be from the 10 LPU years from what i understand. Hmm let me think, i got LPU 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 so I got those songs already ;) other released in LPU also. So it's still the polished turd as far as i know.

Again no hard feelings, You're our only connection with the LPU. Thanks for all Your answers so far :)

Edited by michalangelo

Correct.

M&G... PROBABLY... but don't quote me. I don't know why they wouldn't do one. But I honestly haven't gotten ANY confirmation on that yet.

awesome, and two more questions:

1. Price for tickets coming soon? I mean the sale is only about 4 days away..

2. In the monthly membership description it says that there are seats reserved for LPU members who pre-order it.. does that work for the annual membership / is there going to be an LPU 'section' at the NYC show?

HELLO ADAM!!!

didn't you get that he can't say anything about further content yet? just wait and see, there's nothing more you can do and no use in asking the same questions 1089723 times. You also even answered the question yourself by saying that he can't say anything so why are you still asking??...

Thanks for the answers @ Adam btw.

I'm not going to sign up!

I really like the band, and i get lots of my creativity from them, but.... I won't that much money to go to meet and greets, and besides the only time they've been here to The Netherlands is in 2007 at Pinkpop.

I saw them there putting up a awesome show! but when they do European tours they always go to Germany or France for example and always skip The Netherlands. So yeah i won't waste my money on that.

Plus i'm making music myself and that costs a lot of money (Recording an album, Promotion, Release Party, Pressing cd's) and that all out of our own pockets, so no thanks!

What happen with my LPU membership? I'm on LPU just about 5 months. If I won't register myself on LPUX i lose my membership in October, only after 6/7 months of my registration?If causually LP comes to Portugal in November, I won't have the chance of meet them on the M&G?

I'm not going to sign up!

I saw them there putting up a awesome show! but when they do European tours they always go to Germany or France for example and always skip The Netherlands. So yeah i won't waste my money on that.

This!