Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

I saw the LPL tweet about the demos on the Meteora board and my hype increased again!
But, now that we know the demo's name, I think its time to know what means the "horizontal line" on the top of the board. Probably it means the "stage" of each song. (guitar recording, vocals, etc.)
Interesting that "Nocturnal" section didn't have none of those notes (X or -), but it is a potential B-Side. Maybe is a instrumental one, or the Rob song... or they worked on it after that filmage.
Another thing: above "Pretty Birdie" there's a blank section. But this section has a note (X) as every other song in the first columm. In the first time the board is showed (behind Brad recording guitar for "Lying from You"), that section doesn't have any note. My theory is that section is from "A.06", and then they scrapped it in favor of shorten it.

Unfortunately Joe's hands didn't allow to see in the board the last songs progress, but I tried (in a very unprofessional way, I know) to reproduce the board with those notes. The (:) indicates a blank space (all of the songs have it - maybe is the final process).

Cumulus           X  X  X  -  :  :  \  :
Interrogation    X  X  X  X  :  :  \  :
Cuidado           X  X  X  -  \  \  \  :
BLANK SPACE X  :  :  :  :  :  :  :
Pretty Birdie    X  X  X  X  :  :  \  :
Shifter             X  X  X  X  :  :  :  :
Serpent           X  X  X  -  :  :  :  :
Nocturnal         :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :
Session            :  :  :  -  X  :  :  :  :
Resolution        X  X  -  :  :  :  \  :
Faint                 X  X  X
Sick                  X  X              \
Plaster II           X  X
Husky               X  X
Drawing            X  X  -           \
Figure.09          X  X  X

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kiq fLP said:

I saw the LPL tweet about the demos on the Meteora board and my hype increased again!
But, now that we know the demo's name, I think its time to know what means the "horizontal line" on the top of the board. Probably it means the "stage" of each song. (guitar recording, vocals, etc.)
Interesting that "Nocturnal" section didn't have none of those notes (X or -), but it is a potential B-Side. Maybe is a instrumental one, or the Rob song... or they worked on it after that filmage.
Another thing: above "Pretty Birdie" there's a blank section. But this section has a note (X) as every other song in the first columm. In the first time the board is showed (behind Brad recording guitar for "Lying from You"), that section doesn't have any note. My theory is that section is from "A.06", and then they scrapped it in favor of shorten it.

Unfortunately Joe's hands didn't allow to see in the board the last songs progress, but I tried (in a very unprofessional way, I know) to reproduce the board with those notes. The (:) indicates a blank space (all of the songs have it - maybe is the final process).

Husky               X  X

interesting. that’s 15 titles. So it really seems there are 3 completely unreleased songs.

My guess is that Cumulus may actually be one of the songs and had been finished with vocals and everything at NRG, and we’ve never heard the final version.

“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” is Shifter, Serpent, Resolution, Interrogation, Husky, or Nocturnal

Plaster II might be an interesting working title, maybe for a song we’ve never heard (one of the 3)

15 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think “Rob’s Drum Track” was actually a  full song. Mike mentioned it going into a heavier part after the clip shown. I don’t think the actual song was anything like the fanmade versions we’ve heard.

Yeah pretty sure it's not just a loop thing they played around in the studio with. But I still stick to it - full song, opener idea - went nowhere, they did Forward.

Yet just a theory by myself.

3 hours ago, martinez said:

If they planning to add option to download the whole audio, like they did with HT20, it would be nice to have the option to download all the videos from the DVDs, but that's a something that they won't do.

I would be happy with just a download of the audio so we don't have to rip it from the DVD ourselves. lol

3 hours ago, SFNL14 said:

Other than the unreleased, I hope they release the guest performances on Meteora tour, like Xzibit. Would love those in good quality.

This! I would love to see Projekt Revolution 2003 and 2004 shows with Xzibit, Christian Lindskog, Chad Gray, Bert McCracken and Jonathan Davis. Maybe Snoop Dogg too if they have any shows where he came out on It's Goin' Down.

58 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Yeah pretty sure it's not just a loop thing they played around in the studio with. But I still stick to it - full song, opener idea - went nowhere, they did Forward.

Yet just a theory by myself.

I think A.06 might have been considered for the album opener at one point.

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

interesting. that’s 15 titles. So it really seems there are 3 completely unreleased songs.

My guess is that Cumulus may actually be one of the songs and had been finished with vocals and everything at NRG, and we’ve never heard the final version.

“Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” is Shifter, Serpent, Resolution, Interrogation, Husky, or Nocturnal

Plaster II might be an interesting working title, maybe for a song we’ve never heard (one of the 3)

Funny enough, Shifter was rumored to be Somewhere I Belong until Pretty Birdy (a completely new working title for us) came out in 2013 and disproved that. Nocturnal was rumored to be Numb.

52 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Funny enough, Shifter was rumored to be Somewhere I Belong until Pretty Birdy (a completely new working title for us) came out in 2013 and disproved that. Nocturnal was rumored to be Numb.

Nocturnal still might actually be Numb. On the board at the time of Brad recording it’s completely empty and didn’t they say that was like the last one they did for Meteora?

I’ve always had a funny feeling that Shifter is “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” but I’m likely wrong. I’m starting to think now it might be Resolution or Serpent.

Also under the Unreleased Songs section of LinkinPedia, “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” doesn’t have “Mike’s Shirt” LPUTV as a source, even though it’s confirmed that it is playing in that video. (It’s the instrumental of a verse part, likely the first, and can be heard a little bit in the summer sanitarium video too.) It was a pretty recent find I think I definitely don’t think I was the first to discover it though.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

My theory is:

We actually know 7 demo names from songs in Meteora:

Don't Stay - Sick

Somewhere I Belong - Pretty Birdie

Lying from You - Cuidado

Faint - Faint

Figure.09 - Figure.09

Breaking the Habit - Drawing

Session - Session

5 songs remained (Hit the Floor, Easier to Run, From the Inside, Nobody's Listening and Numb).

For me, Nocturnal and Shifter are two unreleased b-sides (the rumour of Mike saying about those two in Meteora times and the Spin article mentioning both is what made my point).

According with the note from Mike in LPU 13, about Cumulus, they "tried to work on it, but it sounded too poppy". It seems a similar case to A.06: They tried to give vocals to it (maybe even has a version with vocals), but didn't worked.

So, if we exclude the 7 names we already know their respective final songs; and removing Nocturnal, Shifter and Cumulus, we have 5 demo's name left.

IMO, that 5 names (Interrogation, Resolution, Serpent, Husky and Plaster II) are the demos from the other 5 final songs from Meteora.

And, about Numb being recorded in the end of the process: according with the Meteora booklet, the song was conceived one week before they start to work on studio. So, I believe that Numb is also on that board.

To finish, again, IMO, the only "newer" songs from Meteora, with vocals and all, are Nocturnal and Shifter and, probably, one of those is "Take Away My Pride".

45 minutes ago, kiq fLP said:

My theory is:

We actually know 7 demo names from songs in Meteora:

Don't Stay - Sick

Somewhere I Belong - Pretty Birdie

Lying from You - Cuidado

Faint - Faint

Figure.09 - Figure.09

Breaking the Habit - Drawing

Session - Session

5 songs remained (Hit the Floor, Easier to Run, From the Inside, Nobody's Listening and Numb).

For me, Nocturnal and Shifter are two unreleased b-sides (the rumour of Mike saying about those two in Meteora times and the Spin article mentioning both is what made my point).

According with the note from Mike in LPU 13, about Cumulus, they "tried to work on it, but it sounded too poppy". It seems a similar case to A.06: They tried to give vocals to it (maybe even has a version with vocals), but didn't worked.

So, if we exclude the 7 names we already know their respective final songs; and removing Nocturnal, Shifter and Cumulus, we have 5 demo's name left.

IMO, that 5 names (Interrogation, Resolution, Serpent, Husky and Plaster II) are the demos from the other 5 final songs from Meteora.

And, about Numb being recorded in the end of the process: according with the Meteora booklet, the song was conceived one week before they start to work on studio. So, I believe that Numb is also on that board.

To finish, again, IMO, the only "newer" songs from Meteora, with vocals and all, are Nocturnal and Shifter and, probably, one of those is "Take Away My Pride".

We also can't forget about the Rob drum demo, which is probably either Nocturnal or Shifter, The Wizard Song, A.06/A-Six/A6 (With Vocals), Figure.09 (Alternate Rap Verses Demo), or Figure.09 (Singing Verses Demo). There may be more that I can't remember at the moment, but those are more unreleased demos to consider.

35 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

We also can't forget about the Rob drum demo, which is probably either Nocturnal or Shifter, The Wizard Song, A.06/A-Six/A6 (With Vocals), Figure.09 (Alternate Rap Verses Demo), or Figure.09 (Singing Verses Demo). There may be more that I can't remember at the moment, but those are more unreleased demos to consider.

The rob drum track is probably not Nocturnal or Shifter if those songs are true B-Sides. Mike mentioned in a stream where he talked about it that the guys in the band didn’t really wanna work with the song. This leads me to believe it probably never got vocals either and was one of three songs that Rob recorded (18 songs) but never got vocals (15 did). Nocturnal and Shifter are almost definitely tracks that have vocals. I also believe that they’re not album tracks since i’d think they probably would have their official titles by February 2003, though maybe not.

My guess for the CD of #Meteora20

01. Foreword (Take 18 of 80)
02. Sick (Don't Stay Demo)
03. Pretty Birdie (Somewhere I Belong Demo)
04. Cuidado (Lying from You Demo)
05. Plaster II (Hit the Floor Demo)
06. Husky (Easier to Run Demo)
07. Faint (Original Demo)
08. Figure.09 (Original Demo)
09. Drawing (Breaking the Habit Demo)
10. Serpent (From the Inside Demo)
11. Interrogation (Nobody's Listening Demo)
12. Session (Original Demo)
13. Resolution (Numb Demo)
14. Nocturnal (Bonus Track) - AKA Take Away My Pride
15. Shifter (Bonus Track) - Rock and Roll Chester Section in Full
16. Cumulus (Vocal Take)
17. A.06 (Vocal Take)

18. Rob's Song (Instrumental)

19. Nondisclosure Agreement (Cookie)

20. The Wizard Song (Cookie)

5 hours ago, kiq fLP said:

My guess for the CD of #Meteora20

01. Foreword (Take 18 of 80)
02. Sick (Don't Stay Demo)
03. Pretty Birdie (Somewhere I Belong Demo)
04. Cuidado (Lying from You Demo)
05. Plaster II (Hit the Floor Demo)
06. Husky (Easier to Run Demo)
07. Faint (Original Demo)
08. Figure.09 (Original Demo)
09. Drawing (Breaking the Habit Demo)
10. Serpent (From the Inside Demo)
11. Interrogation (Nobody's Listening Demo)
12. Session (Original Demo)
13. Resolution (Numb Demo)
14. Nocturnal (Bonus Track) - AKA Take Away My Pride
15. Shifter (Bonus Track) - Rock and Roll Chester Section in Full
16. Cumulus (Vocal Take)
17. A.06 (Vocal Take)

18. Rob's Song (Instrumental)

19. Nondisclosure Agreement (Cookie)

20. The Wizard Song (Cookie)

Keep in mind, Nondisclosure agreement wasn’t a real song though only a little clip of Chester playing guitar while some of “Take Away My Pride” was being recorded. Kinda same with The Wizard Song. The clips we’ve seen already of those two are the entirety of what was jokingly recorded.

My guess is The Wizard Song was an early demo they were scrapping so they just fooled around with it. Hearing the original instrumental demo would be interesting though IMO. But also it’s possible the instrumental was created just to fool around with, maybe. If it somehow still exists with the joke vocals i’m all for hearing it though.

Also, if Shifter and Nocturnal are their own songs, I hope they’re actually part of the album re-release. Something small but would be cool. Whichever ones got vocals at NRG and were done, I hope would get added as bonus tracks on Meteora’s rerelease. Demos would be a different CD of course.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

I’m still fairly certain Shifter or Nocturnal, (probably Shifter) is “Take Away My Pride” as we know it. We’ll have to wait and see if that song finally comes out this year but that magazine from March 2003 definitely ramped up that belief. You’d think songs were probably finished with their finalized titles by then and Shifter and Nocturnal would hold the same situation as Faint and Figure.09.

EDIT relating more to these unreleased tracks,

There was a guy named David Zasloff who played a shakuhachi flute on “Nobody’s Listening” which is a cool fact.

I noticed for a while that “Take Away My Pride” during the chorus or maybe just intro/end sections there’s a very interesting lead sample used on that instrumental. It sounds like there’s a guitar and a flute that we hear as that sound. I wonder if it’s a possibility that maybe he also recorded flute on that song, despite it being unreleased. I know it’s probably an early assumption since we haven’t even heard the full song/instrumental without any background noise so it’s hard to tell what that lead sound we hear could even be. Though, it could just be another sample sound like the intro/end lead on “Numb”.

Just something I was thinking about when rewatching that summer sanitarium lptv video.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

On 12/31/2022 at 11:10 AM, kiq fLP said:

Husky               X  X

This is what is on the song board (from looking at the board in the Making of Meteora multiple times, from different videos of it on YouTube):

Cumulus           X  X  X  -  :  :  /  :
Interrogation    X  X  X  X :  :  /  :
Cuidado           X  X  X  -  /  /  /  :
BLANK SPACE X  :    :   :  :  :   :  :
Pretty Birdie    X  X  X  X  :  :  /  :
Shifter             X  X  X  X  :  :   :  :
Serpent           X  X  X  -  :  :   :  :
Nocturnal         :   :   :   :  :  :   :  : 
Session            :   :   -  X :  :   :  :
Resolution       X  X  -  :  :  :   /  :
Faint                X  X  X  :  :  :   :  :
Sick                 X  X  X  :  /  :   /  :         
Plaster II          X  X  /  :  :  :    :  :
Husky              X  X  X -  :    :
Drawing           X  X  - -  /  :    /  :
Figure.09         X  X  X :  :    :   :

Also, above the X's, slashes, dashes, and colons, in the top column, here's what it's supposed to say up there (also from looking at the board in the Making of Meteora multiple times, from different videos of it on YouTube):

1st column: Drums

2nd column: Bass

3rd column: possibly Dirty/Distorted Gtr (Guitar), based off the 4th column being "Clean Gtr (Guitar)"

4th column: Clean Gtr (Guitar)

5th column: Chester Vox (Vocals)

6th column: Mike Vox (Vocals)

7th column: ??? (I can't completely tell what it is. It starts with a J. I was thinking the first word is "Joe", though I'm unsure what it fully says.)

8th column: ??? (I was thinking it says "Soundcheck", though I'm currently unsure if that's actually what it says at the moment.)

All the songs, except Nocturnal and Session, have drums and bass completely done (the BLANK SPACE has no bass done though).

Cumulus, Interrogation, Cuidado, Pretty Birdie, Shifter, Serpent, Faint, Sick, Husky, and Figure.09 have the dirty guitar done for them. Plaster II has it's dirty guitar partially done. 

Interrogation, Pretty Birdie, Shifter, and Session have the clean guitar done for them.

Chester has his vocals partially done for Cuidado, Sick, and Drawing.

Mike has his vocals partially done only for Cuidado.

Cumulus, Interrogation, Cuidado, Pretty Birdie, Resolution, Sick, and Drawing have the stuff done for whatever the 7th column is.

None of the songs have the stuff done for whatever the 8th column is.

As for the ones that have dashes in the dirty guitar (Session, Resolution, Drawing) and clean guitar (Cumulus, Cuidado, Serpent, Husky, Drawing) sections, I don't know about those ones. I don't know what the dash is supposed to mean.

Also, now that I think about it, maybe the "BLANK SPACE" is supposed to be the Rob drum demo. Just a thought, though I kinda doubt myself on it. The song probably has an actual title, similar to "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" (or whatever the song is actually called).

Edited by NJPLP

Oh you know that could mean Nocturnal is "Nobody's Listening". No drums recorded because there were no live drums it's a programmed drum sample right? It has to be because it's the only one without drums beside Session. If not, it's most likely either Numb like fans predicted or one of the three unreleased songs.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

On 12/31/2022 at 8:37 PM, lpliveusername said:

I would be happy with just a download of the audio so we don't have to rip it from the DVD ourselves. lol

Also, it would be cool to have an option to download a hq cover of the every CD, DVD from the Meteora|20 package, so we can embed them to mp3s. Scans never look that great.

2 hours ago, martinez said:

Also, it would be cool to have an option to download a hq cover of the every CD, DVD from the Meteora|20 package, so we can embed them to mp3s. Scans never look that great.

I want a high quality photo of the complete graffiti wall panorama!

Just saw on LP's instagram a new years sale for merch and I was thinking imagine if that was really all they were teasing a month ago. In all seriousness it can't be though, because 1 they never only tease merch and 2, I noticed it was all Hybrid Theory and Reanimation themed merch, meaning they're probably waiting for these upcoming "exciting things" to put out the Meteora themed stuff.

I also want to pay my respects to Ken Block, who was a rally driver and friend of Mike's who sadly passed a few days ago. Rest in peace.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

5 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Just saw on LP's instagram a new years sale for merch and I was thinking imagine if that was really all they were teasing a month ago. In all seriousness it can't be though, because 1 they never only tease merch and 2, I noticed it was all Hybrid Theory and Reanimation themed merch, meaning they're probably waiting for these upcoming "exciting things" to put out the Meteora themed stuff.

I also want to pay my respects to Ken Block, who was a rally driver and friend of Mike's who sadly passed a few days ago. Rest in peace.

very sad tragedy. he passed away in a snowmobile accident. also he was co-founder of DC shoes the ones Mike always used

Again I'm saying IF this is a box set similar to how HT20 was back in 2020, which I know we all want this, I think we'll get a first announcement from probably somewhere between the two weeks of January 11th and the 25th, and maybe we'll even get to hear an unreleased song this month to start off the celebration. Box set or not, I know these "exciting things" will be good. Linkin Park has never disappointed. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was even just a reissue with a few unreleased songs, studio stories, and maybe touring stories. Anytime LP releases never-before heard and seen stuff It is very exciting indeed.

6 hours ago, Scourge said:

i hate that the summer sonic '06 show we got a few proshots of falls into that gray area between the meteora and MTM eras :' (

I don't know if Summer Sonic 06' would be released on this meteora 20th celebration, but, I really wanted to see this full show on PROSHOT, for me it's the show I've always wanted since the first time I heard the audio audience or the set list it's perfect and not to mention that seeing them playing Reading my eyes must be incredible, I hope that one day this show will be appreciated by the fans.

10 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Again I'm saying IF this is a box set similar to how HT20 was back in 2020, which I know we all want this, I think we'll get a first announcement from probably somewhere between the two weeks of January 11th and the 25th, and maybe we'll even get to hear an unreleased song this month to start off the celebration. Box set or not, I know these "exciting things" will be good. Linkin Park has never disappointed. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was even just a reissue with a few unreleased songs, studio stories, and maybe touring stories. Anytime LP releases never-before heard and seen stuff It is very exciting indeed.

Meteora was and is a very important album, I believe and a great release for him as it was for HT20.
The Band knows that fans paid for it as well as they were surprised by HT20, everyone who bought HT20 will pay for MT20 in the same format.
I hope they can announce it soon next week, we are all looking forward to it lol

6 hours ago, Scourge said:

i hate that the summer sonic '06 show we got a few proshots of falls into that gray area between the meteora and MTM eras :' (

1 hour ago, thigolpbr said:

I don't know if Summer Sonic 06' would be released on this meteora 20th celebration, but, I really wanted to see this full show on PROSHOT, for me it's the show I've always wanted since the first time I heard the audio audience or the set list it's perfect and not to mention that seeing them playing Reading my eyes must be incredible, I hope that one day this show will be appreciated by the fans.

Meteora was and is a very important album, I believe and a great release for him as it was for HT20.
The Band knows that fans paid for it as well as they were surprised by HT20, everyone who bought HT20 will pay for MT20 in the same format.
I hope they can announce it soon next week, we are all looking forward to it lol

8 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

For me it counts as Meteora era.

Wouldn't the show be from the Minutes To Midnight era? They performed Qwerty at that show, which was recorded during the Minutes To Midnight sessions in 2006.

Edited by NJPLP