LPU Exclusives - DSPs!

Michael

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm I think in a few years we will get re-releases from the dsps and in ten years re-releases of the LPU 1-9 and then re-releases of Not Alone as a single with a live clip which was released before in a dsp and so on......

Horrible :-(

But hopefully they will make another decision and release all 2007 shows and a lot of from 06 and 04. Who knows?

A few years before I read an article that LP would like to be an internet band. As we know that never happens (I don't blame their internet presence but they are very depend from record labels I think.) Of cause LP gets more money for giving up their independence.

What a bloody joke. We are being sold what we already own? Mike said we were free to distribute the DSP's when it originally started. I thought the whole idea was we were going to get something new and exciting that we don't already have, like the Aus/NZ tour that was recorded but not released thanks to Warner in AUS.

...but then this re-release is senseless....why would anyone buy a show if they're ALL available here at LPL for free.

I have a good feeling we will probably get a letter from Warner, asking for links to the DSP's to be removed - since they are now probably going to make a decent profit from it.

Not sure why you guys assumed we'd release shows we didn't release earlier anyway...

And I didn't know until like yesterday.

Actually this is a bit unfair to say i myself could care less about the DSP's but Im pretty sure Pooch said they would release the old unreleased shows from the past tour cycle . But oh well. Bring on 8 Bit Rebellion please :]

Basically it's a very cool idea to have an official LP Bootleg archive! Now it's more the way Metallica sells their recordings, with every show available (to buy) for everyone. That's pretty cool. Selling the shows in FLAC maybe? Nah don't think so unfortunately^^

Sucks we can't get shows we don't already have, but that's not Adams 'fault'. Of course, we already have/had all of the DSPs online, and thus this archive doesn't make much sense for the LPLive users, but I'm sure there are tons of people who don't visit LPL and have no clue how to get the old shows via Torrent/File-Hosters, so they'll be happy to buy the shows at LP.com!

Edited by Chesterchaz

So finally no dsp's we didn't have yet? Well, it's disappointing, but honestly, I had never been really excited about those one...I'm much more interested by the 8 bit-rebellion game.

And also...

Of course, we already have/had all of the DSPs online, and thus this archive doesn't make much sense for the LPLive users, but I'm sure there are tons of people who don't visit LPL and have no clue how to get the old shows via Torrent/File-Hosters, so they'll be happy to buy the shows at LP.com!

Totally agreed Edited by Qwerty18

Basically it's a very cool idea to have an official LP Bootleg archive! Now it's more the way Metallica sells their recordings, with every show available (to buy) for everyone. That's pretty cool. Selling the shows in FLAC maybe? Nah don't think so unfortunately^^

Sucks we can't get shows we don't already have, but that's not Adams 'fault'. Of course, we already have/had all of the DSPs online, and thus this archive doesn't make much sense for the LPLive users, but I'm sure there are tons of people who don't visit LPL and have no clue how to get the old shows via Torrent/File-Hosters, so they'll be happy to buy the shows at LP.com!

well said. You guys have to remember not everybody is a hardcore fan like us who arent active on fansites and such. But i do worry now about the site and other sites that share the DSP's. Hmm

well said. You guys have to remember not everybody is a hardcore fan like us who arent active on fansites and such. But i do worry now about the site and other sites that share the DSP's. Hmm

But I don't want the non LPL'ers to pay for sth they can get for free. Warner has and get enough....

I know you guys are bummed, but hopefully this will be a really good thing for LPU. We're going to offer LPU memberships as an add-on and also offer trial memberships to everyone who purchases a show. As I've told you guys many times in the past, the more we can grow LPU, the better YOUR experience will be.