Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

if we stop to analyze QWERTY it is not part of the Album and neither has anything to do with the style of MTM.
The 2005 and 2006 TOUR does not belong to either Meteora or MTM.
but, if we are going to credit this show as it was from an album, I also bet on the METEORA era.

now for an official release thinking about meteora 20th, I think the band will bet on shows from 2003 and 2004 with mainly shows where they have: Easier to run, hit the floor and nobody listening! at least one Concert show that has these songs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

if we stop to analyze QWERTY it is not part of the Album and neither has anything to do with the style of MTM.
The 2005 and 2006 TOUR does not belong to either Meteora or MTM.
but, if we are going to credit this show as it was from an album, I also bet on the METEORA era.

now for an official release thinking about meteora 20th, I think the band will bet on shows from 2003 and 2004 with mainly shows where they have: Easier to run, hit the floor and nobody listening! at least one Concert show that has these songs.

I’m looking forward to hopefully getting a pro-shot of Hit The Floor finally. That’s what we’ve been needing for so long.

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I’m looking forward to hopefully getting a pro-shot of Hit The Floor finally. That’s what we’ve been needing for so long.

I am too, I can't wait for them to announce it soon lol

hopefully next week they'll say something :)

2 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Eras according to me

HYBRID THEORY 1999-2002

METEORA - 2003-2006

MTM - 2007-2009

ATS - 2010-2011

LT 2012-2013

THP 2014 - 2016

OML 2017-2017

if the band deems it that way then there is a possibility to release sommer sonic 06' on meteora 20th that would be amazing.

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Wouldn't the show be from the Minutes To Midnight era? They performed Qwerty at that show, which was recorded during the Minutes To Midnight sessions in 2006.

They played it before recording it, they wrote the lyrics on the flight to Japan, where they would perform it.

QWERTY isn't really any era at all. Though it sounds as raw as MTM, my guess is that's only from the studio mix and Rick Rubins influence after them returning from Japan.

Here’s the main “top grails” list for Meteora I think would be the coolest to see a special release of (no particular order)

1. Remaining songs w/ vocals from Meteora sessions (including “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” song)

2. Rob’s Drum Track demo

3. Original Demos of the remaining album tracks (Sick, Cuidado, etc)

4. full LPU tour 2003 or PR 2003 show w/ Pro-shots of Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, and Nobody’s Listening

5. More unreleased demos from 2002

6. More footage behind the scenes of Meteora/touring diaries

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Wouldn't the show be from the Minutes To Midnight era? They performed Qwerty at that show, which was recorded during the Minutes To Midnight sessions in 2006.

They played it before recording it, they wrote the lyrics on the flight to Japan, where they would perform it.

QWERTY isn't really any era at all. Though it sounds as raw as MTM, my guess is that's only from the studio mix and Rick Rubins influence after them returning from Japan.

4 hours ago, LPsMart said:

1 hour ago, LPsMart said:

You replied back to me with same thing twice, lol.

You can make the argument either way. Metallica did tours called "Escape From The Studio" when they were writing new albums. Those are certainly not a part of any touring cycle, they are just shows between albums.

For LP's sake, they never really ever did that outside of 2005-2006. The band themselves identify the end of the Meteora tour being in Brazil 2004. But, Summer Sonic obviously isn't MTM and you can't release that on an MTM DVD because it has zero MTM songs on it. It was also an "escape from the studio" style run. MFR 2005 was a benefit for the tsunami, and they had no plans to play Live 8 until Bono called Mike at his house. Those are one-offs for sure, in the Fort Minor era. 

If push came to shove, looking at it 17 years later, the 05-06 shows most definitely fit with the Meteora album and not the MTM album. They weren't really on the touring cycle for the Meteora album per say, but they were before the band finished their third album MTM and would fit for a Meteora release. For example, if you put a 2003 show, a 2004 show, a 2005 show and a 2006 show (just examples) on the box set, that would actually fit quite nicely. Summer Sonic is all Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs with the exception of Reading My Eyes (Xero) and QWERTY (written a few days before Japan and on the way to Japan).

When else could you release a 2006 show? That Tokyo 2006 show is one of the best shows the band ever played that we have footage of. You know like how everyone says "Rock am Ring 2004 is the best LP show ever", well they definitely played better shows at times but that's one of the very best that was recorded. So - from what we know exists and what we have heard and seen... Tokyo 2006 is truly an iconic, GREAT show and it would be nice to see it on Meteora's box set. If you pass it up, don't put it on Meteora 20, and it comes time for MTM, it's not going to make the MTM box set and it may never be released. Right now is the time to do it. At least stream it online if it is not on the box set. Chester was in godly form that night and the setlist is really unique.

28 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

You can make the argument either way. Metallica did tours called "Escape From The Studio" when they were writing new albums. Those are certainly not a part of any touring cycle, they are just shows between albums.

For LP's sake, they never really ever did that outside of 2005-2006. The band themselves identify the end of the Meteora tour being in Brazil 2004. But, Summer Sonic obviously isn't MTM and you can't release that on an MTM DVD because it has zero MTM songs on it. It was also an "escape from the studio" style run. MFR 2005 was a benefit for the tsunami, and they had no plans to play Live 8 until Bono called Mike at his house. Those are one-offs for sure, in the Fort Minor era. 

If push came to shove, looking at it 17 years later, the 05-06 shows most definitely fit with the Meteora album and not the MTM album. They weren't really on the touring cycle for the Meteora album per say, but they were before the band finished their third album MTM and would fit for a Meteora release. For example, if you put a 2003 show, a 2004 show, a 2005 show and a 2006 show (just examples) on the box set, that would actually fit quite nicely. Summer Sonic is all Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs with the exception of Reading My Eyes (Xero) and QWERTY (written a few days before Japan and on the way to Japan).

When else could you release a 2006 show? That Tokyo 2006 show is one of the best shows the band ever played that we have footage of. You know like how everyone says "Rock am Ring 2004 is the best LP show ever", well they definitely played better shows at times but that's one of the very best that was recorded. So - from what we know exists and what we have heard and seen... Tokyo 2006 is truly an iconic, GREAT show and it would be nice to see it on Meteora's box set. If you pass it up, don't put it on Meteora 20, and it comes time for MTM, it's not going to make the MTM box set and it may never be released. Right now is the time to do it. At least stream it online if it is not on the box set. Chester was in godly form that night and the setlist is really unique.

PR02 and summer sonic 06' will always be holy grail shows for me.
I know that the meteora box set, if released in the HT20 format, the shows have already been chosen, I hope they could have considered summer sonic 06 so it would be a great success in terms of shows.

I come here on the forum 5 or 6 times a day to see if the band releases about meteora 20th lol.

It's another great opportunity for us to get unreleased full Meteor Age concerts and demos.

20 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Eras according to me

XERO 1997-1998

HYBRID THEORY (EP) 1999-2000

HYBRID THEORY (ALBUM) 2000-2002

METEORA  2003-2006

MTM  2007-2009

ATS  2010-2011

LT 2012-2013

THP 2014 - 2016

OML 2017-2017

to me yes 2005 and 2006 are not technically ''m2m'' era because m2m came out in 2007 and then they toured for it for 2007 and 2008. well someone has made a post on this era thing before somewhere on reddit.com and I think they said it good. i will try and look for it.

edit post: ultimateguitar.com brad delson says they started writing m2m in november 2005. plus brazil 2004 mike said it was final show of meteora tour. 2005 and 2006 seem to me to be more of non album year, just the band live, but not supporting album. 2009 is this too for me and maybe 2016. projekt revolution tour woodlands 2008 mike also says it is last show of m2m tour besides the china tour in october. 

but yes if we get japan 2006 tour as part of meteora i would not complain!! it's all good music either way 😃

10 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

very good discussion! japan 2006 is very good tour/show. if the band says they want to give us it for meteora 20th reunion, i would love the show. technically not really meteora but it does not matter. mostly it is a set list of music from a tour of meteora besides new song Qwerty anyways. 2005 concert the concert is too short for me. 2006 japan is much better to include. i cannot wait if they do this

Edited by ET82

4 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

I come here on the forum 5 or 6 times a day to see if the band releases about meteora 20th lol.

I think we all do haha, because LP could drop something (info or even an unreleased song) by surprise any day now. I'm looking forward to finally seeing that announcement for whatever is coming for Meteora, because let's face it, we all know SOMETHING is happening. LP has always been real close to us fans.

5 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think we all do haha, because LP could drop something (info or even an unreleased song) by surprise any day now. I'm looking forward to finally seeing that announcement for whatever is coming for Meteora, because let's face it, we all know SOMETHING is happening. LP has always been real close to us fans.

I hope they speak soon, this silence makes us even more anxious. lol

I would love a trailer to promote meteora 20th as well as HT20th.

1 hour ago, jopevc said:

I have a feeling that the band is going to announce something mid January, maybe next week or the one after. Hope I´m right, the anxiety is killing me

probably next week we'll get some word of something. LP usually does this staying quiet and giving off total suspense until finally revealing the thing. They even did it with HT20 back in August of 2020 too. Just remembering that, also got my hopes up for the possibility of something potentially really big we may have got incoming. We got the remaining gems from the HT era. Now I think it's come time to finally hear those "lost" gems from Meteora.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

On 1/6/2023 at 5:19 PM, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

Eras according to me

XERO 1997-1998

HYBRID THEORY (EP) 1999-2000

HYBRID THEORY (ALBUM) 2000-2002

METEORA  2003-2006

MTM  2007-2009

ATS  2010-2011

LT 2012-2013

THP 2014 - 2016

OML 2017-2017

THP more like 2014-2015, in 2016 they didn’t play any show or promote the record in any sense. The rest is all correct 😊

1 hour ago, martinez said:

In real life that doesn't work like that. First, you have to ask very nicely about the stuff you want for anniversary and then after that if you do not receive what you want, then you can write a post like this:

Unless the ET82 already saw the full content of it, he's disappointed and that's why he wrote the post above.

It's Geki.

Surprised no one has mentioned Nottingham 2003-03-03 with the other unreleased grails. Although one of the first Meteora era shows, the energy and talent LP wielded was off the charts that night. MTV has several clips, they possibly have the entire ProShot recorded. Would be incredible especially considering the recordings we do have (although great) are missing ETR and HTF. 

19 hours ago, felipeintheend said:

we can expect good things.

we hope so :)

3 hours ago, ChesterPortalTM said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Nottingham 2003-03-03 with the other unreleased grails. Although one of the first Meteora era shows, the energy and talent LP wielded was off the charts that night. MTV has several clips, they possibly have the entire ProShot recorded. Would be incredible especially considering the recordings we do have (although great) are missing ETR and HTF. 

the band has a lot of video material from the Meteora era.
(Assuming) they release 03 concerts for meteora 20th, they sure put out the 03 best performances of the band.
I don't know how the selection of shows works. but, they must choose about 5 or 6 shows, master  and then show them to the superiors (WB and the guys in the band) to choose the 3 that will be released (just guessing) I don't know how it works lol

I really hope we see a full show in proshot with ETR, HTF and NL. Hope we get lucky :)

I'm pretty sure we'll get something from that Underground 03 tour. The CD singles from that era proves that some of them were recorded.

About the PR04, sorry to be the bad guy, but if including some show from that era means a pro shot from the venue feed, like the Camden already released... I don't want that, I rather choose the RAR04

On 1/7/2023 at 3:24 AM, LPLStaff said:

Summer Sonic is all Hybrid Theory and Meteora songs with the exception of Reading My Eyes (Xero) and QWERTY (written a few days before Japan and on the way to Japan).

just the thought about a proshot of RME ... damn.

I'm still bummed about them scrapping the song for Milton Keynes 2008.

6 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

Would you like the full show at The Roxy with the band playing their set and then with Jay-z?
That would be interesting too ;)

6 hours ago, bloodbath said:

I'm pretty sure we'll get something from that Underground 03 tour. The CD singles from that era proves that some of them were recorded.

About the PR04, sorry to be the bad guy, but if including some show from that era means a pro shot from the venue feed, like the Camden already released... I don't want that, I rather choose the RAR04

About 2004 shows I would not like neither Camden nor RAR Ja Got It and even if it is not officially released by the band.
I hope something like the brazil show 04 or some other show that nobody saw can come.

6 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

I dream about this summer sonnic proshot full show since 2006.

Edited by thigolpbr