LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the only LP fan that thinks Pretend To Be is fucking amazing. I don't know why I like it so much, it's kinda poppy, but I love the lyrics and the melody is just so good. It's one of my favorite LP tracks...

same here

If this is any indication of how ATS may possibly sound (assuming it is a B-Side to ATS) I am really going to like the new sound. I love the new song.

I don't think it's any indication. ATS wasn't always going to be what it is now. They started out just making music the way they normally would.

If anything, Pretend To Be is probably what ATS would have been had they put the album out as quickly as possible.

oh and my comment on the lpu change. i think its a good idea. more expensive ok but whatever. my love to lp is so big that i dont give a shit about the money. I pre-ordered the whole ATS pacage for for 230 dollars and now gonna spend another 60 on LPU :D lp 4 ever

Adam forgot my question :(

What about international members??

members from Southamercia....Will we have the chance for this events???

because the package were, maybe, the most important thing for us, 'cause all the events are in US or japan or Germany...

Edited by ceZAR_LP

first off, thank you Adam for answering some of our questions and all the hard work you do.

so im a little confused, is the cd "a decade underground" the lpu 10 cd? from what im gathering that cd is gonna be like a greatest hits from the previous 9 lpu cds. or is there going to be a different lpu 10 cd with all new content on it? or is the "decade underground" cd going to have some new songs on it too?

first off, thank you Adam for answering some of our questions and all the hard work you do.

so im a little confused, is the cd "a decade underground" the lpu 10 cd? from what im gathering that cd is gonna be like a greatest hits from the previous 9 lpu cds. or is there going to be a different lpu 10 cd with all new content on it? or is the "decade underground" cd going to have some new songs on it too?

Adam mentioned that A Decade Underground is not the LPUX CD.

oh and my comment on the lpu change. i think its a good idea. more expensive ok but whatever. my love to lp is so big that i dont give a shit about the money. I pre-ordered the whole ATS pacage for for 230 dollars and now gonna spend another 60 on LPU :D lp 4 ever

awesome i love this :lol:

i bought the super fan edition of ATS and now im gonna buy this soon lp 4 ever!

a decade underground is a free download u get for preordering LPUX, the actual new lpu cd will come out later

In case anyone has missed them, here are the lyrics of "Pretend To Be":

--Verse 1--

You say that your proud of me

Oh oh oh oh

Then you take something out of me

So oh oh oh predictable

--Prechorus--

Why do I have to see this through?

Why do I have to take this?

Isn't there something I can do

To make myself finally say this

--Chorus--

No, You've taken this too far / Exposing who you are

For all too see / You're not the one that you pretend to be

--Verse 2--

You start with apologies

Oh oh oh oh

Then take another shot at me

So oh oh oh predictable

--Prechorus--

Why do I have to see this through?

Why do I have to take this?

Isn't there something I can do?

To make myself finally say this

--Chorus--

For all too see / You're not the one that you pretend this

--Bridge--

Oh oh oh ah ah ah

Oh oh oh ah ah ah

--Chorus--

For all too see / You're not the one that you pretend this

So in LPUX we get less for more money. Tell me Adam what can you (the LPU) give instead of the package which imho was the 1st thing lots of people wanted? I mean ok there are/will be presales, exclusive chats where, lets be honest, not everyone have the opportunity to just ask 1 damn question. Oh I forgot about the M&G....well in all those years in the LPU I've never been to the thing. Why? I seriously know few people who were in at least 2 meet and greets, better - one after another. I know that people are chosen "randomly" but how the hell? Make every LPU member equal. Get a system that goes through all and choses randomly for sure (checking if the chosen one has already been to m&g in example)

As for the packages again: If LPU releases something like LPU 7 don't blame people that they are angry about it ;) Removing the package option won't solve the problem. And charging more money for the membership is BS. "Pay more and have the opportunity to meet the band" yeah right....

Lets be clear on what i just wrote: I'm not blaming You, Adam, just the management for so stupid ideas....Well, if I ever do get into a m&g maybe my statements will change. For now there's less than before..

EDIT: Those "cool things" You've mentioned - well i want to see first. Honestly i don't have a clue what can be more cool than the package arriving at my door...

Edited by michalangelo

So in LPUX we get less for more money. Tell me Adam what can you (the LPU) give instead of the package which imho was the 1st thing lots of people wanted? I mean ok there are/will be presales, exclusive chats where, lets be honest, not everyone have the opportunity to just ask 1 damn question. Oh I forgot about the M&G....well in all those years in the LPU I've never been to the thing. Why? I seriously know few people who were in at least 2 meet and greets, better - one after another. I know that people are chosen "randomly" but how the hell? Make every LPU member equal. Get a system that goes through all and choses randomly for sure (checking if the chosen one has already been to m&g in example)

Easier said than done. BELIEVE ME.

As for the packages again: If LPU releases something like LPU 7 don't blame people that they are angry about it ;) Removing the package option won't solve the problem. And charging more money for the membership is BS. "Pay more and have the opportunity to meet the band" yeah right....

Not blaming anyone for being upset. We can't please everyone. I know PLENTLY of people who loved the LPU7 CD.

Lets be clear on what i just wrote: I'm not blaming You, Adam, just the management for so stupid ideas....Well, if I ever do get into a m&g maybe my statements will change. For now there's less than before..

Management? What management? I don't think you realize how decisions are made. THE BAND came up with this idea, which is great because they know what needs to be done to really make it awesome. They're really excited to get this underway and make the experience better.

EDIT: Those "cool things" You've mentioned - well i want to see first. Honestly i don't have a clue what can be more cool than the package arriving at my door...

Hopefully we'll be able to announce what I'm talking about soon. Until then, you can always order something from Amazon... ;)

Edited by Adam

Yes. We're in the process of making the switch, and you WILL be able to purchase LPU9 merch shortly.

Adam - can I just get this straight.

So the price has doubled.

The package (which of some of us did actually like, it was the only reason to renew when the band wasn't touring) has gone.

Stuff like the LPU CD you have to pay for now to get a copy.

You get a download of tracks that a lot of us have already got?

Presales - but that won't be useful if the band is not touring in someone's area. And haven't you noticed that ticket prices are doubled aswell since last tour? Fans can't afford them!

M&Greets have declined in how they were. My last M&G experience (the one at MK Bowl), as previously mentioned, I ended up having to organise the LPUers along with two other senior members. Then the band flat out ignored most of us as they were more intersted in two fans who paid £1000 to MFR for their place. Soon after that it was announced that only one band member would attend m&g.

So why the *expletive* has the price doubled? That has yet to be explained. Yeah you might be working on cool stuff, but is that stuff now worth the huge amount extra that's placed on the price? If so then you should really think of how you've advertised this change as you might need to put some of those incentives down to actually show this year is going to be better. 'Coming soon' doesn't explain the price hike. Do these cool things actually apply for international people? Or should anyone not US based just give up with the LPU now?

In the end I care a lot about the LPU, I was a mod, I was on the support staff, I was on the street team when there were only a few of us in the UK. I've spent hours and hours working on and with the LPU and promoting the band in general. I never got paid - and rarely got noticed. So I do care a lot - and do feel that from what's being said that you are now just making everything more expensive. This will promote piracy and the cool things that you make will be replicated if digital, heck as seen it's taken a certain russian site only a few hours to get the 'exclusive' promo track up.

The LPU used to be about not making a profit and also family and friend interaction at shows. Parents used to buy packages for their kids and it was great to interact at shows. At $60 that's not going to happen, and while the shirt might be sneered at by some it was a great distinguisher at shows.

The reason people stopped using the LPU site is that it provided very little in the way of anything different. A messageboard that got so bogged down due to lack of support from admin (I was a mod on it so I know that this was true), a load of social media features that people weren't interested in as they have twitter and facebook. A chatroom that couldn't be controlled. Some videos that were updated once in a blue moon and in most cases were only verging on the side of interesting. How about exclusive articles, live webcam chats with the band - not just user-generated content.

This is from someone who has been there since almost the beginning (I just cliped the end of 1.0), back when you could just log into AIM and chat with Jess. So far I've yet to see anything that justifies a $60 price tag for a year membership. Many of my old LPU buddies plan not to renew so far.

If there is this much negative response from fans, something has gone wrong on the admin side. You maybe about to start the most amazing LPU year ever, if that's the case then you needed to keep quiet about it until you could reveal 'the amazing things you have planned. Now it's a case of winning fans back around... and justifying a $60 price tag.

Ok, just wanted to address this again because I know a lot of you are upset. I totally understand. Here are my thoughts:

This isn't an "Online-Only" membership. It's not that same old $15 membership that gave you access to a fanclub website most of you rarely use anyway. We've found that the majority of fans join LPU for two reasons... pre-sale tickets, and the opportunity to meet the band. If the ONLY reason you want to be a part of LPU is for pre-sales, we just made the option cheaper for you. It's now $10 to join for a month, you can buy your pre-sale tickets, and you don't ever have to log in again. If you're only reason for joining LPU is to meet the band, we just made your chances a little better. $10 monthly members won't have access to meet and greets or special LPU events and enhanced concert experiences (more coming on that later). Yes, it's more expensive. But that means the pool will be smaller so those of you who do decide to join for an annual membership will have a better shot at meeting the band and taking part in the other opportunities I touched on.

Forget this idea that it's a more expensive online-only membership. It's not. How many of you log in to LPU just for exclusive content anymore? None, because the content ISN'T exclusive anymore. It can't be. There's not point in pretending it is and charging you for it.

No, these memberships do not come with package items. Reading through messageboards from the last few launches of LPU, it seems a waste to put time and energy into trying to create and annual package that doesn't please everyone. Our resources are better spent making the experience better, and that's what we're doing.

Again, I understand why many of you are upset. But the band is confident this really will improve your experience with the LPU.

I'm looking forward to revealing some of the cool things we're working on, and I hope you'll be excited as I am.

good post. now I understand the new LPU plans and I like those ideas. The official posts on lpu.com and lp.com aren't written that clear so it's no surprise everybody was upset. my marketing prof at the university always said "you can't start an inovation without good communication!"

Hmm so there are some things I don't know. Sorry. But my point is if LPUX will be the best so far I just want to "be a part of it" in case of Meet & Greets in example. And packages: Seriously, thats a bad decision imho.

Well, i just wait and see. If there will be better things than the packages, You have a 2nd beer from me ;)

First time poster, longtime lurker. I have a quick question for Adam. I'm considering signing up for LPUX just for the LA multimedia experience, but I was wondering if there is any live performance aspect to the show or if LP will even be there? I figure if I'm essentially paying the $60 for the multimedia experience, I should know what I'm getting into lol. Also, if I choose the "Confirmed Ticket" option, does that guarantee me a seat?

I understand if you can't give much of an answer to my first question because you're trying to keep things a secret, but even a hint would be helpful. Thanks! :)

Adam - can I just get this straight.

So the price has doubled.

The package (which of some of us did actually like, it was the only reason to renew when the band wasn't touring) has gone.

Stuff like the LPU CD you have to pay for now to get a copy.

You get a download of tracks that a lot of us have already got?

Presales - but that won't be useful if the band is not touring in someone's area. And haven't you noticed that ticket prices are doubled aswell since last tour? Fans can't afford them!

M&Greets have declined in how they were. My last M&G experience (the one at MK Bowl), as previously mentioned, I ended up having to organise the LPUers along with two other senior members. Then the band flat out ignored most of us as they were more intersted in two fans who paid £1000 to MFR for their place. Soon after that it was announced that only one band member would attend m&g.

So why the *expletive* has the price doubled? That has yet to be explained. Yeah you might be working on cool stuff, but is that stuff now worth the huge amount extra that's placed on the price? If so then you should really think of how you've advertised this change as you might need to put some of those incentives down to actually show this year is going to be better. 'Coming soon' doesn't explain the price hike. Do these cool things actually apply for international people? Or should anyone not US based just give up with the LPU now?

In the end I care a lot about the LPU, I was a mod, I was on the support staff, I was on the street team when there were only a few of us in the UK. I've spent hours and hours working on and with the LPU and promoting the band in general. I never got paid - and rarely got noticed. So I do care a lot - and do feel that from what's being said that you are now just making everything more expensive. This will promote piracy and the cool things that you make will be replicated if digital, heck as seen it's taken a certain russian site only a few hours to get the 'exclusive' promo track up.

The LPU used to be about not making a profit and also family and friend interaction at shows. Parents used to buy packages for their kids and it was great to interact at shows. At $60 that's not going to happen, and while the shirt might be sneered at by some it was a great distinguisher at shows.

The reason people stopped using the LPU site is that it provided very little in the way of anything different. A messageboard that got so bogged down due to lack of support from admin (I was a mod on it so I know that this was true), a load of social media features that people weren't interested in as they have twitter and facebook. A chatroom that couldn't be controlled. Some videos that were updated once in a blue moon and in most cases were only verging on the side of interesting. How about exclusive articles, live webcam chats with the band - not just user-generated content.

This is from someone who has been there since almost the beginning (I just cliped the end of 1.0), back when you could just log into AIM and chat with Jess. So far I've yet to see anything that justifies a $60 price tag for a year membership. Many of my old LPU buddies plan not to renew so far.

If there is this much negative response from fans, something has gone wrong on the admin side. You maybe about to start the most amazing LPU year ever, if that's the case then you needed to keep quiet about it until you could reveal 'the amazing things you have planned. Now it's a case of winning fans back around... and justifying a $60 price tag.

And You my friend just earned a beer ;) "LIKE"

As for the ticket price add that some of us have to travel long distances to see LP. It's not cheap...

Edited by michalangelo