LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like everyone is being billed for the damn laser shows even though most members do not live in NY or LA. People will buy it because its LP. Warner knows that.

Also don't buy this just for the demo. lol at people paying 60 dollars for one song.

Are you a dumbass? The laser show and NYC show are exclusive events that the LPU is giving you an opportunity to attend. They have nothing to do with the price.

Did you ever think about why they'd raise the price? They aren't going to raise the price to just fuck with the fans. Believe it or not, that's not their goal. Did you ever think that the LPU is probably making VERY little money? Sending out thousands of shirts and stickers that cost a lot to produce...people don't even give a shit about the packages anymore except the CD and sometimes the shirt. It makes sense to just charge you for those items when you want them instead of making everyone buy them. Hell, LPU9 made a vinyl for 1,000 people and as far as I know, it was still available to buy yesterday. 1,000. That's not a lot. There's 10,000,000 fans on Facebook - basically you just saw that 1,000 of those people didn't buy the vinyl. So how the hell is the LPU making money? They give all sorts of stuff out for free now, etc...I don't see any revenue for them.

Makes sense to raise the costs. $10 a month or just get the $60 for a year. They've gotta have some revenue to do some cool shit for the fans. I know they're not just going to have a regular LPU this year - I'm sure they're going to use the extra money to do cool shit for the fans. So if it means I pay $30 more a year for more perks and a BADASS fanclub, I'll gladly do it. Can't afford it? That also might be a point. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to weed out a lot of the n00bier fans. I'm also fine with that...LPU has a lot of that...more M&G opportunities, etc for the regular members. That's just my 2 cents.

So it's fine with me. $60 isn't for one song. $60 is for another year of the LPU. More perks, more badass stuff from them, more awesome fanclub. I am 110% sure this will be the best year of LPU that has ever existed. The fact I can get a new song I've never even heard of when I preorder the new LPUX is just badass. LPU is improving in great strides.

I don't see anyone in here that's bought the package for just one song.

Do you know what's in store for LPUX? Do you? I don't but that's called being IGNORANT when you bash something without waiting and seeing exactly what's in store and what it entitles you to.

I'm really dissappointed right now. I'm dissappointed in me, because I failed to get the LPU9 CD, thinking I could still renew in the next weeks, since I have a membership until February left. I'm dissappointed in the LPU for charging 60$ for an online membership. If you have to pay extra for the CD and Shirt and stuff that'd be hard but we don't know yet.

And I'm last but not least dissappointed in all the people bitching here and trying to defend this price and stuff. Hey, it's okay if you have a lot of money and want to spend it on this stuff, but don't mind other people who think it's too expensive, that's a subjective thing, so go and shut up if you don't have reasons to tell. I'm living in Germany and thus have enough money to pay the membership btu what about people from other countries with weaker money?

I'm also hoping that the LPU won't get nearly as much members as they had. But seeing a lot of people already preorded I think the new concept could work out.

Anyways, do what you want and stop bitching without reasons.

I'm out of LPU and probably won't get my LPU9 package either...

Makes sense to raise the costs. $10 a month or just get the $60 for a year. They've gotta have some revenue to do some cool shit for the fans. I know they're not just going to have a regular LPU this year - I'm sure they're going to use the extra money to do cool shit for the fans. So if it means I pay $30 more a year for more perks and a BADASS fanclub, I'll gladly do it. Can't afford it? That also might be a point. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to weed out a lot of the n00bier fans. I'm also fine with that...LPU has a lot of that...more M&G opportunities, etc for the regular members. That's just my 2 cents.

oh well, your so full of yourself man. now look at yourself, saying excluding the people who can't afford the package are the noobier fans. or do I have to write n00b to be on your noob-level? what the hell has money to do with being intelligent/a hardcore fan/an expert? I can't even be mad on you for writing something like that if I think of the politicians telling you people with less paid jobs aren't as important as the 'elite' with the big money. But I don't wanna start a political discussion here. But what you said is just superficial and conceited.

On another note I have to add that I don't see why a fanclub should make a lot of profit. Doesn't the band have enough money, because we all buy their CDs and go to their concerts and buy the merch, that they can give a little bit of it back to us?! I've already spend so much money on LP, but this is really too much for me now. In my opinion it seems like a fan-rip-off. And I don't know what they could offer to justify that price, but we'll see when it comes out.

Edited by NiKmaN

Are you a dumbass?

Mark, I know spraypaintinkpens is a douche, but that is harsh.

$60 is for another year of the LPU. More perks, more badass stuff from them, more awesome fanclub. I am 110% sure this will be the best year of LPU that has ever existed. The fact I can get a new song I've never even heard of when I preorder the new LPUX is just badass. LPU is improving in great strides.

Yes, LPU9 and LPU6 were amazing. But LPU7 and LPU8 sucked ass. 2/4 times I have been burned on the package. This time, I wait the see the goods before I dish out the cash.

So it's fine with me. $60 isn't for one song.

Do you know what's in store for LPUX? Do you? I don't but that's called being IGNORANT when you bash something without waiting and seeing exactly what's in store and what it entitles you to.

You are right, you're paying $60 for a digital download of a bunch of songs we already have and one demo that we don't. You are also paying for one year of the same LPU service we all paid $30 for last year. And until the LPU confirms something new, that is all you're getting. I would also call it being IGNORANT when you throw around your cash without knowing what you're paying for. I'm not bashing the LPUX, I just wanna know what I'm getting into before I spend that much money.

I have faith in Adam and the LPUHQ that LPUX will be awesome. I think it's time for the LPU to evolve and even though it's really pricey, I think having a stronger interaction with the band is worth it. Who knows? Better meet and greets? More LPU chats?

Not convinced, especially since you're being extremely vague.

How will a higher cost magically make LP have more time online for the fans? Or make the other five guys even WANT to talk to the fans online? How will you compensate for other "experiences" besides concerts, especially since LP coming to one's town is such a rare event that probably most LPUers don't get to use a concert opportunity in any given year? Is there any value in said "experinces" for people outside of Los Angeles?

the fact that nothing concrete has been said about the so called "experinces" before dropping the price is VERY fishy. You are not promising me anything concrete, you're asking me to gamble, and i find that patently ridiculous.

Also, is what you're saying really what market research said? everyone i know, including me, got it for the shirt and the CD.

Totally agree. I think this... "launch of LPU 10"... is... or what is it? I can't even call it a LAUNCH, it's like a raw pre- pre- pre-launch with no exact info, but already closed LPU 9 renewal. Why doing this? Why not to make at first a several news on LP.com and LPU.com about changes in forthcoming LPU 10, explain EVERYTHING to fans to exclude any confusions... and only THEN shut down LPU 9 renewal and update the website. But no...

I'm not even saying about the $60 for the most of the stuff that I won't get since I'm not from US. And yes, I'm one of those who planned to upgrade his LPU 9 Online Pass to LPU 9 Pass or Premier...

Wow mark some of those comments just don't compute and you're at serious risk of becoming very hypocritical. Very hypocritical.

Are you a dumbass? The laser show and NYC show are exclusive events that the LPU is giving you an opportunity to attend. They have nothing to do with the price.

Did you ever think about why they'd raise the price? They aren't going to raise the price to just fuck with the fans. Believe it or not, that's not their goal. Did you ever think that the LPU is probably making VERY little money? Sending out thousands of shirts and stickers that cost a lot to produce...people don't even give a shit about the packages anymore except the CD and sometimes the shirt. It makes sense to just charge you for those items when you want them instead of making everyone buy them. Hell, LPU9 made a vinyl for 1,000 people and as far as I know, it was still available to buy yesterday. 1,000. That's not a lot. There's 10,000,000 fans on Facebook - basically you just saw that 1,000 of those people didn't buy the vinyl. So how the hell is the LPU making money? They give all sorts of stuff out for free now, etc...I don't see any revenue for them.

The show is being used as one of the main pulling points for LPUX. You can't deny that. Think you'll find that spraypaintninkpens was being a bit sarky when he said they're making us pay for it... but to be honest so far nothing has justified the price hike so he was making a flipant remark. Calling him a dumbass is low, and I have come to expect better from you mark, you're a better person than that.

As for the 1,000 vinyl, that's because it was over-priced. There has been a recession and the music industy is currently screwing fans over especially live gigs and fanclubs. Gorillaz is another perfect example. Yes a rabid fan may fork over life savings for a vinyl, hell I was tempted till I saw the price. I'm a fan not stupid. So of course people are not buying it, especially when they get a CD with it on which they can actually listen to.

I'm seriously considering not renewing, am I 'noob' fan? Being a fan is not about money. I have to pay for my house and plenty of other things before LP. I need to live.

The fanclub was BADASS way back in 03, but recently not so sure. The last meet & greet I was at I ended up organising myself with two other members. Then the actual meeting of the band was a bit of a sham. These events don't cost the band anything and generally they're pointless for around 90% of the members.

Maybe if they gave free concert tickets out again it would seem more worth while...

So it's fine with me. $60 isn't for one song. $60 is for another year of the LPU. More perks, more badass stuff from them, more awesome fanclub. I am 110% sure this will be the best year of LPU that has ever existed. The fact I can get a new song I've never even heard of when I preorder the new LPUX is just badass. LPU is improving in great strides.

Yes I see a few who have gone 'I'm paying $60 for the song' there is little to no other reason to give the LPU $60 dollars at this time. Yes you'll get benefits later, but I can pay for it later... It may be a great year for LPU but they've told the public nothing, so it could be the worst year too...

On another note I have to add that I don't see why a fanclub should make a lot of profit. Doesn't the band have enough money, because we all buy their CDs and go to their concerts and buy the merch, that they can give a little bit of it back to us?! I've already spend so much money on LP, but this is really too much for me now. In my opinion it seems like a fan-rip-off. And I don't know whyt they could offer to justify that price, but we'll see when it comes out.

That's a good point the LPU originally was setup to give back to the fans and to not make a profit. Now seems very money hungry....

I'm seriously considering not renewing, am I 'noob' fan? Being a fan is not about money. I have to pay for my house and plenty of other things before LP. I need to live.

The fanclub was BADASS way back in 03, but recently not so sure. The last meet & greet I was at I ended up organising myself with two other members. Then the actual meeting of the band was a bit of a sham. These events don't cost the band anything and generally they're pointless for around 90% of the members.

Maybe if they gave free concert tickets out again it would seem more worth while...

Yes I see a few who have gone 'I'm paying $60 for the song' there is little to no other reason to give the LPU $60 dollars at this time. Yes you'll get benefits later, but I can pay for it later... It may be a great year for LPU but they've told the public nothing, so it could be the worst year too...

I'm totally on your site here! Just what I said, I wouldn't call me and others who can't/don't want to renew noobs...

And paying that much money without knowing what you get is - at least for some people - a tough step. I'm not one of the eveyrthing-was-better-in-the-past-people. But with LP it kinda was. I liked the fanclub, the shows, the M&G's and the shows better back then. But still everything is getting more expensive. and this is not just a little more expensive but a big price jump.

Despite the difference of opinions, let's just wait and see what it brings.

Agreed. ;)

I am hoping for a absolute amazing CD with at least 2 b-sides or demos. Or even possibly a HT Era Concert DVD in good quality. Then for the fan interaction, LPU M&G with the entire band again, but it needs to be like the sit-down and talk M&G like we have now. More LPU chats (maybe once a month?) and LPU Video chats with the whole band. Also, a shirt that will blow my mind would be nice (will the LPUX even have a shirt?). AND A FRICKEN' LPU ONLY TOUR!!!!

Edited by LPFreak64

This release seems to have torn a lot of LP fans. I think if you price something you should really say what the beniefits are (unless what is stated is all that is coming).

Because otherwise it's like someone coming up to you on the street and going "i have cookie....with special ingrediants, here's the recipe for $6....and maybe something extra later" you'd be like "i'm okay pal, there's a cookie shop right there that sells 6 cookies for $6"

Hide the song anywhere you want.

Never share it with anyone. dont even listen it out loud. any one wight hear it.

But there are more exclusive things you are getting with the membership. like Exclusive videos and countless things. which the non LPU members dont wana have because they have the dignity to be happy in what the can afford but. if you guys dont even wana share a mp3. its totally cool.

i am sorry, but i wanted to share my views about this.

you can ban me if you want.

Certain song has been leaked...sorry for those who paid for it.

On the other hand, I´m still thinking is too expensive, I´m going to wait before I decide what should I do, my account expires in Dec!

great to hear

cannot wait to find it lol