Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

Since a lot of posts got deleted (which sucks!), I'll re-post a few of the things I was saying, we had a nice little discussion going.

As far as Live In Texas goes, I know some fans don't want it included, but I feel like it probably will in some capacity since it was a main release (not a main album, yes), and also because it does capture the Meteora tour energy pretty well (killer set, great performance from the band. I do think it would be unnecessary to add both the audio and DVD versions of the release though unless they do a vinyl for Live In Texas (would be first time ever) and then give us the DVD, too. It would be epic to have the show uncensored in terms of the cursing like some people have said but I highly doubt we would get that. However, we definitely need a Projekt Revolution 2003 show and a Projekt Revolution 2004 show. I think they liked using Projekt Revolution 2002 and the Street Soldiers Tour for the Hybrid Theory set because they were their own tours, I can see them wanting to do that again for the Meteora shows. A Projekt Revolution 2003 show would be the ultimate release since we would get Hit The Floor, Easier To Run and Nobody's Listening. I'm sure Xzibit (he was on Nobody's Listening) and Chad Gray (he was on One Step Closer a lot) would be cool with them releasing a show. Wait wasn't Christian from Blindside on P5hng, too? Damn what an epic setlist that is. He seems cool with Linkin Park as well since he even came out for One Step Closer in 2017 in Sweden. We know they had some footage from the tour since it was used on LPTV, etc. And far as far as Projekt Revolution 2004, that would be a holy grail for a lot of people in terms of a Meteora set. I'm totally sure Snoop would be cool if they released one of the shows he came out on the Medley at, he even was gonna tour with the band in 2017 and Jonathan Davis loves the band. Imagine getting Holmdel 2004 which had Jay-Z come out??? Was show in LPTV, too!

As far as what I was saying about Collision Course, I was saying how I wonder if getting rights to re-release Collision Course would be hard since Mike mentioned at the Grammy's in 2006 during the speech that it was a ''nightmare'' to get all the record label stuff to agree or whatever. I think Jay-Z would be cool with it since he showed respect to Chester with his performance of Numb/Encore in 2017 and stuff and I think he's always been cool with the band even if him and Mike don't talk anymore, I don't think it was ever a bad blood type of situation, that's just what happens in life.

Mike's Speech at the Grammys 2006

Mike on Sway in 2018, he mentions Jay-Z at 16:52

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About Live in Texas, I think it's very likely that there will be a vinyl (first time ever) about the recorded show, there could maybe be a release with alternative images, without censorship, and especially if it could be on a bluray with 4k quality it would be an amazing experience to watch.
I talked about the LPU Tour and PR03 as a video release.
the PR03 brings together Easier, HTF and NL so we would finally have the launch in an official registered show.
the LPU leaves out NL, but watching the show we have on YT (Incomplete) Detroit Theater, we feel the vibe of an amazing show.
I particularly stay between these two tours that would be very incredible an official launch of a show.
the BRazil show ending the tour, would also be very good to be released.
In short, I hope we can have two or three full unreleased concerts for Met20th

A curiosity:

If it's a box like HT, would you guys think it's cool the cover of the box black with gold like the HT20 or black with the cover of the original Meteora?

How sure are we that there will even be a Met20 as we imagine it? Could it be just new merch? 

I will be disappointed for sure if it will include only new merch. I would definitely like a kind of box edition, even if it is not that much grande as HT, as long as it is a proper anniversary edition, not just merch.

I read that there are not that many demos or unreleased songs from Meteora era, compared to other albums. Why is that, is it true? Do you think we should have hope for demos and unreleased material? I'm not talking about concerts and DVDs, but more from songs and new material perspective. 

Also what I'm hoping for more importantly is what kind of artwork will be included. I really reaaaalllyy enjoy booklets and artworks, and I want to see for example an extended, enhanced edition of Meteora booklet with lyrics, song context and songwriting perspective, notes about the songs, meaning etc.

What do you think?

Edited by chester20080

As I said before the post was deleted, I'd love to have the LIT full audio for once, 71 minutes of show could make it in a CD, we're not at that times where you have to cut content to prevent piracy or to have something worth for the next LPU release. As far as other shows, I'd be happy with anything so far. Perhaps I have a soft spot for the 04 shows, but honestly I'd be grateful with any kind of extra material 

23 minutes ago, chester20080 said:

How sure are we that there will even be a Met20 as we imagine it? Could it be just new merch? 

I will be disappointed for sure if it will include only new merch. I would definitely like a kind of box edition, even if it is not that much grande as HT, as long as it is a proper anniversary edition, not just merch.

I read that there are not that many demos or unreleased songs from Meteora era, compared to other albums. Why is that, is it true? Do you think we should have hope for demos and unreleased material? I'm not talking about concerts and DVDs, but more from songs and new material perspective. 

Also what I'm hoping for more importantly is what kind of artwork will be included. I really reaaaalllyy enjoy booklets and artworks, and I want to see for example an extended, enhanced edition of Meteora booklet with lyrics, song context and songwriting perspective, notes about the songs, meaning etc.

What do you think?

I highly doubt it will be just merch, don’t worry. As far as why there aren’t as many demos for Meteora, that’s a question for someone else! Lol. I think because like Brad said on the Making Of Meteora, they went right into the studio right after finishing Reanimation and also because like Phoenix said on the Making Of too, they junked the demos they wrote early on for Meteora. They definitely worked hard on Meteora, look at Somewhere I Belong, they re-wrote the chorus like 30 times I think. I think they just focused hard on the group of songs that made the album and perfected them. I think it’s been said 15 songs were recorded for the album, so I think we would have two fully done songs that didn’t make the cut, maybe three if you don’t count Foreword. That’s fine with me, those 2 or 3 and then demos of album songs, those will be epic! And of course they probably have some other instrumental demos and stuff that never got that far. Minutes To Midnight was much different in terms of writing for the band over Hybrid Theory and Meteora so that’s why Minutes To Midnight had over 150 demos. But that’s for a whole different discussion once 2027 comes around.

Edited by Ikeg1

9 minutes ago, Ikeg1 said:

I highly doubt it will be just merch, don’t worry. As far as why there aren’t as many demos for Meteora, that’s a question for someone else! Lol. I think because like Brad said on the Making Of Meteora, they went right into the studio right after finishing Reanimation and also because like Phoenix said on the Making Of too, they junked the demos they wrote early on for Meteora. They definitely worked hard on Meteora, look at Somewhere I Belong, they re-wrote the chorus like 30 times I think. I think they just focused hard on the group of songs that made the album and perfected them. I think it’s been said 15 songs were recorded for the album, so I think we would have two fully done songs that didn’t make the cut, maybe three if you don’t count Foreword. That’s fine with me, those 2 or 3 and then demos of album songs, those will be epic! And of course they probably have some other instrumental demos and stuff that never got that far. Minutes To Midnight was much different in terms of writing for the band over Hybrid Theory and Meteora so that’s why Minutes To Midnight had over 150 demos. But that’s for a whole different discussion once 2027 comes around.

I also think met20 goes much further than just merch.
and if we have those 2 or 3 songs that didn't make the cut, it will be very interesting.
Also talking about making of, it would be nice to have more scenes from that making of, don't you think?

4 hours ago, Ikeg1 said:

4 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

and if we have those 2 or 3 songs that didn't make the cut, it will be very interesting.
Also talking about making of, it would be nice to have more scenes from that making of, don't you think?

Yes let's hope we will hear some demos and even unreleased songs never heard before. Until now these 2-3 songs never reached the surface anywhere online?
You think that for MTM and ATS albums there are so many demos and unreleased songs? I mean other than the ones in the LPUs.

I would also like to see more Making Of Meteora footage!!

Edited by chester20080

35 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

I wonder if they have material for the MFR 2005

A ProShot or at least SBD Audio from that show would be so good.

We have a really nice 2 cam mix of the show, so while video would be cool, I’d prefer something unreleased completely. If I had to pick a show with collision course songs I’d pick the Roxy 04.  SBD audio would be nice for MFR05 however. 

On 12/14/2022 at 2:38 AM, Ikeg1 said:

Yes but I bet a lot of people will use Christmas money to buy it once it's announced in January. Hope we get a ''single'' from the release like we did with She Couldn't for Hybrid Theory 20. It will help promote it and the community will be back together. I think it's a good time frame since Meteora's anniversary is in March.

I hope if they do a “single” that it’s the “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” song. It’s one of the extra songs that didn’t make the cut and after this long, that song is a must. It’d be perfect to start off Meteora20 with a bang. Heck, that song could actually be “Shifter” or “Nocturnal”. Like how we never knew for so long “Be Yourself” was actually Pictureboard

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 hours ago, chester20080 said:

Yes let's hope we will hear some demos and even unreleased songs never heard before. Until now these 2-3 songs never reached the surface anywhere online?
You think that for MTM and ATS albums there are so many demos and unreleased songs? I mean other than the ones in the LPUs.

maybe so, but i'm pretty sure they haven't released everything now.
It's worth remembering that we have the 30th of the albums, I think we'll still see 30th celebrations for HT and MT so I don't think we'll see everything now.
just as we know there's still a lot of demos from the xero era and old stuff before the 2000s LP that we're likely to see in a future issue of HT20.

but knowing that the MT20 is becoming real, we hope it will be as special as the HT20.

remember that an update of HD videos on YT will be very welcome.
I hope they do too.

come January to know more things...

2 minutes ago, martinez said:

They will release a song from it if they are planning an announcemend in January just like with She coudn't. And I guess it will be the same case like with She coudn't, it's not gonna be a single, so there's no need to call it like that.

which song could come?

on HT they released She Coudn't and some time later In The End (Demo)

A demo version of Numb would be interesting or a demo that we've never heard that would be crazy.

17 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

which song could come?

A demo version of Numb would be interesting or a demo that we've never heard that would be crazy.

I think they gonna release a brand new song (demo) to hype the release. They definitely won't go for a LPU song at first or Numb (Demo) or any demo of the song that we know. It has to be a unique new song.

Edited by martinez

15 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

Yes, that would be great, I love the DVD. Making Of Minutes To Midnight was my favorite one but Making Of Meteora is second behind it. So many iconic scenes from it, I can remember the entire thing in my mind. just like Frat Party.

11 hours ago, chester20080 said:

Nope, never been released anywhere or leaked or even the titles of the songs, we don't know. As for Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns, there are many, they probably have the most demos written out of all the albums I would assume. And then One More Light probably after those. Those are the albums they spent the longest on and Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns were totally experimental for the band, they were making tons and tons of stuff in all genres. For Minutes To Midnight, on the DVD Making Of, Joe said they had dance songs, heavy metal songs, stuff that sounded 80's and more. Mike also said once that if they had not written Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns would have never been possible, so they definitely were writing all kinds of stuff. Much more than what we have received with the LPU so far. Take the 17th Minutes To Midnight song for example, Mike said on Twitch that it's probably a song we never even have heard. They whittled down 150 demos to 30 fully done songs basically and then whittled it down to 17 and then 12 (or 13), for the album. I imagine A Thousand Suns probably has a few more fully done songs and then a lot of instrumental demos and scat vocal demos and stuff. One More Light probably has at least 10 fully done songs or around that, just based off the way they wrote that album, I would say. The Hunting Party and LIVING THINGS probably have a little more than Meteora but probably not a ton, I could be wrong though, obviously.

7 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

which song could come?

I think as well they will have a pre-release single type of thing in January. A demo of Numb would be great. Who knows what they will pick. It's harder to guess for Meteora than it was for Hybrid Theory, IMO, although I never would have guessed She Couldn't would have been the lead single from the release! Great song just not one I would expect.

There are actually titles we've heard on interviews and seen on the Making of Meteora DVD (although some might be just working titles for songs on the album). Even lyrics they have used on the art for that album that don't belong to any released song. They did write while on tour and had plenty of demos when they started putting together the album. 80 was the number Phoenix said. They cut that number in half and moved on from there. Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs. Back then that was the last thing they did before vocals. Mike said they would be recording vocals for 15 songs. Meteora has 11 with vocals. That's at least 4 unreleased songs with vocals that can be released next year and maybe 3 fully fleshed-out instrumentals. How many LPU demos from the Meteora era had live drums? Serious question.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

There are actually titles we've heard on interviews and seen on the Making of Meteora DVD (although some might be just working titles for songs on the album). Even lyrics they have used on the art for that album that don't belong to any released song. They did write while on tour and had plenty of demos when they started putting together the album. 80 was the number Phoenix said. They cut that number in half and moved on from there. Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs. Back then that was the last thing they did before vocals. Mike said they would be recording vocals for 15 songs. Meteora has 11 with vocals. That's at least 4 unreleased songs with vocals that can be released next year and maybe 3 fully fleshed-out instrumentals. How many LPU demos from the Meteora era had live drums? Serious question.

Well according to this analysis of the board seen in Making of Meteora by members Astat and NJPLP, excluding foreword and numb, we are left with 11 album songs at most, which have to be on that board. Considering that there are 15 on there, we are talking about 4 unreleased or demos tracks never heard of!

Edited by chester20080

we have a good chance of hearing things never seen before for meteora, and that's really exciting.

as i said before, the 20th anniversaries of the albums have been a great opportunity for us fans.
HT20, next year everything points to MT20, and yes, let's think about MTM20, ATS20, etc...
they have valuable vaults for every album: demos, instrumentals, never released concerts and much more.
I hope this anniversary box format holds for all LP albums. Each album has a different emotion.

6 hours ago, chester20080 said:

Well according to this analysis of the board seen in Making of Meteora by members Astat and NJPLP, excluding foreword and numb, we are left with 11 album songs at most, which have to be on that board. Considering that there are 15 on there, we are talking about 4 unreleased or demos tracks never heard of!

yes! and i know i mention it too much but, don’t forget that it’s known one of these songs was shown in a five second clip in the making of meteora with the lyrics “thoughts that take away my pride, trapped in places deep inside”. the instrumental of it is in the background two LPTV videos, “Summer Sanitarium” and “Mike’s Shirt”. It is by far one of the most striking meteora demos, as it is the latest cut song off the album we’ve heard a little bit of. If we actually got that song after so long i know so many fans would be happy, as it is such a holy grail. the other three songs would be completely unheard songs which would also be incredibly interesting to hear, and to have unreleased tracks with the iconic sound of meteora would be really cool.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Honestly one of the best parts of the LP community is when the band teases something legit (this isn't just a merch release, judging by their history of how they tease things... they never tease ONLY merch) and seeing all of the guessing going on for what it could be.

There are a lot of opportunities for great shows. 2003-2004 had some of the band's best shows in their career. You could argue 2005-2006 were still in the Meteora era, since the 2006 shows didn't have any MTM songs in them.

And of course - demos and unreleased songs. It's been obvious for 20 years at least one or two more songs had vocals on them that were cut from Meteora. Not to mention, what about all of the potential demos LP edited vocals off of for LPU releases? Cumulus, Homecoming (MTM), and others are just a few examples. We have a LOT of great Meteora instrumentals from the LPU, but even if they re-release a few of those with vocals like A-Six or something, that could be cool. We'll probably get the "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" song since that's the biggest "holy grail" item in the community left for the band, with Friendly Fire (OML) probably falling right after that.

There are probably a lot of tracks/titles we just don't even know about from Meteora as opposed to Hybrid Theory since the HT demos existed online for ages but just weren't officially released. There's really not too much from Meteora like that online as no demos ever leaked. Demos of most of the album with vocals could be pretty cool.

4 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Honestly one of the best parts of the LP community is when the band teases something legit (this isn't just a merch release, judging by their history of how they tease things... they never tease ONLY merch) and seeing all of the guessing going on for what it could be.

There are a lot of opportunities for great shows. 2003-2004 had some of the band's best shows in their career. You could argue 2005-2006 were still in the Meteora era, since the 2006 shows didn't have any MTM songs in them.

And of course - demos and unreleased songs. It's been obvious for 20 years at least one or two more songs had vocals on them that were cut from Meteora. Not to mention, what about all of the potential demos LP edited vocals off of for LPU releases? Cumulus, Homecoming (MTM), and others are just a few examples. We have a LOT of great Meteora instrumentals from the LPU, but even if they re-release a few of those with vocals like A-Six or something, that could be cool. We'll probably get the "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" song since that's the biggest "holy grail" item in the community left for the band, with Friendly Fire (OML) probably falling right after that.

There are probably a lot of tracks/titles we just don't even know about from Meteora as opposed to Hybrid Theory since the HT demos existed online for ages but just weren't officially released. There's really not too much from Meteora like that online as no demos ever leaked. Demos of most of the album with vocals could be pretty cool.

imagine if they released the full concert for sommer sonic 2006 that would be perfect but i think it unlikely maybe in MTM20.

the possibilities are so many, that we imagine a lot of them.
the meteora deserves something as special as the HT20.
I'm ready for an MT20 box

On 12/22/2022 at 9:32 AM, LPLStaff said:

Even more so since, based on recent history, Mike would have already come out to shut down speculation if it wasn't something big. He's done that a few times now, most recently on Twitch when he said "anytime the band says anything or does anything, everyone tries to start up the hype train, and we're, like, 'No, no, no, no. Don't start up the hype train.' You're gonna disappoint yourself. Don't do that."

The fact that nobody from LP's camp has come out and clarified that this isn't something huge to get hyped up about is encouraging.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Even more so since, based on recent history, Mike would have already come out to shut down speculation if it wasn't something big. He's done that a few times now, most recently on Twitch when he said "anytime the band says anything or does anything, everyone tries to start up the hype train, and we're, like, 'No, no, no, no. Don't start up the hype train.' You're gonna disappoint yourself. Don't do that."

The fact that nobody from LP's camp has come out and clarified that this isn't something huge to get hyped up about is encouraging.

Do we know if Mike is reading lplive or if he is aware of the fans anticipation for a Meteora20 anniversary?

Edited by chester20080

43 minutes ago, chester20080 said:

Do we know if Mike is reading lplive or if he is aware of the fans anticipation for a Meteora20 anniversary?

No we don’t know that for sure, and he’s probably not reading lplive. But Mike isn’t blind, he knows fans and the LPU community would want to see LP do something big and cool for the 20th Anniversary of Meteora, like they did with HT.

Edited by IWillWalkAway