LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demo review: It's raw, real raw. It's ok, but it's definatly not great. This song makes them sound like Coldplay or another mainstream pop-rock act. Honestly, I think The Catalyst is much better than this.

(Waits for leigons of fans to kill him for liking The Catalyst)

TC is a lot more poppier than PTB is. PTB sounds like an early 90's rock song which is a good thing to me.

If ATS sucks, at least I'll have Blackbirds, PTB and Blackout to listen to.

It sounds like Chester is struggling on some parts on PTB, and I hate the guitar sound especially the main riff. But other than that, I like it. Not as much as TC though.

The vocals, imo, just aren't as strong in PTB as in TC.

Also, TC is just so catchy, makes me want to sing along..

PTB.. is ever so slightly boring. -shrug-

I do agree about the riffs, though.

Just bought a LPUX subscription, primarily for the LA listening event/light show thingy. I agree that $60 is kind of a lot for a fan club, but if you look at it as buying a concert ticket with some free songs and LPU goodies thrown in, the price is a bit more reasonable.

Either way, I'm excited for the LA event!

I really enjoy the song. $60 is a lot of monies.. Plus, does anybody know if they listed all of the benefits for the annual pass?

I wonder if the price will drop after these ATS events.

Edited by Jack

We've found that the majority of fans join LPU for two reasons... pre-sale tickets, and the opportunity to meet the band. If the ONLY reason you want to be a part of LPU is for pre-sales, we just made the option cheaper for you. It's now $10 to join for a month, you can buy your pre-sale tickets, and you don't ever have to log in again.

You know what the majority of those people who only sign onto LPU to buy presale tickets are? Scalpers. Congratulations, you just made it cheaper for them to monopolize the presale tickets. Yeah, I know you imposed that limit of either 2 or 4 tickets per account (I forget which), but that doesn't mean much to the scalpers who will gladly register half a dozen monthly accounts for $60 total, buy a dozen tickets, and then re-sell them at an inflated rate that'll make them a hefty profit even with the extra $60 for the LPU memberships on top of what they paid for the tickets.

No, these memberships do not come with package items. Reading through messageboards from the last few launches of LPU, it seems a waste to put time and energy into trying to create and annual package that doesn't please everyone. Our resources are better spent making the experience better, and that's what we're doing.

So let me get this straight...you think it's perfectly acceptable to double the basic price of your service, and then charge extra on top of that for items that were bundled with the main membership in the past? I'm guessing that even with a conservative estimate, you're going to have to pay another $15 for the CD and t-shirt. That comes out to $75 for essentially the same service people paid $30 for last year.

LPU9: $30 for the website access and membership package.

LPUX: $60 for the "LPU experience" (can't call it the same thing or people will get suspicious, after all!), plus an additional fee for any physical merchandise.

On what planet is it EVER acceptable for a business to more than double the cost of their product, particularly while simultaneously cutting out the part of said product that the majority of fans were most interested in every year, and making people pay extra for it?

There are certain instances where a higher-priced product is acceptable to me. $80 for the LPU9 Premier package with the limited edition vinyl? Hey, it comes with everything in the Bonus Pass, so the extra $40 or so isn't ridiculous. $100 for the "superfan" editions of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns? You get a TON of stuff in those, particularly the ATS one. That's not ridiculous at all for a CD/DVD/2LP/hardcover coffee table book box set.

But $60 for an LPU membership that doesn't include any kind of physical package items, when all we have to go on is essentially your promise that it'll be the best LPU yet? Come on, what kind of business says that their new product isn't going to be better than what came before it? Of course you're going to say that, regardless of what the case may be. In particular, what I don't understand is how you can say that this isn't "just an online-only membership" and then turn around and say there's no physical package included. LPU has always been essentially split up into online and offline memberships - offline included the package, online didn't. If this $60 membership doesn't include a package...what else can you possibly call it?

And obviously, the reason I'm here is because I want to hear your thoughts on stuff. We really do want to make your experiences better. I'm not asking everyone to agree with this move. If you don't agree with it, I understand. I'll still be here to listen to YOU because you guys deserve that and I promise I do bring up YOUR opinions and views on everything we do. Thanks for the support throughout the years, and I really hope this is the start of the best version of LPU yet.

I know this was pages ago but I have to say this.

Adam: You are the best thing to happen to LP since Chester joined the band. No kidding. Of course LP was awesome before you came along but it's great having someone who comes and chats with us, on OUR website, not LP's site. And someone who cares what we think and let's the band know what we think.

Thank you for all you do Adam!

I know this was pages ago but I have to say this.

Adam: You are the best thing to happen to LP since Chester joined the band. No kidding. Of course LP was awesome before you came along but it's great having someone who comes and chats with us, on OUR website, not LP's site. And someone who cares what we think and let's the band know what we think.

Thank you for all you do Adam!

As much as I tend to pick apart things Adam says, I have to agree, I really appreciate him being around too. The band is usually pretty good at explaining the "who/what/where/when" of things, but having someone from the management/business side of things involved in the community helps explain the "why" and "how."

I hope Adam doesn't take all the negative criticism too personally, because it's not directed at him as much as it's directed at the whole behind the scenes/inner workings aspect of the band's decisions. He's just the only guy from that side of things that interacts with us on a regular basis, so he ends up being the whipping boy sometimes. I kind of feel bad for him.

I don't read the whole thread but i agree and the mayority of the comments of Astat...

My question is: LPU will have more Merch right ? because, this prices don't have sense...

One more thing: if i pay for the $10 Membership (one month) i have access to the "Exclusive Store" to buy for example the LPUX CD ?

I don't read the whole thread but i agree and the mayority of the comments of Astat...

My question is: LPU will have more Merch right ? because, this prices don't have sense...

One more thing: if i pay for the $10 Membership (one month) i have access to the "Exclusive Store" to buy for example the LPUX CD ?

I'd imagine you'd be able to still get in the LPU store with the monthly membership, yeah. Or at least I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to.

Astat said it correctly, you are effectively doubling the price without offering anything but a promise to make it "the best LPU ever" not completely sold on the idea. I hope we can at least get a free digital download of the LPUX CD with membership at least. For $60 bucks I feel this could be funding some really cool exclusives as demos of ATS or we could get the same old sporadic videos that are borderline interesting, chat sessions with band members that are stale and uninformative, and no real shot at a M&G cause you don't fit the age demo to get into them.

For the record, I loved the T-shirt and cd concept. Adam please get those reinstated please at least. I mean slap a big X behind the current LP logo and I am sold on that T-shirt.

Member since LPU 5.0

I'd imagine you'd be able to still get in the LPU store with the monthly membership, yeah. Or at least I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to.

Thanks man, because for the International Fan Base is really expensive.

I mean i'm from Southamerica this October will be my first Show and i don't have to pay a 60 Dollar membership for 1 Show every 10 years... Sounds more interesting for members from UK, Germany, Japan and US

Hope this new LPU have more Exclusivities because, i'm fan since HT but this year was my first LPU membership and was really dissapointing, i don't like the site, the forums are really boring and uninformed, the Chat with the Band are weird, the only great thing is the Store... just that.

As much as I tend to pick apart things Adam says, I have to agree, I really appreciate him being around too. The band is usually pretty good at explaining the "who/what/where/when" of things, but having someone from the management/business side of things involved in the community helps explain the "why" and "how."

I hope Adam doesn't take all the negative criticism too personally, because it's not directed at him as much as it's directed at the whole behind the scenes/inner workings aspect of the band's decisions. He's just the only guy from that side of things that interacts with us on a regular basis, so he ends up being the whipping boy sometimes. I kind of feel bad for him.

I of course have just known you a while and know that you aren't directing your comments towards him but I think it's good you're letting him know that haha! Edited by LPPanther

awesome, and two more questions:

1. Price for tickets coming soon? I mean the sale is only about 4 days away..

2. In the monthly membership description it says that there are seats reserved for LPU members who pre-order it.. does that work for the annual membership / is there going to be an LPU 'section' at the NYC show?

This. I'm dying to know the answers to these questions.

And obviously, the reason I'm here is because I want to hear your thoughts on stuff. We really do want to make your experiences better. I'm not asking everyone to agree with this move. If you don't agree with it, I understand. I'll still be here to listen to YOU because you guys deserve that and I promise I do bring up YOUR opinions and views on everything we do. Thanks for the support throughout the years, and I really hope this is the start of the best version of LPU yet.

Weird. Reading this somehow made me feel that this was written by Mike & not Adam. I don't know why, but i just felt that.

This $60 - is this per person, and do we have to complain to get it? :P

WIN.

LPU should go back to their roots..

LPU1 was so fucking good, just bring back the old basics, get a badass cd, have a cool message board and a nice price

the LPU experience is just crap

i believe that they will give us video chats with the band... $60 dollarssssssss omg.. im not rich so i will download the cd when it leaks, the end.

I actually didn't like it too much, sounds way too generic for LP, I hear alot of Paramore and Offspring in there, don't get me wrong I love Paramore but it's just not LP, The Catalyst was creative, risky, different, mainstream but in a good way, this was just way too much, I can see why it was scrapped from the album.

It's a DEMO. They recorded this before they went to NRG in 2009...