Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, this is amazing news! I cannot wait to hear Lost and other demos - I'm especially intrigued by Fighting Myself. The title just sounds good! I don't know what else to say - I'm waiting for the official confirmation which should come this week, I believe. I am excited as hell 😁

2 hours ago, ThirtySecondExposure said:

Here’s a couple observations I made regarding the demo tracklisting:

1.) It’s intriguing that vocal demos for Somewhere I Belong and Numb are absent, considering how massive these songs are. Perhaps the demo versions of these, along with Don’t Stay (Sick) and Nobody’s Listening, are being reserved for another future Meteora anniversary release?

2.) The absence of Nocturnal and Serpent raises a curious question… Since these titles were in the final grouping of songs selected for Meteora, would these be the working titles for Numb and/or Nobody’s Listening? Perhaps they’re working titles for a couple of the previously unknown songs on the tracklist?

Regardless, this will be a phenomenal anniversary release, and I cannot wait for the official announcement!

That's what I'm curious about too, lol. Maybe that's not all the demos on the tracklist. Maybe there are more demos than just the ones that were shown. If we do get those other 3 with the ones currently in the tracklist, we would have 18 songs, which is the same amount of songs that Rob did drums on.

Also, from looking at the song board I made based off the one shown on the Making of Meteora again, Serpent doesn't have clean guitar, it just has dirty guitar on it. Does Numb or Nobody's Listening have clean guitar? Maybe we can figure out based off the info we know on both songs based off the board (we won't be able to figure out Nocturnal though, lol).

Edited by NJPLP

3 minutes ago, Coizu said:

Numb definitely has clean guitar.

So 'Serpent' is probably the working title of "Nobody's Listening"? Which, in turn, means that 'Nocturnal' is probably the working title for "Numb"?

Edited by NJPLP

4 hours ago, ThirtySecondExposure said:

1.) It’s intriguing that vocal demos for Somewhere I Belong and Numb are absent, considering how massive these songs are. Perhaps the demo versions of these, along with Don’t Stay (Sick) and Nobody’s Listening, are being reserved for another future Meteora anniversary release?

2.) The absence of Nocturnal and Serpent raises a curious question… Since these titles were in the final grouping of songs selected for Meteora, would these be the working titles for Numb and/or Nobody’s Listening? Perhaps they’re working titles for a couple of the previously unknown songs on the tracklist?

Regardless, this will be a phenomenal anniversary release, and I cannot wait for the official announcement!

On the Meteora booklet, the band wrote, "Just one week before the band entered NRG Studios to begin recording, this song was conceived. Built around the intro hook, the song came together quickly and almost effortlessly."

Probably the demo it's just almost the same song, similar to the demo of The Catalyst so theres no need to have it.

4 hours ago, ThirtySecondExposure said:

SIB demo was already released, its Pretty Birdy.

The anticipation is killing me lol! Hope it gets announced in the next few days. Can’t wait to hear what these songs sound like. Interesting that they’re (potentially, if Martinez is correct) including a full Nottingham 03. Quality on the broadcast CD is killer. Wonder if we’ll get any video, and if so, of what? This is very exciting 

14 hours ago, martinez said:

OK then, here is a MEGA spoiler, if someone want's to be surprised, don't click!

Reveal hidden contents

[LPU & B-Sides]

01 A.06
02 Pretty Birdy [Somewhere I Belong 2002 Demo]
03 Sold My Soul to Yo Mama
04 Standing in the Middle
05 Program [Meteora Demo]
06 Faint [Demo 2002]
07 Figure.09 [Demo 2002]
08 Drawing [Breaking The Habit Demo 2002]
09 Cumulus [2002 Demo]
10 A-Six [Original Long Version]
11 Soundtrack [Meteora Demo]
12 Broken Foot [Meteora Demo]
13 Ominous [Meteora Demo]
14 Unfortunate [Unreleased Demo 2002]
15 Pepper [Meteora Demo]
16 Breaking the Habit [Original Mike 2002 Demo]
17 Halo [Unreleased Demo 2002]
18 Rhinocerous [2002 Demo]
19 Attached [2003 Demo]
20 Lying from You [Live LPU Tour 2003]
21 From the Inside [Live LPU Tour 2003]
22 Easier to Run [Live LPU Tour 2003]
23 Step Up [Live Projekt Revolution 2002]
24 My December [Live Projekt Revolution 2002]
25 Crawling [Live Reading Festival 2003]
26 Breaking the Habit [Live Rock Am Ring 2004]
27 Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down [Live]
28 Wish [Live Projekt Revolution 2004]
29 One Step Closer (featuring Jonathan Davis) [Live Projekt Revolution 2004]

[Live from BBC, Nottingham, England]

01 Session (1:14)
02 Don't Stay (3:16)
03 Somewhere I Belong (3:38)
04 Lying From You (3:40)
05 Papercut (3:07)
06 Points Of Authority (3:26)
07 Runaway (3:53)
08 Faint (2:47)
09 From The Inside (3:46)
10 Hit The Floor (2:57)
11 With You (3:46)
12 Crawling (4:01)
13 In The End (4:31)
14 Easier To Run (4:05)
15 A Place For My Head (3:59)
16 One Step Closer (4:04)

[Demos]

01 Lost (3:21)
02 Fighting Myself
03 More the Victim
04 Massive
05 Healing Foot
06 A6 [Meteora|20 Demo]
07 Cuidado [Lying From You Demo]
08 Husky [Hit The Floor Demo]
09 Interrogation [Easier To Run Demo]
10 Faint [Meteora|20 Demo]
11 Plaster 2 [Figure.09 Demo]
12 Shifter [From The Inside Demo]
13 Wesside
14 Resolution
15 Lost [2002 Mix]

Notes: this leak info is for audio stuff only. LOST is coming as a first released track from the album. It's confirmed to be the "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" track.

and on video? what shows will be released?

33 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

I'm just wondering: There are a lot of songs without a "demo" label. We know of 3 from the studio which got cut. Curious what the other songs are.

Mike said recently on Discord that he changed his perception of what a demo is. Now he just calls them "Track" or "Instrumental".

14 hours ago, martinez said:

OK then, here is a MEGA spoiler, if someone want's to be surprised, don't click!

Reveal hidden contents

[LPU & B-Sides]

01 A.06
02 Pretty Birdy [Somewhere I Belong 2002 Demo]
03 Sold My Soul to Yo Mama
04 Standing in the Middle
05 Program [Meteora Demo]
06 Faint [Demo 2002]
07 Figure.09 [Demo 2002]
08 Drawing [Breaking The Habit Demo 2002]
09 Cumulus [2002 Demo]
10 A-Six [Original Long Version]
11 Soundtrack [Meteora Demo]
12 Broken Foot [Meteora Demo]
13 Ominous [Meteora Demo]
14 Unfortunate [Unreleased Demo 2002]
15 Pepper [Meteora Demo]
16 Breaking the Habit [Original Mike 2002 Demo]
17 Halo [Unreleased Demo 2002]
18 Rhinocerous [2002 Demo]
19 Attached [2003 Demo]
20 Lying from You [Live LPU Tour 2003]
21 From the Inside [Live LPU Tour 2003]
22 Easier to Run [Live LPU Tour 2003]
23 Step Up [Live Projekt Revolution 2002]
24 My December [Live Projekt Revolution 2002]
25 Crawling [Live Reading Festival 2003]
26 Breaking the Habit [Live Rock Am Ring 2004]
27 Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down [Live]
28 Wish [Live Projekt Revolution 2004]
29 One Step Closer (featuring Jonathan Davis) [Live Projekt Revolution 2004]

[Live from BBC, Nottingham, England]

01 Session (1:14)
02 Don't Stay (3:16)
03 Somewhere I Belong (3:38)
04 Lying From You (3:40)
05 Papercut (3:07)
06 Points Of Authority (3:26)
07 Runaway (3:53)
08 Faint (2:47)
09 From The Inside (3:46)
10 Hit The Floor (2:57)
11 With You (3:46)
12 Crawling (4:01)
13 In The End (4:31)
14 Easier To Run (4:05)
15 A Place For My Head (3:59)
16 One Step Closer (4:04)

[Demos]

01 Lost (3:21)
02 Fighting Myself
03 More the Victim
04 Massive
05 Healing Foot
06 A6 [Meteora|20 Demo]
07 Cuidado [Lying From You Demo]
08 Husky [Hit The Floor Demo]
09 Interrogation [Easier To Run Demo]
10 Faint [Meteora|20 Demo]
11 Plaster 2 [Figure.09 Demo]
12 Shifter [From The Inside Demo]
13 Wesside
14 Resolution
15 Lost [2002 Mix]

Notes: this leak info is for audio stuff only. LOST is coming as a first released track from the album. It's confirmed to be the "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" track.

I just noticed something about this tentative tracklist for Meteora20 that someone made not long ago and posted on Reddit.

ps7pkvjyohi51.jpg?auto=webp&s=0d3f5716e3

The demos in the LPU disc are in the same order as the tracklist of the LPU & B-Side Rarities disc that Martinez provided.

Edit: I was wrong, it's not in the same order, but's it's pretty close to what was provided, lol.

I'm still wondering if we are going to get those unreleased Meteora remixes as a part of Meteora 20.

Edited by NJPLP

18 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Mike said recently on Discord that he changed his perception of what a demo is. Now he just calls them "Track" or "Instrumental".

But on the tracks I mentioned he does neither. They are just names without any additions.

3 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

But on the tracks I mentioned he does neither. They are just names without any additions.

Exactly. He doesn't think of them as demos anymore. Just tracks that never got vocals or simply tracks with vocals. You don't see Session listed as "Session (Instrumental)". There's no need for that. The titles with additions are tracks which are different versions of songs already included in the other discs. A6, Cuidado, Husky, etc.

On 12/31/2022 at 4:37 PM, kiq fLP said:

My theory is:

We actually know 7 demo names from songs in Meteora:

Don't Stay - Sick

Somewhere I Belong - Pretty Birdie

Lying from You - Cuidado

Faint - Faint

Figure.09 - Figure.09

Breaking the Habit - Drawing

Session - Session

5 songs remained (Hit the Floor, Easier to Run, From the Inside, Nobody's Listening and Numb).

For me, Nocturnal and Shifter are two unreleased b-sides (the rumour of Mike saying about those two in Meteora times and the Spin article mentioning both is what made my point).

According with the note from Mike in LPU 13, about Cumulus, they "tried to work on it, but it sounded too poppy". It seems a similar case to A.06: They tried to give vocals to it (maybe even has a version with vocals), but didn't worked.

So, if we exclude the 7 names we already know their respective final songs; and removing Nocturnal, Shifter and Cumulus, we have 5 demo's name left.

IMO, that 5 names (Interrogation, Resolution, Serpent, Husky and Plaster II) are the demos from the other 5 final songs from Meteora.

And, about Numb being recorded in the end of the process: according with the Meteora booklet, the song was conceived one week before they start to work on studio. So, I believe that Numb is also on that board.

To finish, again, IMO, the only "newer" songs from Meteora, with vocals and all, are Nocturnal and Shifter and, probably, one of those is "Take Away My Pride".

Here's an update to this with the new information.

Here are the songs and their working titles:

Foreword - doesn't have one (done at Mike's house after the rest of the album was finished)

Don't Stay - Sick

Lying From You - Cuidado

Hit The Floor - Husky

Easier To Run - Interrogation

Faint - Faint

Figure.09 - Plaster II / Plaster 2 / Figure.09

Breaking The Habit - Drawing

From The Inside - Shifter

Nobody's Listening - possibly Serpent

Session - Session

Numb - possibly Nocturnal

Edited by NJPLP

4 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Exactly. He doesn't think of them as demos anymore. Just tracks that never got vocals or simply tracks with vocals. You don't see Session listed as "Session (Instrumental)". There's no need for that. The titles with additions are tracks which are different versions of songs already included in the other discs. A6, Cuidado, Husky, etc.

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying!

@NJPLP

"Serpent" fits "Nobody's Listening" quite well actually because it can be both a snake and a wind instrument (don't know if this is the correct term, I had to google). Thinking about a snake charmer.

For everyone asking - yes the info is real, I learned about that already when I found it and that was almost a month ago, I found the info on the 19th or 20th December. It was very hard for me to hide my excitement about it on the chat that day. I'm glad that I was able to post it.

Don't take that info as a full content info! There might be also some stuff that we don't know, like LIT or some other stuff. No any info on the videos, consider the leaked info as an info about the digital edition of the Meteora20.

There are some stuff that are questionable and some are not. Like for example, if you have seen the list of the demo titles, the amount of it, I think that's a closed thing. There will be no less, no more. As for that live show from the leaked info, I'm not gonna explain why I'm thinking that (I mean I could, but it's gonna be a long answer and very boring, but just as a collector of the digital info on the releases I know a bit more) but with that live show those things could happen:

- it can be released as a stand-alone release instead of including it on the Meteora20
- the audio from that show can be available in the digital edition of the Meteora20 and the physical release will have only the DVD. We will see.

Also...

Spoiler

Check the list of the LPU & B-Sides... isin't something is missing there? There's no "One Step Closer (2003.03.17 Detroit)" from the Faint single. Isn't that a hint that maybe we will get the full MTV $2 Bill show?

Edited by martinez

5 minutes ago, martinez said:

For everyone asking - yes the info is real, I learned about that already when I found it and that was almost a month ago, I found the info on the 19th or 20th December. It was very hard for me to hide my excitement about it on the chat that day. I'm glad that I was able to post it.

Don't take that info as a full content info! There might be also some stuff that we don't know, like LIT or some other stuff. No any info on the videos, consider the leaked info as an info about the digital edition of the Meteora20.

There are some stuff that are questionable and some are not. Like for example, if you have seen the list of the demo titles, the amount of it, I think that's a closed thing. There will be no less, no more. As for that live show from the leaked info, I'm not gonna explain why I'm thinking that (I mean I could, but it's gonna be a long answer and very boring, but just as a collector of the digital info on the releases I know a bit more) but with that live show those things could happen:

- it can be released as a stand-alone release instead of including it on the Meteora20
- the audio from that show can be available in the digital edition of the Meteora20 and the physical release will have only the DVD. We will see.

Also...

Reveal hidden contents

Check the list of the LPU & B-Sides... isin't something is missing there? There's no "One Step Closer (2003.03.17 Detroit)" from the Faint single. Isn't that a hint that maybe we will get the full MTV $2 Bill show?

I thought that someone must know something because it was suspicious that admins in Linkinpedia changed "Hearsay" to "Husky".

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

I think all the songs on the album are going to have vocals to some extent. Considering that this isn't only for hardcore fans, but for everyone, people prefer songs with vocals always, and look at HT20, there were still songs with vocals that we didn't know about (in fact there are even more that are still unreleased).

I think people have internalized too much that on this album the last thing that was done were the vocals and that the rest of the 18/24 months they were composing they didn't add vocals. I think we are in for a pleasant surprise.

14 minutes ago, Capacity said:

I think all the songs on the album are going to have vocals to some extent. Considering that this isn't only for hardcore fans, but for everyone, people prefer songs with vocals always, and look at HT20, there were still songs with vocals that we didn't know about (in fact there are even more that are still unreleased).

I think people have internalized too much that on this album the last thing that was done were the vocals and that the rest of the 18/24 months they were composing they didn't add vocals. I think we are in for a pleasant surprise.

And this time around, all of the songs in the demos tracklist are all unreleased and never heard before, unlike Hybrid Theory 20, where only 5 of them were unreleased and unheard and the other 7 were leaked and heard previously before their official releases. 

Edited by NJPLP

Regarding the LPU & B-Sides Tracklist:

Has anyone else noticed the apparent exclusion of the LPU 3.0 tracks? Could this be pointing toward a rebundled Live In Texas audio release with all the live tracks sequenced together for the first time?

If that’s the case, this would add 17 more tracks to the current 73-track count, which would bring the grand total to 90 tracks, assuming there’s nothing else included…

Edited by ThirtySecondExposure