LPUX Announced

letdownagain

Alright so after thinking about it I'm pretty positive that this song is no indication of how ATS will sound. Remember that Mike said when they first started writing the new album they were writing songs that sounded like what they had done before, but then scrapped that and began developing the ATS sound. While we don't know when that change occurred, my guess is that this song was before it. It sounds much more MTM than The Catalyst / ATS.

good point and I agree!! :)

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what you think, people don't join lpu for the keychain, the t-shirt, or even the CD. People join for the experience with the band they can't get anywhere else.

Actually, I renew for the t-shirt, CD, and LPUMB. "Experiences with the band" are few and far between. Only recently did Mike start popping up, but now he is usually on to announce an appearance on Ustream.

i also join LPU solely for the shirt and cd, they have never and probably never will come to SA so all those "benefits" are useless to me. So if LPUX has no goodies i wont renew. I dont see the renew option anywhere anyway. Mine just says there will be big news soon.

edit*ok found it and so LPUX could just as well be renamed to theGERMANandAMERICANlpfanclub since if there are no merchandise given with the package only people in countries where LP tour a lot can take advantage of the LPUX. So whats the point to pay 60$ a year for a few extra songs that i will get online anyway if they don't tour here.

and PTB sounds ok but too ordinary IMO, not that good.

Edited by GraDoN

After having my first listen to Pretend To Be, I was very intrigued by what I heard. It was very mellow, yet upbeat. It sounds a lot like MtM era stuff, with the bridge and outro seeming more along the lines of ATS. Very nice surprise of a song, and I can't wait to blast in my car in an hour!

Unless you're from NY I don't see how this could possible be worth buying FOR ONE SONG and to get access to the new LPU that's going to be effed up by ning. LPU has always been promoted as being fan friendly, when you know that anything "exclusive" will get leaked, Ustream took away the "exclusiveness" of band chats, etc...

I wish I KNEW what I'd be paying $60 for. That's my biggest problem.

Well I already spent $99 on the Ultimate Edition pre-order so I think I'll wait for my membership to run out before renewing. I also have heard Pretend To Be and I don't think it's really anything I need right now.

I'm sure LPUX will be great, but I can't pay $60 when I don't know what I'm getting. School starts again in two weeks and I have car payments and textbooks to buy. I'll pass for now.

Right well that was one massive reading session...

Much, much more information is needed on this before I go anywhere near it - I'm not feeling this at all, I think the MetClub is overpriced for a fan club but the benefits there far outshine this. The only selling points currently are one unreleased song that's potentially gonna be on the CD anyway and the NYC show/LA laser listening party - both only available to fans in select areas of the US...kinda lame. Don't get me wrong an exclusive show for the LPU is awesome but not as a selling point for $60 membership for people all over the world as it is only happening in one place.

I have the money to buy this as well but I refuse to until I see the full package and whether it is actually worth it and someone made the point earlier that the fanclub was to give back to the fans not rape their wallets to the last end which is the key point in all of this. Adam please just release some more info on this rather than being super vague. And, finally I too bought the package for CDs etc. not for the experience with the band as I've never had one, the one experience I had with the band was with Chester after a DBS show and that was cause I was smart enough to stay around after the show nothing to do with the LPU. I don't want to bash the LPU 'cause I thought throughout 9 that adam and the guys did a great job but we need some justification on this price otherwise this thing will get super bad press...I've been a fan since HT so it's not like I'm a noob if you honestly want to bring that up but seriously $27 was enough for what we get as the prices aren't including shipping overseas...

One final thing my LPU membership doesn't run out til february so does this mean I have until february or does everything cancel in october, if not can I still get m&gs at shows in november or do you have to join LPUX for that priviledge 'cause we paid for that with LPU9 and yet not one show occurred within that time...?

Ok, just wanted to address this again because I know a lot of you are upset. I totally understand. Here are my thoughts:

This isn't an "Online-Only" membership. It's not that same old $15 membership that gave you access to a fanclub website most of you rarely use anyway. We've found that the majority of fans join LPU for two reasons... pre-sale tickets, and the opportunity to meet the band. If the ONLY reason you want to be a part of LPU is for pre-sales, we just made the option cheaper for you. It's now $10 to join for a month, you can buy your pre-sale tickets, and you don't ever have to log in again. If you're only reason for joining LPU is to meet the band, we just made your chances a little better. $10 monthly members won't have access to meet and greets or special LPU events and enhanced concert experiences (more coming on that later). Yes, it's more expensive. But that means the pool will be smaller so those of you who do decide to join for an annual membership will have a better shot at meeting the band and taking part in the other opportunities I touched on.

Forget this idea that it's a more expensive online-only membership. It's not. How many of you log in to LPU just for exclusive content anymore? None, because the content ISN'T exclusive anymore. It can't be. There's not point in pretending it is and charging you for it.

No, these memberships do not come with package items. Reading through messageboards from the last few launches of LPU, it seems a waste to put time and energy into trying to create and annual package that doesn't please everyone. Our resources are better spent making the experience better, and that's what we're doing.

Again, I understand why many of you are upset. But the band is confident this really will improve your experience with the LPU.

I'm looking forward to revealing some of the cool things we're working on, and I hope you'll be excited as I am.

One final thing my LPU membership doesn't run out til february so does this mean I have until february or does everything cancel in october, if not can I still get m&gs at shows in november or do you have to join LPUX for that priviledge 'cause we paid for that with LPU9 and yet not one show occurred within that time...?

yeah I meant to address this...

YES, we will be honoring all current membership expiration dates.

yeah I meant to address this...

YES, we will be honoring all current membership expiration dates.

Hey Adam, sorry to bother you but can we get a hi-res cover art for A Decade Underground up here or on the LPU? I would really appreciate it, the only one I have now is tiny.