LPU Exclusives - DSPs!

Michael

^Didnt Chester have a hangover or something during the Live 8 show?

I'm not sure, he probably had a hangover every day that year. He said that year that he never saw the sun because he would party all night and sleep all day. Didn't he also say he locked himself in a closet for a few days even in the Inked magazine interview? He didn't take very well care of his voice that year, even listen to Let Down from the 2005 REact Now thing, it was nowhere near as good as newer performances.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chester's voice getting better over the years,that's obvious.So much progress and maturing.It's like a good whine:P.Now about the screaming part i can't complain it's a masterpiece.Maybe the new cd won't have "heavy" songs but i think he will find some parts to fit a scream,that's what he eventually do:).I find ReactNow Let Down pretty cool about its year,good energy on it,plus it wasn't "completed" then so we wouldn't expect much.

But Live 8 was in mid 2005, the year that Chester went through all that shit so that has to be the reason he was so off at Live 8. The 5.0 CD made the performance sound heaps better. :lol:

right...I mean these performances totally blow me away.his performance at BTH is epic in this show

I'd base it mainly on him not taking proper care of his voice and not using proper singing techniques (singing from your throat is a no-no). I highly doubt he's "sick of screaming". Have you seen the man do his screams live, at any shows, and that includes LP shows in 08 and 09. He gets INTO it. Even if they don't sound as great anymore, he still gives it all he has. Age really shouldn't have anything to do with it either, in my opinion. A bunch of bands have singers older than Chester that have been screaming longer than he has and can still nail the screams. But, we should get back on topic.

I'd base it mainly on him not taking proper care of his voice and not using proper singing techniques (singing from your throat is a no-no). I highly doubt he's "sick of screaming". Have you seen the man do his screams live, at any shows, and that includes LP shows in 08 and 09. He gets INTO it. Even if they don't sound as great anymore, he still gives it all he has. Age really shouldn't have anything to do with it either, in my opinion. A bunch of bands have singers older than Chester that have been screaming longer than he has and can still nail the screams. But, we should get back on topic.

I personally thought his screaming has improved a lot in the 2009 shows than the 2007-2008 shows. He sounded really good last Summer IMO.

BTW, I'm double confirming what Pooch said. I somehow missed these shows when I was looking at the list. Just went back and re-checked and they were definitely there. My bad. haha.

i want to kill you and kiss you at the same time. SO awesome!

Bamboozle 2007 was recorded for MTV2 so I don't see any reason as to why it's not coming out. Total bullshit IMO. And what about Epicenter 2009? Tons of shows that I know were recorded one way or another aren't coming out for no apparent reason. Rock AM Ring 2007? WTF? We have 9 songs from that show, I know the rest are there too.

Edited by Geki

During festival shows in radio and tv the moderators always say that the rights of this recordings belong to the bands. So it's not in their hands if the records are not allowed to air. Very very strange this whole thing.

The label makes money and LP, too because they're doing what the label says. Thats the way it is.

During festival shows in radio and tv the moderators always say that the rights of this recordings belong to the bands. So it's not in their hands if the records are not allowed to air. Very very strange this whole thing.

The label makes money and LP, too because they're doing what the label says. Thats the way it is.

Of course the rights belong to the band. MTV films them and the band or label decide's if they're allowed to air it on TV. In the case of RaR07 the band or warner just allowed the 9 songs....but pooch didn't record the festivals most likely because he wasn't allowed to do it because of the promoter or whoever..and I don't think they will use the MTV recording for a DSP. So there won't be any DSP's from festivals...