Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When they started playing Meteora for journalists they had tight security. People had to give away their phones and stuff during the listening session (which was rather extreme in 2002/3, mind you). Korn's album leaked about half a year before its release in an unmastered state in 2002, so LP and the label were really careful. The album leaked only a week (or rather a couple of days) before release which was a great achievement during that time because albums were leaking left and right with the rather fresh filesharing phenomenom. I think getting on top in these times shaped LP a lot.

3 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Ci sono 15 canzoni sulla tavola dei brani di Meteora. La sessione era sul tabellone Meteora, quindi conta ancora come traccia. Ci sono almeno 14 canzoni che hanno la voce registrata per loro, intendevo dire 15 che sono state completamente fatte. 11 con la voce sono nell'album. La sessione non ha la voce ma conta comunque come traccia, è sulla lavagna. Questo ci lascia ancora con almeno 3 restanti canzoni dei Meteora finalizzate che non abbiamo mai ascoltato. Ci sono anche altri 12 demo che non abbiamo mai sentito prima, quindi sono super entusiasta.

Wait, 12 never heard demos? Do you mean demos of songs that made the album or that didnt arrive to a final state and are completely different?

45 minutes ago, DavideLP said:

Wait, 12 never heard demos? Do you mean demos of songs that made the album or that didnt arrive to a final state and are completely different?

He’s talking about the demos that are in the demos tracklist for Meteora 20 that was leaked.

Edited by NJPLP

13 hours ago, Trumtram said:

When they started playing Meteora for journalists they had tight security. People had to give away their phones and stuff during the listening session (which was rather extreme in 2002/3, mind you). Korn's album leaked about half a year before its release in an unmastered state in 2002, so LP and the label were really careful. The album leaked only a week (or rather a couple of days) before release which was a great achievement during that time because albums were leaking left and right with the rather fresh filesharing phenomenom. I think getting on top in these times shaped LP a lot.

Fascinating stuff. Maybe 9/11 added that layer of scrutiny indirectly? Perhaps, but I do also remember something like Green Day's nearly finished record being stolen at the time before they started all over again for American Idiot.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

11 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Some are gonna be previously unheard unreleased demos and some are gonna be never before heard demos of album tracks we know.

So there are 3 unheard finished track, and 12 demos wich some are unheard e some became album tracks? Right? Tnx to both for the precisation

4 hours ago, DavideLP said:

So there are 3 unheard finished track, and 12 demos wich some are unheard e some became album tracks? Right? Tnx to both for the precisation

that’s what i think is the 15 we see on the leaks list but we’ll have to see…

Happy Birthday, Rob Bourdon, the greatest drummer of all time.

5 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

that’s what i think is the 15 we see on the leaks list but we’ll have to see…

Happy Birthday, Rob Bourdon, the greatest drummer of all time.

Hah, LP actually put the part from Making of with the unreleased drumming track as an accompaniment to congratulations. They know what they're doing :D

1 hour ago, EnhanX said:

Hah, LP actually put the part from Making of with the unreleased drumming track as an accompaniment to congratulations. They know what they're doing :D

Absolutely they know. 

this drum track is my dream since my 14 years old 😮💨

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

just saw the birthday wish on LP’s instagram. Seems like a tease to both that unreleased track and maybe just maybe, hinting more extra footage coming from Making of Meteora… 🤔

They put this video on purpose, for sure! I noticed it too. For me it's almost a confirmation that this track is going to be on Meteora 20. They are teasing us again 😁 I wonder if it will be a track with vocals or just instrumental. I wouldn't have anything against either of these options. I just want to finally have this track in the official version and not as a fan remake. I don't know if I am not waiting for this demo more than even for "Lost". Especially if it has vocals, wow! This piano melody is mesmerising and imagine if it comes on after a beautiful vocal melody. I am going to lose my shit when I finally hear this song and if it is with vocals. I cannot wait!

17 minutes ago, blackout said:

They put this video on purpose, for sure! I noticed it too. For me it's almost a confirmation that this track is going to be on Meteora 20. They are teasing us again 😁 I wonder if it will be a track with vocals or just instrumental. I wouldn't have anything against either of these options. I just want to finally have this track in the official version and not as a fan remake. I don't know if I am not waiting for this demo more than even for "Lost". Especially if it has vocals, wow! This piano melody is mesmerising and imagine if it comes on after a beautiful vocal melody. I am going to lose my shit when I finally hear this song and if it is with vocals. I cannot wait!

I'm with you on this. Waiting for that track since 2003.

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

just saw the birthday wish on LP’s instagram. Seems like a tease to both that unreleased track and maybe just maybe, hinting more extra footage coming from Making of Meteora… 🤔

They're watching us. Hi LP marketing person!

12 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

No. He left a long time ago. Working for a different label now.

thanks for the info! I don’t know why I thought he was still with LP

i have a feeling we will start seeing some Meteora stuff within 1-5 days now.

Edited by IWillWalkAway