LPU Exclusives - DSPs!

Michael

Just listening to the Tallica shows from 2010. The mix is awesome. That helps. I'm Looking forward to the next ones and start to forget the lp shows that never come. And if Mike or someone else tells something about new releases I will not read it anymore. Where are all this demos from mtm he wanted to release? Where is the live version of No Roads Left that he wanted to play surely on the mtm tour???

I only will take the things which are available and don't care about the rest.

Just something else:

I feel very sorry for the whole lpl staff. They all make an awesome job and I think there's no better fan website out there. Sorry for you that the band doesn't give much back to you. I respect you very much because I wouldn't do that so long and with so much power. Thanks for this incredible work.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to the Tallica shows from 2010. The mix is awesome. That helps. I'm Looking forward to the next ones and start to forget the lp shows that never come. And if Mike or someone else tells something about new releases I will not read it anymore. Where are all this demos from mtm he wanted to release? Where is the live version of No Roads Left that he wanted to play surely on the mtm tour???

First of all, Mike stated over and over that No Roads Left was hard to play live and didn't sound good.

Second of all, it is not up to the band members what they release. Just because he wanted to release them doesn't mean he actually could. It is entirely up to the label. People need to understand that.

Edited by Ash

Speaking of Chester's scream, I've been wondering what's going on with that for the past 3 years. Like his screams dont have as much rawrrr in them like they used to be. I wonder if he delibertly uses less force or he just cant scream like he used to anymore.

He's getting older, and likely a lot of his crazy screams were an effect of alcohol/drugs.

He's getting older, and likely a lot of his crazy screams were an effect of alcohol/drugs.

have to agree, you can really hear this!

just check APFMH, compare 2008 with the performances from 2004 or earlier! he's getting older and maybe is thinking about his voice, cause if he would always continue screaming some day his voice is at an end and we will have a huge problem and i think nobody here likes to hear, that chester has to leave the band, cause his voice is done :( -.-

oh yeah^^ forgot about the LPU 6.0 CD! :o Lmao

that was what I was talking about

i think nobody here likes to hear, that chester has to leave the band, cause his voice is done :( -.-

lol that's not gonna happen...he used to scream from his throat that's all,and it's painful for him..I think that now he is learning how to perform screams from his stomach/diafragm..that way he can perform more screaming live without devastating his voice :)

Speaking of Chester's scream, I've been wondering what's going on with that for the past 3 years. Like his screams dont have as much rawrrr in them like they used to be. I wonder if he delibertly uses less force or he just cant scream like he used to anymore.

It's funny, because with DBS he screams great live, listen to a live version of My Suffering or Condemned, it sounds awesome. With LP he doesn't seem to put as much effort into the screams. Who knows...I doubt there will be any screaming on the new LP album so maybe he's just sick of screaming...

It's funny, because with DBS he screams great live, listen to a live version of My Suffering or Condemned, it sounds awesome. With LP he doesn't seem to put as much effort into the screams. Who knows...I doubt there will be any screaming on the new LP album so maybe he's just sick of screaming...

I really hiope that doesn't happen. I listen to heavier music and love the screaming that Chester does, I'd rather he did more screaming to be honest because he's pretty good at it.

Straight from LPUHQ's Blog:

[..] We'll have a TON of live shows you'll be able to purchase and download and you'll also get some pictures from each show. These will be available VERY soon, so stay tuned!

There is no actually pictures from 2007 concerts in the dsp that we have already, so it means we will get pictures from all the 2007 shows?

I find it quite amusing that you guys are worried about Chester's singing abilities farting out.

This is why auto-tune is in existence. Astat even kindly pointed out a while back that it was clearly used in Crawling when Chester was still early in his game. Which brings up another point in your defense though, you can't really auto-tune a scream I don't think. Maybe I am wrong. :lol:

The screams on Given Up sounded pretty brutal though, comparable to his early work. Live? Not so much. He's getting older guys. He's still a badass frontman, that's not gonna change anytime soon.

Edited by rav0k

I find it quite amusing that you guys are worried about Chester's singing abilities farting out.

This is why auto-tune is in existence. Astat even kindly pointed out a while back that it was clearly used in Crawling when Chester was still early in his game. Which brings up another point in your defense though, you can't really auto-tune a scream I don't think. Maybe I am wrong. :lol:

The screams on Given Up sounded pretty brutal though, comparable to his early work. Live? Not so much. He's getting older guys. He's still a badass frontman, that's not gonna change anytime soon.

No one's worried about his singing abilities, just his screaming abilities. xD

I really hiope that doesn't happen. I listen to heavier music and love the screaming that Chester does, I'd rather he did more screaming to be honest because he's pretty good at it.

I love Chester's screams too, nobody else in music will ever sound like Chester, he has such a unique voice. But the new LP albums descriptions so far don't seem to point to anything heavy at all. Who knows. More than half the LP fanbase will hate the album if there is no screaming though, trust me.

and likely a lot of his crazy screams were an effect of alcohol/drugs.

I've read a few people say this, and I have no idea why. :blink:

Alcohol and drugs KILL you. Chester has described waking up in the morning with no voice at all after spending a night binge drinking and partying, and having to chug Metamucil and not talk all day just to be able to perform that night.

If anything the years of abuse are what has weakened his voice. That and age.

Edited by Xero21

I've read a few people say this, and I have no idea why. :blink:

Alcohol and drugs KILL you. Chester has described waking up in the morning with no voice at all after spending a night binge drinking and partying, and having to chug Metamucil and not talk all day just to be able to perform that night.

If anything the years of abuse are what has weakened his voice. That and age.

^Agreed. I mean have you guys heard Live 8 :lol:

^Agreed. I mean have you guys heard Live 8 :lol:

But Live 8 was in mid 2005, the year that Chester went through all that shit so that has to be the reason he was so off at Live 8. The 5.0 CD made the performance sound heaps better. :lol: