Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

55 minutes ago, ThirtySecondExposure said:

Regarding the LPU & B-Sides Tracklist:

Has anyone else noticed the apparent exclusion of the LPU 3.0 tracks? Could this be pointing toward a rebundled Live In Texas audio release with all the live tracks sequenced together for the first time?

If that’s the case, this would add 17 more tracks to the current 73-track count, which would bring the grand total to 90 tracks, assuming there’s nothing else included…

I was thinking the same, it would be a great addition. What surprises me is that, for the moment Collision Course is being excluded

Edited by bloodbath

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

I was thinking the same, it would be a great addition. What surprises me is that, for the moment Collision Course is being excluded

Hopefully, they include the unreleased Meteora remixes instead of Collision Course. Maybe if there's not that many Meteora remixes they will put them together in the same tracklist. Who knows.

Edited by NJPLP

This kind of hype is one of the things I miss most about the lack of LP stuff since Chester’s passing. I’m happy we are still getting stuff to scratch that itch even if it’s not a new album or LPU CD every year. I’m super excited for this

Edited by jFar920

25 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Im so excited to finally have A6 with vocals, Chester singing "just drag it out remember" was as amazing as the Lost snippet.

We gotta wait a couple more months though before we get A6 with vocals. We'll get Lost (TTTAMP) sometime this month. As for when, I'm not sure. They still haven't teased any stuff or made any announcement for Meteora 20 yet.

Edited by NJPLP

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I wouldn't be surprised if CC was excluded from the release. Maybe dealing with Jay-Z's label is still troublesome and the band and Warner have decided to just ignore the existence of the EP instead of having problems with releasing CC again.

Edited by blackout

12 minutes ago, blackout said:

I wouldn't be surprised if CC was excluded from the release. Maybe dealing with Jay-Z's label is still troublesome and the band and Warner have decided to just ignore the existence of the EP instead of having problems with releasing CC again.

We're gonna laugh a lot in 4 years when it comes to release MTM and RTR...

8 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

We're gonna laugh a lot in 4 years when it comes to release MTM and RTR...

Perhaps it will get the same treatment and they simply won't release RTR. They have a lot of proshots to choose from when it comes to MTM era so it shouldn't be a problem. Obviously maybe I'm wrong and both CC and RTR will be released again.

Edited by blackout

4 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Well I'm very excited to get some (un)official confirmation that we're finally going to hear Thoughts That Take Away My Pride very, very soon!

We will hear it this month in maybe a few days. Just wait patiently.

2 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

A.06 with vocals and “Thoughts” (Lost) are the holy grails, plus some alternative demos of already released songs from Meteora

Yes. These two are must have. I can add Shifter there for me. And I wonder if there is Rob drum demo and The Wizard Song instrumental. Hopefuly yes.

@martinez If I can ask of course... If you don't want to answer, just don't answer. Why have you decided to put the leak out right now if you'd had this info in December? Do you know that LP are going to officially announce it soon and that's why you did it or there is a different reason? Just out of curiosity. 😉

1 hour ago, Hybrider said:

We will hear it this month in maybe a few days. Just wait patiently.

Yes. These two are must have. I can add Shifter there for me. And I wonder if there is Rob drum demo and The Wizard Song instrumental. Hopefuly yes.

I have a feeling that "Lost (2002 Mix)" is "The Wizard Song", just knowing that both songs are very similar to each other.

1 hour ago, jopevc said:

We´ve been waiting for TTTAMP for pretty much 2 decades and 2 weeks for the official announcement. These 2 remaining weeks will fly by, so will get TTTAMP in no time :D

It'll probably feel like it take forever though, lol.

Edited by NJPLP

4 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

It'll probably feel like it take forever though, lol.

I have a feeling that maybe this week is going to be "the week", I hope so. Mike answering questions on discord was possibly a itended move to increase our hype in a short time, preparing us for something coming very soon

Edited by jopevc

3 minutes ago, jopevc said:

I have a feeling that maybe this week is going to be "the week", I hope so. Mike answering questions on discord was possibly a itended move to increase our hype in a short time, preparing us for something coming very soon

Hopefully, that's the case. I can't wait to hear the full version of "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" aka "Lost". Hopefully, it's by the end of this week or the start of next week.

6 hours ago, martinez said:
  Hide contents

Check the list of the LPU & B-Sides... isin't something is missing there? There's no "One Step Closer (2003.03.17 Detroit)" from the Faint single. Isn't that a hint that maybe we will get the full MTV $2 Bill show?

Spoiler

I think it's just to not have two live OSC versions on the same disc, we'll see.

Wow, if we actually get to hear Lost (Thoughts That Take Away My Pride) for the first time this week or if not next that’d be incredible! I know there’s been people around the community much longer than me who have wanted to hear that song for probably almost 20 years now, or ever since the Making of Meteora DVD got released. Those little seeds LP hid in their vids like Summer Sanitarium LPTV and Mike’s Shirt LPUTV, makes me think that song was probably decently known by the band and not just a forgotten demo. It’s one of only very few unreleased songs heard in LPTV videos. Seriously though, it’s been known about longer than Pictureboard, despite it being not as high up of a grail. It’s gonna be cool to finally hear after years of knowing only clips of it. Hopefully the band will talk about it a little bit too.

As for the rest of the songs, I’m really excited to hear those too. One of those titles from the Unreleased Demos list is probably Cumulus with vocals, which would be cool to hear too. The Rob Drum Track would be cool to hear too. Everything on that list got me way more hyped up than I already was, and I can’t wait to see an official announcement hopefully very very soon of all this legendary stuff by the band.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

8 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

As for the rest of the songs, I’m really excited to hear those too. One of those titles from the Unreleased Demos list is probably Cumulus with vocals, which would be cool to hear too. The Rob Drum Track would be cool to hear too. Everything on that list got me way more hyped up than I already was, and I can’t wait to see an official announcement hopefully very very soon of all this legendary and unheard stuff by the band.

Did they record vocals for Cumulus?

Now that you guys know what it's called you can just write "Lost".

1 hour ago, blackout said:

@martinez If I can ask of course... If you don't want to answer, just don't answer. Why have you decided to put the leak out right now if you'd had this info in December? Do you know that LP are going to officially announce it soon and that's why you did it or there is a different reason? Just out of curiosity. 😉

Here's the reason:

On 1/15/2023 at 8:58 PM, LPLStaff said:

Stuff is going to inevitably leak as it always does. You are welcome to post leaks here, of course. We ask that you either put SPOILER WARNING before it, or put it in spoiler tags, or just something as a courtesy to those who may not want to see leaked information yet. But definitely feel free to discuss things as they leak and happen - that's part of the process and is very fun! :)

1 hour ago, jopevc said:

Did they record vocals for Cumulus?

I’m pretty sure they did. It has vocals recorded on the song board, and I think it did get vocals. My guess is it could be the 2nd or 3rd track on the demos list.

I wonder what song title Lost had at the time of being on the board (because it was recorded with the rest of the songs). I was thinking Serpent but it seems everyone thinks that’s Nobody’s Listening, which makes sense. I feel like Lost has a flute sound on it too (as heard in the Summer Sanitarium video) so it could be Serpent still right? If not it had to have been either missing from the board or maybe it was actually Cumulus or Resolution who knows.

Also if Plaster II and Figure.09 were two different songs on the board, how are they the same song? Was Plaster II like a different variation of Figure.09? So many questions but hopefully we’ll get answers on this anniversary.

My theory is this:

Plaster II was another version or perhaps the original of Figure.09 they kept for a while.

Numb was not a working title on the board yet in the pictures we’ve seen because it was one of the last if not the last song they did right?

Serpent is the working title for “Lost”

Nocturnal is the working title for “Nobody’s Listening”

“More The Victim” and “Fighting Myself” are Cumulus/Resolution just maybe.

I don’t know if anything about this has been confirmed yet so if it is correct me if i’m wrong 👍

Edited by IWillWalkAway