LPU Exclusives - DSPs!

Michael

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking out loud more than anything, I don't expect these to be answered, but there are still a few shows I'm wondering about...

15.08.2007 Wantagh, NY, Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Projekt Revolution Tour

We know for a fact this was recorded, the venue just decided at the last minute to be douchebags about allowing it to be sold.

08.09.2007 Las Vegas, NV, Summer Stage @ Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas

26.10.2007 West Hollywood, CA, Key Club, Sunset Strip Block Party

These two shows being "one-off" shows (the Key Club show more so than the Hard Rock one), I kind of doubt they were recorded, but maybe.

08.12.2007 Universal City, CA, Gibson Amphitheatre, KROQ Almost Acoustic X-Mas

I know they said no festivals...but we know for a fact this was recorded. Pooch and Dylan mixed this show and several songs from it were aired on the radio.

22.06.2009 Westwood, CA, Outside Of Mann's Village Theater, Transformers 2 Premiere

I'm scratching my head about this one, as not only was it recorded, one song from it was already officially released...the only reason I can think of that it WOULDN'T be released as a DSP is maybe the whole thing is eventually going to be released through that Monster Energy website like Bleed it Out was.

And in general, I'm confused by the revisionist history going on here...Pooch has said in the past that "EVERYTHING starting in 2007 was recorded," it was just a matter of some shows not being able to be released for various reasons. Now all of a sudden they're claiming that none of the festivals were recorded at all? I don't buy that for one second. And I'm pretty sure he specifically stated in the past that all the summer European shows from 2008 WERE recorded, so I have no idea why he's gone back and changed his mind about that now.

I fully believe that the band has every performance (other than a few oddball one-off gigs like the Key Club show or short performances like the Halo 3 party that probably weren't recorded) from the beginning of 2007 in their possession, regardless of what they tell us. It's much more convenient to tell people that something wasn't recorded than to say it was and then try to explain why they can't release it.

Just thinking out loud more than anything, I don't expect these to be answered, but there are still a few shows I'm wondering about...

We know for a fact this was recorded, the venue just decided at the last minute to be douchebags about allowing it to be sold.

08.09.2007 Las Vegas, NV, Summer Stage @ Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas

26.10.2007 West Hollywood, CA, Key Club, Sunset Strip Block Party

These two shows being "one-off" shows (the Key Club show more so than the Hard Rock one), I kind of doubt they were recorded, but maybe.

08.12.2007 Universal City, CA, Gibson Amphitheatre, KROQ Almost Acoustic X-Mas

I know they said no festivals...but we know for a fact this was recorded. Pooch and Dylan mixed this show and several songs from it were aired on the radio.

22.06.2009 Westwood, CA, Outside Of Mann's Village Theater, Transformers 2 Premiere

I'm scratching my head about this one, as not only was it recorded, one song from it was already officially released...the only reason I can think of that it WOULDN'T be released as a DSP is maybe the whole thing is eventually going to be released through that Monster Energy website like Bleed it Out was.

And in general, I'm confused by the revisionist history going on here...Pooch has said in the past that "EVERYTHING starting in 2007 was recorded," it was just a matter of some shows not being able to be released for various reasons. Now all of a sudden they're claiming that none of the festivals were recorded at all? I don't buy that for one second. And I'm pretty sure he specifically stated in the past that all the summer European shows from 2008 WERE recorded, so I have no idea why he's gone back and changed his mind about that now.

I fully believe that the band has every performance (other than a few oddball one-off gigs like the Key Club show or short performances like the Halo 3 party that probably weren't recorded) from the beginning of 2007 in their possession, regardless of what they tell us. It's much more convenient to tell people that something wasn't recorded than to say it was and then try to explain why they can't release it.

I agree with everything you said. Very sound logic. I don't think a venue can tell the band not to record their own material. Releasing it is another issue but I too believe most everything was recorded.