LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg :o 60 $ x 12 --------- 720 $ x 50 [ INR] ---------- 36 , 000 rs IM dead !!!!!!!!!!!! bang!!!!!! bang!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image

my parents will kill me and lp cd's :(

sorry got double posted my internet sucks

Edited by aravind221

Omg :o 60 $ x 12 --------- 720 $ x 50 [ INR] ---------- 36 , 000 rs IM dead !!!!!!!!!!!! bang!!!!!! bang!!!!!!!!!!!Posted Image

my parents will kill me and lp cd's :(

Why did you multiply it with 12?? $60 is for a year and not a month. So precisely it comes out to be 60x46.6= Rs. 2800

As much as I tend to pick apart things Adam says, I have to agree, I really appreciate him being around too. The band is usually pretty good at explaining the "who/what/where/when" of things, but having someone from the management/business side of things involved in the community helps explain the "why" and "how."

I hope Adam doesn't take all the negative criticism too personally, because it's not directed at him as much as it's directed at the whole behind the scenes/inner workings aspect of the band's decisions. He's just the only guy from that side of things that interacts with us on a regular basis, so he ends up being the whipping boy sometimes. I kind of feel bad for him.

Welcome to how it must feel like being the president of the United States of America.

I never bought the LPU.. simply because i didn't have the money.. and now that i have the money.. i don't think i will... the package is what interested me the most. Getting a CD/Shirt/Shoe laces/etc is what made it special. not some M&G crap that you can only meet 1 member of the band? F that, and F whoever came up with that idea.

Pretend To Be made me think of Incubus for some reason. and it is NOT better than Cat. even if it was polished.

lol. ATS is going to divide people who actually love music and understand it, too ones who only listen to the radio friendly type bands/music and can't accept experimental stuff.

Edited by FaiNt

Why did you multiply it with 12?? $60 is for a year and not a month. So precisely it comes out to be 60x46.6= Rs. 2800

oh yeah sorry i realised just after some time i posted Lol thnx anjum ...................... ill think about it :) 2800 not bad might join :D

OK... I read through the most of the thread.

First, I am a member from the start and I haven't skipped a year. I live in country where chances of LP having a gig are close to 0 and I am a LPUer essentially for the package.

Because there is no shirt&CD any more I don't think I will continue my membership, even though it would not make a visible dent on my "budget". And I don't think anyone who is not from USA, UK and Germany should. Why would you? What you should do is wait and if LP announces a concert in your country or you decide to travel to a concert ONLY THEN buy a membership. That is because they cannot offer anything worth 60$ unless it is some kind of personal experience(M&G, concert experience...). Content is not exclusive and chats are not worth 60$. Nothing they can offer online for international members can be worth 60$. End of discussion for me here. :D

Do I think special concert experience and M&G could be worth 60$? Yes, but I will buy LPU membership only when I decide to go to a concert and if I hear from others that it is very good. Also, I've been to two M&G(with 6 and 2 band-members) and those didn't live up to expectations. So, only when I am going to a concert and only if these special concert experiences prove great will I buy a membership.

There will be an exodus of international members and this encourages signing up just when pre-sales are available or M&Gs are at hand. WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IS JUST SELL THOSE SPECIAL EXPERIENCES AND M&G LIKE TICKETS FOR EVERY CONCERT, BECAUSE IT IS ALMOST THE SAME THING LIKE SELLING THESE LPU MEMBERSHIPS. This will be the last nail in the coffin of the LPU community.

ADDED: PTB is not a very good song IMO... generic and dull. some of you think it is better than catalyst?! wow, that's hard to believe...

Edited by bojkic

No, these memberships do not come with package items. Reading through messageboards from the last few launches of LPU, it seems a waste to put time and energy into trying to create and annual package that doesn't please everyone. Our resources are better spent making the experience better, and that's what we're doing.

Again, I understand why many of you are upset. But the band is confident this really will improve your experience with the LPU.

I'm looking forward to revealing some of the cool things we're working on, and I hope you'll be excited as I am.

Well, than thanks to the people who are not pleased. I personally loved the LPU packages always, and its sad to hear, that you might have been working hard on this for nothing. I didn't expected that, because I thought everyone is happy like me to get those special things. Hmm.

But the only thing that is still hard for me to agree, is the point, that its really expensive. I am a 15 year old girl from Germany that's not always able to pay 60 bucks for a package that 'might' be including not more like that special offers we always got before. I mean its the triple price of the LPU packages before! Its a bit sad to hear it but sure I am happy that the new CD might be really awesome and I am really tuned for the LPUX CD, just like ATS, but does it really have to be that expensive? Just for loosing a bunch more fans and have a taller chance to get a M&G trough that? To me it sounds a bit like that.

And I am a huge LP fan and close to be 3 years in the LPU now, I know what I'm talking about.

Yes, it's more expensive. But that means the pool will be smaller so those of you who do decide to join for an annual membership will have a better shot at meeting the band and taking part in the other opportunities I touched on.

You know what's the worst part in this, that you (LPUHQ and LP) by setting up the prices this high dividing fans by their wealth not by their loyalty and support of the band... I don't see anything that can justify the $60 price for international fans.

All this "opportunities" for the most of international LPUers limited to web site access and chats with the band. Now website access will be free and what we get for 60 bucks? Chats (3-4 in a year), presale and M&G (if you got lucky and LP came to your country and you can afford the tickets), compilation of tracks that most of us have on CDs and 1 new track? For $60 bucks? Seriously?

We can't access US LPU parties, we can't participate in LPU referral program, we can't participate in any LPU contest and + there are some countries that not listed in Bandmerch => you can't buy any of LPU merchandise.

[sarcasm] Definitely "brand new, EXCITING opportunities"! [/sarcasm]

I will continue to support LP, I will continue to run my fan-site and therefore promote LP, but I don't see a sense in renewing LPU membership anymore. IF there TRULY going to be SOMETHING exciting and worth for spend $60, then you guys (LPUHQ and LP) should REVEAL IT along with the price, not in October...

Since year seven(my second) I have signed up for LPU for the packages.

I initially signed up for LPU with year six just for the M&G and I meet them, so now I don't really have a use for that function, especially since they don't want to come here and play.

Welcome to how it must feel like being the president of the United States of America.

I never bought the LPU.. simply because i didn't have the money.. and now that i have the money.. i don't think i will... the package is what interested me the most. Getting a CD/Shirt/Shoe laces/etc is what made it special. not some M&G crap that you can only meet 1 member of the band? F that, and F whoever came up with that idea.

Pretend To Be made me think of Incubus for some reason. and it is NOT better than Cat. even if it was polished.

lol. ATS is going to divide people who actually love music and understand it, too ones who only listen to the radio friendly type bands/music and can't accept experimental stuff.

Holy crap lol. I'm proud.

+1

I'm kind of surprised that it took LP this long to give less and charge more. The package and price made sense at the beginning, and the LPU tour was ridiculously generous and cool. But they're a huge international band now. All good things must come to an end. They lost me the year they decided to be "funny" and make songs about the alphabet. :-p

Very interested to see what will be different about LPUX. More content? Different M&G format?

And I cannot wait for this day to come.

This is all I can (politely) say about LPUX:

Posted Image

Delete this if you want... but seriously, the whole thing is ridiculous. Stop hiding under the guise of 'exclusive stuff' and 'better opportunity.' Y'all (and me too, don't get me wrong) are marketers and it's your job to convince people that this stuff is worth it. You know it's not, lol. It's the same thing as us concert promoters having to jack up ticket prices because artists & their agents ask for these INSANE guarantees. We have a bottom line we have to cover and we just have to charge more because that's the only way we can stay afloat in a flailing industry. You have a bottom line too, and frankly, those packages must've cost a fortune to produce and ship each year. Why not cut them out?

I hope people pay attention to the wording on your presale ticket thing "best available seats held for LPU" means... "the best seats that are held by the venue/promoter for LPU" which will (maybe) be a block somewhere other than the area that the band/manager/label/other presale partner/radio holds/promoter/building holds are pulled from. And THOSE are the premium seats that all the fans want - those Sec A seats, so close you can see the sweat dripping down Chester's face... and unless these guys are suddenly putting some strict rules on venues ala Jason Mraz, then LPU's not gettin' them. If you do what Jason Mraz does and hold about 75% of the pit for your fanclub, then good and I will stand corrected.

Let's just have some transparency here. I'm so tired of the music industry trying to keep up it's smoke and mirrors act when fans are just so tired of it. I respect MSM and am grateful for all I learned while interning for the band; just am so tired of the BS all across the board.

Here's something to consider - why not offer your $60 online membership (sorry, no matter what you say it's an online only membership) and couple it with a $20 off coupon for the 'exclusive' store or whatever. I think that'd be worth it. $60 bux for the year and $20 off the item of your choice to replace getting a package of crap you don't actually want. THAT makes sense to me. THAT gives me an incentive.

</rant>

Guess i had more to say than i thought...

I understand everything you're saying. I'm not going to be able to continue to respond to each persons post, but I'm listening to everything you're saying. All I can say is, maybe down the road we'll SHOW you why this is a good move. Nothing I can say or do now. Timing is strange I know, but our hands were tied. We wanted to launch this in a really cool way (NYC show/LA event), so that's why a lot more is still in the works.

wow! that is such an utter fail at answering a question many many people are concerned about!

Yes you're listening but are you actually taking notice and reading the genuine and practicle concerns many long term LPUers have?

Clearly you didn't as the reply talks about NYC show and an LA event to an international member! Yes, I'm sure that will be a really cool event but seriously do you actually think anyone out of the US really cares about that benefit?

Like Simon, I've been in the LPU since year 1 - I've met many lovely friends there (including Simon) and have many lovely memories and a box full of LPU package goodies, that yes may not always be adult/girl appropriate but at least I felt I was getting something for my money.

I find it utterly disgusting that the LPU price has doubled and for basically an online package (don't argue, it is!)

Saying people want presales and M&Gs doesn't even begin to justify this, and further arguing that they want to bring the number of LPUers down by increasing the price to provide more places at these events is unfair. Aside for the fact that hardcore fans who might be students, simply have families to support or just broke can't afford this, it does absolutly nothing to repair the already damaged reputation of the band criticised for being a business more interested in money than music!

But lets talk a little about the 'benefits' of LPUX

M&Gs

My last was Milton Keynes and like Simon I was stuck organising the event as AEG didn't turn up.

Essentially you wait around for ages, then are hurded through like cattle whilst the band pay little to no attention to the fans (or in one case *cough Mike Shinoda cough* look longingly in the direction of the main stage and sulk because he's missing Jay-Z).

It's impersonal and typically full of kids as the older/long term LPUers are excluded from the lists!

Presales

As Jeanne said the LPU presale doesn't get the best seats in the house - the only acess you'll have to these is viewing them from a far! You are better using a presale from the actual organiser of the event and unlike the Spiral (NIN fanclub) there is no LPU early admission if you are standing.

Additionally, why are LP tickets double the price of any other band performing at the same venue?

Online chats with the band

Aside from Mike doing 1 a week recently anyway anyone outside of the US usually misses this.

LPU Giveaways

Only US residents can apply

Free download of A Decade Underground

Having been a member from LPU1 I already have these tracks

Access to exclusive LPU merchandise and bundle offers

So I pay $60 so I can spend more money with bandmerch?

Please explain why any of this is good for me?

And if anyone replys with 'supporting the band you love' then I'll lose even more respect for them.

Edited by Bec

Wrong. ATS will most likely divide the fans into people who feel that the band has progressed and the people who feel they haven't progressed. It will divide into those who think ATS is a good new sound and those who don't like ATS because they feel it doesn't sound like the Linkin Park they grew to love.

The leftover people who have been bitching since Minutes to Midnight have already been divided from the rest of us. They really aren't part of the fan base anymore. Those people who haven't liked a single thing that the band has done since M2M are just fans of the old LP. They're not fans of the LP from M2M or the current LP...and they probably won't be fans of the future LP, whatever that proves to be. This album is about those of us who are still left. Those who have survived through M2M and still like some or most of what the band is doing. Some of us have been fans for 10 years. And now we're going to see who sticks around even longer, and who goes. Or if you're like me, I won't be leaving even if I don't like ATS. Even though I wouldn't be a fan of the band's new music, I'd still stick around if that happened. The band has put out 3 damn good albums so I can forgive them if they put out one mediocre one.

I'm pretty sure that I love music and understand it. And I know that I don't give a shit about radio friendly music or bands and whether or not something is experimental. So if I don't like ATS, it won't be because I only listen to radio friendly bands and can't accept experimental things. It will be for many different reasons but the biggest reason will be because I don't think the band has progressed in the right way while staying true to who they are. Not saying this will happen though but if I don't like ATS, that will be why.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

Delete this if you want... but seriously, the whole thing is ridiculous. Stop hiding under the guise of 'exclusive stuff' and 'better opportunity.' Y'all (and me too, don't get me wrong) are marketers and it's your job to convince people that this stuff is worth it. You know it's not, lol. It's the same thing as us concert promoters having to jack up ticket prices because artists & their agents ask for these INSANE guarantees. We have a bottom line we have to cover and we just have to charge more because that's the only way we can stay afloat in a flailing industry. You have a bottom line too, and frankly, those packages must've cost a fortune to produce and ship each year. Why not cut them out?

I hope people pay attention to the wording on your presale ticket thing "best available seats held for LPU" means... "the best seats that are held by the venue/promoter for LPU" which will (maybe) be a block somewhere other than the area that the band/manager/label/other presale partner/radio holds/promoter/building holds are pulled from. And THOSE are the premium seats that all the fans want - those Sec A seats, so close you can see the sweat dripping down Chester's face... and unless these guys are suddenly putting some strict rules on venues ala Jason Mraz, then LPU's not gettin' them. If you do what Jason Mraz does and hold about 75% of the pit for your fanclub, then good and I will stand corrected.

Let's just have some transparency here. I'm so tired of the music industry trying to keep up it's smoke and mirrors act when fans are just so tired of it. I respect MSM and am grateful for all I learned while interning for the band; just am so tired of the BS all across the board.

Here's something to consider - why not offer your $60 online membership (sorry, no matter what you say it's an online only membership) and couple it with a $20 off coupon for the 'exclusive' store or whatever. I think that'd be worth it. $60 bux for the year and $20 off the item of your choice to replace getting a package of crap you don't actually want. THAT makes sense to me. THAT gives me an incentive.

</rant>

Guess i had more to say than i thought...

QFT

and i like the coupon idea, that would give me some incentive too