LPUX Announced

letdownagain

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, who's gonna spend the $60 to make us all happy with a new demo? If it's 2008 that means it's very early ATS sessions which should be interesting to hear. Weird to think of a song after MTM but before New Divide...who knows what it could sound like!?!

I was never an LPU member just for the pure fact that I didn't really want to pay a certain fee to be a

"super badass LP fan" just because I would dish out some dough, even though I was young at the time and couldn't afford it.

Now that I am a little older, and CAN afford an LPU membership, I won't. No chance in hell will I pay that much for whatever the fuck they will give you. I'll just download the tracks off youtube and torrents. Fuck that. It's not worth it.

I'm not happy LPU. Not happy at all.

ADDED:

Also, LPU9 >>>>>>>> LPU10, by far.

Edited by Legend

If I realize correctly, I can pre-order online pass now, but then I can't buy pass with CD, when it will come out. What's the point pre-order online pass now if I wanna LPUX CD? And very strange price for online pass. Will I pay more for digital downloading?

60 dollars per year? Unless there's serious improvement to it, I don't see how thats justified.

is pretty expensive, and no new kit? 10$ per month is expensive too

last lpu had the online package $15 to all year

what's wrong with lp? =/

I've been working for 14 hours, so I'm not gonna get into everything now, but I thought I'd comment.

This is not an online only membership. Online content, with the exception of chats, will now be free. There's no point in charging people for online content that only remains exclusive for 5 minutes. The new LPU is all about the experience with the band. We're hoping to offer opportunities like we've never offered before. Regardless of what you think, people don't join lpu for the keychain, the t-shirt, or even the CD. People join for the experience with the band they can't get anywhere else. We want to improve that and stop using our resources to produce packages that never please everyone.

I know now this seems a little crazy, but I hope you guys let us prove to you that things really are getting better for you.

On another note, the CD download is NOT the LPUX CD.

my question is - are there other packages to come? what sort of pricing would we be looking at for those. would love to pre-order now, but not if i know there are going to be further packages added later.

No. No more package memberships.

pretend to be is sweet :)

for those wanting to know - yes, as soon as you confirm your pre-order - a decade underground is instantly accessible (and therefore, pretend to be). however, as adam has already said - this is not the LPUX cd that is yet to come.

Edited by Narc85

sorry about that... was a bit absorbed in the music :)

its not a heavy song but has a pretty killer guitar riff. chester's vocals are quite straight forward (ie, neither delicate, nor aggressive). no vocals from mike (unless he is doing any harmonies, but quite hard to hear on sh*tty work computer speakers). pretty clear-cut verse/chorus structure. very catchy chorus. lots of oh ohhhhs throughout.

vocals cease at 3:09 (song length is 3:54). outro starts with cutting back to just drums, then towards the end, the guitar riff makes a final comeback.

Edited by Narc85