Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

For those of you who are looking for Linkin Park news, the band has sent out a new email to the LPU and to general Linkin Park mailing list with the following text:

"Happy Holidays Street Soldier,  

Usually around this time, you’ve come to expect an update on the latest and greatest LPU offerings, but we’ve decided to hold off just a little longer. We’re planning some exciting things for 2023, and we’ll be able to tell you more in January. Until then, we wish you a safe, healthy holiday season and a happy new year.

LPU HQ"

The Linkin Park Underground releases their yearly fan club edition near the end of each year, usually in November and December. The most recent edition, LPU 21, featured a selection of new merch and a reissue of the LPU 2.0 CD but on cassette for the first time ever. With the unexpected passing of Chester, the band has not released a new LPU CD since November 2016 but has continued giving the LPU access to exclusive merch, Mike Shinoda's presales, meet & greets, contests, and more. With this email, it sounds like Linkin Park will offer something for the LPU in 2023 instead, timing up with the anniversary in March 2023 of one of their most beloved albums....

Meteora

As if the timing wasn't enough, \for those keen enough to notice, the bottom of the email was signed with the photo of Boris Tellegen aka Delta who appears on the Meteora album cover.

bfc11d9d-0ce8-11eb-a3d0-06b4694bee2a%2F1

The Hybrid Theory 20 release in fall 2020 was iconic for the band - releasing unknown demos, several unseen live shows, the Hybrid Theory EP on vinyl for the first time ever, and much more. If "exciting things" for 2023 means a possible Meteora celebration... sign us up.

What would you like to see Linkin Park do for Meteora? Would you welcome another box set in some form or fashion? Only time will tell, but the first hint is out and by the reactions on social media, Linkin Park's fanbase is pretty excited.

January 15, 2023 EDIT:

Mike Shinoda, through a series of Discord messages, has confirmed that Linkin Park will be celebrating the Meteora 20th anniversary this year. He posted the following messages in Discord on his main channel in a conversation with fans:

Mike Shinoda: "I feel like 2023 is going to be an exciting year"
B_Modz: "Meteora 20th?"
Mike Shinoda: "that's certainly one reason"
Northwest: "AYO LEAKING A NEW ALBUM??"
Mike Shinoda: "Not a new album, but there will be things that are...of interest to you"

There we have it - Mike says the Meteora anniversary will be a part of the 2023 excitement, and also hints at possibly something else coming during the year. Let's see what happens!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

They missed an opportunity to create presale for Christmas.

Yes but I bet a lot of people will use Christmas money to buy it once it's announced in January. Hope we get a ''single'' from the release like we did with She Couldn't for Hybrid Theory 20. It will help promote it and the community will be back together. I think it's a good time frame since Meteora's anniversary is in March.

Since HT20 was released I already started to imagine Meteora 20th, Boris Tellegen's photo at the end of the email was a hint.
the fact that they talk more in January also makes sense.
all bands, officially announce a celebration release 2 months earlier as was HT20 in August 2020.
I've seen it on reddit and other fan chats and everyone just talks about it meteora 20th. I'm excited like many, I hope we have something special, I'll leave my suggestions below.
if it's a box like HT20 what would you like to see:

01 remastered cd
01 unreleased demo cd
01 cd remix ? ( looks like it was remixed of meteora songs , but never released , it would be interesting to see that )

02 cd's with unreleased concerts (full)

03 dvd's Or BLURAY (if possible in Bluray in 1080p or 4k) two unreleased full concerts (with conversations between songs and without merging images of two concerts as was PR 02 from HT20)

FROM SHOW 2003:

- LPU UNDERGROUND 2003 - Detroit Theatre it would be great full concert :) or maybe Los Angeles "Meteora Realease show" full concert too.

:)

About the LPU 2003 show it's important to put on a show in which the band plays easier to run and hit the floor we never saw a live video of these songs (easier to rum we have that clip with images from the show and the very bad quality doesn't count) nobody listening only in the mash up did we officially hear it, so I guess it's ok in my opnion.

OR

PROJEKT REVOLUTION 03'  that features Nobody lystening, easier to run and hit the floor a good opportunity to officially see a show with these three songs for the first time FULL CONCERT TOO.

FROM SHOW 2004:

- Brazil 2004 - 80 thousand people present and closing of the meteora tour.  (FROM 1:24)

- the third dvd could be never seen footage from the making of meteora and also more videos from lptv between 2003 to 2004

03 vinyl:
- meteora remasterd
- live in texas (first time ever) gatefold and color
- collision course

01 book

extras: lithographs, posters, card access replicas, etc...

those were the ideas that just came to mind :)

*** NOTE: A METEORA BLURAY IN 5.1 WOULD BE SOMETHING INTERESTING DON'T YOU THINK? ***

Edited by thigolpbr

As for the Meteora20th I want the same simple set, something that wasn't available physically but they did - all music videos in atleast HD quality or higher, the same with the making of meteora and the meteora artwork documentaries and available for purchase on iTunes just like they did with HT20, plus make all of those stuff available for purchase outside the US.

I always was thinking that Live In Texas should be added, even if it's not very into Meteora anniversary. If they release it as a vinyl it will be ok, if they will release a Hi-Res version with new mix/master to stream/digital stores it will be ok, but if they will release a NOT CENSORED version of it for the first time that will be a fucking awesome.

Edited by martinez

41 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

- Brazil 2004 - 80 thousand people present and closing of the meteora tour.

Didn't thought about it. That's THE REAL chance to put our hands on it. 

Just check this amazing playlist someone put together with the few pieces of amateur footage we have. Unbelievable concert.

Edited by vinifeijo

13 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Didn't thought about it. That's THE REAL chance to put our hands on it. 

Just check this amazing playlist someone put together with the few pieces of amateur footage we have. Unbelievable concert.

In addition to being the brazil show that ended the tour, it was also the show with the largest audience of the LP until that moment! 

About the LPU 2003 show it's important to put on a show in which the band plays easier to run and hit the floor we never saw a live video of these songs (easier to rum we have that clip with images from the show and the very bad quality doesn't count) nobody listening only in the mash up did we officially hear it, so I guess it's ok

You know how Linkin Park did their 20 year old computer thing on their website for Hybrid Theory 20? I wonder if they will do something similar, or, possibly, something different for Meteora 20.

Edited by NJPLP

13 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

Since HT20 was released I already started to imagine Meteora 20th, Boris Tellegen's photo at the end of the email was a hint.
the fact that they talk more in January also makes sense.
all bands, officially announce a celebration release 2 months earlier as was HT20 in August 2020.
I've seen it on reddit and other fan chats and everyone just talks about it meteora 20th. I'm excited like many, I hope we have something special, I'll leave my suggestions below.
if it's a box like HT20 what would you like to see:

01 remastered cd
01 unreleased demo cd
01 cd remix ? ( looks like it was remixed of meteora songs , but never released , it would be interesting to see that )

02 cd's with unreleased concerts (full)

03 dvd's Or BLURAY (if possible in Bluray in 1080p or 4k) two unreleased full concerts (with conversations between songs and without merging images of two concerts as was PR 02 from HT20)

FROM SHOW 2003:

- LPU UNDERGROUND 2003 - Detroit Theatre it would be great full concert :) or maybe Los Angeles "Meteora Realease show" full concert too.

:)

About the LPU 2003 show it's important to put on a show in which the band plays easier to run and hit the floor we never saw a live video of these songs (easier to rum we have that clip with images from the show and the very bad quality doesn't count) nobody listening only in the mash up did we officially hear it, so I guess it's ok in my opnion.

OR

PROJEKT REVOLUTION 03'  that features Nobody lystening, easier to run and hit the floor a good opportunity to officially see a show with these three songs for the first time FULL CONCERT TOO.

FROM SHOW 2004:

- Brazil 2004 - 80 thousand people present and closing of the meteora tour.  (FROM 1:24)

- the third dvd could be never seen footage from the making of meteora and also more videos from lptv between 2003 to 2004

03 vinyl:
- meteora remasterd
- live in texas (first time ever) gatefold and color
- collision course

01 book

extras: lithographs, posters, card access replicas, etc...

those were the ideas that just came to mind :)

*** NOTE: A METEORA BLURAY IN 5.1 WOULD BE SOMETHING INTERESTING DON'T YOU THINK? ***

This! This is it!

I hope for Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, From The Inside demo, Figure.09 rap demo, A.06 with vocals, The Wizard Song instrumental and some unreleased demos. I would be so happy if this would be reality.

Edited by hybrider