LPU Exclusives - DSPs!

Michael

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no europe 2008? but why? I believe those shows were recorded, at least in Athens 25th of June 2008 I'm sure I saw Pooch and the mixing table..

Pooch is also at the mixing table dring the DBS tour! but they are also not recording these shows. so it doesn't mean: Pooch is around, oh nice, the show will be recorded.

I am so dissapointed :(

Now DPS from the Danish's concert.

The concert i Forum, Copenhagen was before PR07. At the concert Leave out all the rest and the little things give you away were played for the first time.

The concert at Skive Beach Party (Festival) was recorded, becuase it was a festival. That is some bull shit........

Hey everyone: Rock am Ring was never recorded. Of cause the tv stations sent some proshot clips but they never had been recorded. They just exist :-) As a fan I must say that I hate it to know that they think we are too stupid to recognize this manipulated facts.

One question: How much does LP get for letting them be controled by this sucking label? Thats the part of this problem no one wants to talk about.

The festival thing is confusing me a little...

Why would any festival tell Linkin Park they can't record and release the show they played when Metallica play many of the same festivals and release every single show... :mellow:

This includes Rock am Ring, Rock in Rio, Download, Sonisphere etc. Why let one band record it but not another...? And it's obviously not at a price 'cause Metallica sell every show at $9.99 unless you get FLAC, so would anyone like to hazard an explanation as to why Metallica can do this and not LP?

What a complete shock! LP release a "teaser" of things to come, hardcore fans get their hopes up, and then dissapointment.

LP should be more straightforward and upfront, instead of Adam having to be the bad news bear of the board.

So much for LPU tour ever coming to my hard drive.

I agree with everything you said. Very sound logic. I don't think a venue can tell the band not to record their own material. Releasing it is another issue but I too believe most everything was recorded.

There have been cases where bands aren't allowed to even stream from a webcam during a festival show.

For example, Korn streams their shows on Modlife often and "streaming live performances" are part of the premium membership. Let's just say there were a lot more shows "not allowed" than expected. I will never know the reasoning, but it's definitely there.

Edited by rav0k

The festival thing is confusing me a little...

Why would any festival tell Linkin Park they can't record and release the show they played when Metallica play many of the same festivals and release every single show...

This includes Rock am Ring, Rock in Rio, Download, Sonisphere etc. Why let one band record it but not another...? And it's obviously not at a price 'cause Metallica sell every show at $9.99 unless you get FLAC, so would anyone like to hazard an explanation as to why Metallica can do this and not LP?

exactly what i was thinking

No one ever said we'll get pre -2007 shows.

This. Go back and read Pooch's interview with LPL, that's all there is to it. I didn't think we'd get anything pre-PR07. Pooch said they recorded a FEW shows before PR07, so maybe Berlin or London is recorded, but they started recording EVERY SINGLE show starting with PR07.

So that sucks about Europe 07, I guess it wasn't recorded. Was really looking forward to Rock am Ring 2007, damn damn.

Good news about Australia and New Zealand though. SWEET. Get to hear about Chester's broken arm and stuff. The questions I have are:

- The reason I was told that Europe 08 was NOT released is because of the tour schedule and how hard it was to mix on the road. They were all recorded in 2008 on that summer tour - Berlin, Athens, etc. Just not mixed until recently (I believe in January). Why would they not release those? Athens 2009 was released, why not 2008 when it was the exact same venue? I don't think we'll ever get a DSP of Reading My Eyes, dang.

- KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2007. We know they recorded and mixed it and sent WID and maybe BIO to KROQ to play on air after the show. Why not release that? Lots of highlights from that show - No More Sorrow and Bleed It Out with the UCLA Marching Band, Hands Held High with the kids choir, etc. That sucks about that.

- Las Vegas 2007. The random one off show at the end of PR07. I'm sure it was recorded, wonder why it wasn't on there.

Glad we are getting Australia/New Zealand 2007, but the main thing I'd like to know is what shows pre-PR07 were recorded (Pooch has stated that a few WERE), why they aren't being released, and why we aren't getting Europe 2008. Same venues and cities and stuff...I'm curious.

shame about some of the shows. though at least their trying and we'll get some thing.

One thing tho in response to the pre 2007 shows, wasn't summersonic '06 recorded? we already have at least 7 tracks released from it so it must have been in full.

But I wont hold my breath. :(

Why can't we know the list of shows being released? Is it like top secret information or something? It's kind of pointless to have 7 pages full of people asking what shows will be released and what shows won't be. I'm REALLY bummed about Bamboozle not being released since it was my first LP show and all. I hope we at least get some pre-PR07 shows if there are any.