LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say but $60 for LPU membership is over-priced. I remember the good ol days in 2003 where it really felt worth it. I even was a mod there, as quite a few of you will know, so ended up working on the site, I still paid my membership. After the horrors that were lpu7 and them finally starting to get it right with lpu9... Now it feels like $60 for a CD and shirt. It seems to be only the older fans who are pissed with this price-hike tho. Maybe cause we have all the CDs so we're not excited about having them on mp3 when we've had them for 9 or 10 years...

And what the hell, a demo for people who preorder? Are WB/LP that strapped for cash? I don't need to renew until March or something so why should I renew? Seems to be just a way to milking fans for cash. Similar to the ATS special editions...

And yes I like the catalyst and I'm very intruiged by the new album so this isn't an anti-ATS rant. This is a long term fan with over 130 official LP CDs (+ skateboards, platinum disc etc) saying the fans need to rebel.

So whats the song like Mark ? describe.

Starts off with a guitar riff on repeat. Pretty unique sounding guitar. There's REAL drums for the whole song, no drum machine (see Catalyst/Not Alone). "No, you've taken this too far, exposing who you are, for all to see...you're not the one that you Pretend To Be" is how the chorus goes. There's other guitar layered on during the choruses. Raw vocals by Chester...I think Mike is singing during the bridge on the "ah ah oh oh oh" stuff. It might be both of them layered together. With 44 seconds left the guitar cuts out and it goes to just drums and bass - unique. Then the guitar comes back in and they jam for a minute with the heavier guitar coming back in...reminds me of the end of Bleed It Out live for some reason.

It's long but cool. Not as good as Across The Line but I enjoy it a lot more than the recently released songs. Great song. Highly approve of this, lol.

No hard feelings towards anyone that disagrees with me on the song leaking. It's just a song, no need to get up in arms about it.

I can write whatever the fuck I want? Yeah I've shared some stuff before but that has nothing to do with right now. Me sharing stuff in the past didn't include a $60 pricetag. I am literally almost broke right now due to my textbooks in school. Just because I can afford it and you can't doesn't mean you're somehow entitled to it leaking so you can hear it. Jesus.

First of all, relax. You're really overreacting in this thread.

I know that stuff you shared didn't cost 60$ but still. Other people also paid for it and maybe they wanted it to stay exclusive just like you do right now.

Anyway, do you REALLY believe that it won't leak?

Oh, and btw - I CAN afford it. I just don't think it's worth of 60$.

"Pretend to be" lyrics:

You say that you [?] me

Ohhhohhohoh

And you take something out of me

So predictable

Why do I have to see this through?

Why do I have to take this?

Isn't there something I can do

to make myself finally say this

No

You've taken this too far

Exploiting who you are

For all too see,

You're not the one that you pretend to be

You start with apologies

Ohhhohhohoh

Then take another shot at me

So predictable

Why do I have to see this through

Why do I have to take this

Isn't there something I can do

to make myself finally say this

No

Exploiting who you are

For all too see,

You're not the one that you pretend this

No

Exploiting who you are

For all too see,

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

Oh oh oh ah ah oh

No

Exploiting who you are

For all too see,

You're not the one that you pretend this

No

Exploiting who you are

For all too see,

It's m2m-ish style, with a more rock form unlike blackbirds and not alone. It's softer than across the line though. I see it as a mix between no roads left and valentines day.

It's m2m-ish style, with a more rock form unlike blackbirds and not alone. It's softer than across the line though. I see it as a mix between no roads left and valentines day.

thank you DJIntensity. This is awesome! guys want us to hear as many songs after their work on the M2M. Edited by My4oKFanLP

not going to lie....i'm currenttly refreshing youtube and pirate bay every so often to see if it leaks.

YOU ARE NOT ALOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

Anyway, I have only been an LPU member once, in LPU7. I was just going to renew it because when they come back around to the states, I can get better tickets for shows. But now that its 60 dollars, no fucking way.

It's a nice song, nothing much to get excited over but it is definately a nice sounding song, and it's catchy. It's a bit faster than what i've done if you want a feel of the pace.

Edit: Guys, stop PMing me for the song, I'm not going to give it to you. :P

Also, it's EXPOSING, not EXPLOITING, my bad.

Edited by DJIntensity

at the end of the day, it's not like those of us who have joined have ponied up the $60 USD just for one song - that was simply an incentive to do it now instead of later. we don't get LP in australia very often, and that is the case even more so where i'm based... so the opportunity for a meet and greet is worth the $60 alone imo.

i've been getting a HUGE number of PMs regarding the mp3. guys i have to say, i'm not very comfortable with sending it out (as per hahninator's exact same reasoning) and the fact that i don't want to be banned or be the one responsible for it leaking :) having said that, even if i could do it or was going to... the mp3 is on my work computer which is extremely limited in what i can and can't do... making it nearly impossible for me to send it out from that machine :)

patience... i'm sure you'll all get to hear it one way or the other

That is a really expensive package. The Metallica Fan Club has a better package and it is cheaper! I am really uncertain about dropping $60 for something I have paid $30 for in the past. I need to see something that will want me to come back to the LPU before I can drop $60 on it.

As for getting concert tickets early, I'll just buy a $10 1-month online pass for when the tickets go on sale. A $10 fee to get tickets early and have one month of LPU online chats and access is justifiable.

And sorry Mark, but I'll be waiting for this one to leak. One new song (demo) isn't enough for $60. And I gotta start saving cash for my baby!!! ;)

EDIT: Saw a few people calling "Pretend To Be" an MTM B-Side. Just so it is clear, "Pretend To Be" would be considered an ATS B-Side seeing how it was made in 2008 and MTM released in 2007.

Edited by LPFreak64

Hang on - I jsut noticed....

Monthly Online LPUX Pass // $10 per month

PER MONTH????? WTF! Normal package membership $60... $120 a year for online??? THat better be a mistake.

It seems like everyone is being billed for the damn laser shows even though most members do not live in NY or LA. People will buy it because its LP. Warner knows that.

Also don't buy this just for the demo. lol at people paying 60 dollars for one song.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

This. If the LPU's new "forum" is anything like the archaic early 90s bulletin board/newsgroup-style crap on LP.com, that'll pretty much be the final nail in the coffin. I'll sign up for the package, but I sure as hell won't have any use for the website anymore. LP.com in its current form is absolutely terrible.

Also, looks like LPU 9 will be the first LPU package I've missed out on, because I was planning on renewing sometime in the fall. Yay for an "annual" fanclub membership package only being available for 8 months! :rolleyes:

i missed lpu 9 too, i was about to buy it at the end of month LOL... epic pwn for me

It seems like everyone is being billed for the damn laser shows even though most members do not live in NY or LA. People will buy it because its LP. Warner knows that.

Also don't buy this just for the demo. lol at people paying 60 dollars for one song.

It's jsut taking the mick... I spent almost £100 on tickets to see them ($156) for their upcoming show. That was just 2 tickets. Then this LPU crap?

And yes seems crazy people paying $60 for one demo which everyone knows will appear on certain sites very shortly. I used to heavily defend the LPU cds when I helped out with the site... but not when they're pulling stunts like this. They destroyed the LPST, so now time for them to destroy the LPU!