Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

Resolution could be an interesting track. Only clean guitar. Only song on Meteora with only clean guitar is BTH. That’s probably another one of the three we’ve never heard. Probably it, Cumulus, and “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” are the three we’ve never heard.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Resolution could be an interesting track. Only clean guitar. Only song on Meteora with only clean guitar is BTH. That’s probably another one of the three we’ve never heard. Probably it, Cumulus, and “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” are the three we’ve never heard.

I just hope that we have full finished version of A.06 with vocals. I really love that guitar sound on short version.

I’m pretty sure A.06’s recording at NRG was only the short version. Hearing a version of it with vocals would be cool though. Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs right? the three that never made it to vocals at NRG were probably the “Rob Drum Track” “A.06” and a third

About announcements, I’m expecting they’ll do the first announcements between somewhere between tomorrow and the 20th. Like they said, they’ll tell us more in January. We’ll see what they have to unveil first. I’m sure It’s gonna be very exciting. They might even reveal stuff on this Friday the 13th. Just because that’s a month after they sent out the email. I’m guessing probably the 13th to 20th we can expect a first announcement.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

45 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I’m pretty sure A.06’s recording at NRG was only the short version. Hearing a version of it with vocals would be cool though. Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs right? the three that never made it to vocals at NRG were probably the “Rob Drum Track” “A.06” and a third

About announcements, I’m expecting they’ll do the first announcements between somewhere between tomorrow and the 20th. Like they said, they’ll tell us more in January. We’ll see what they have to unveil first. I’m sure It’s gonna be very exciting. They might even reveal stuff on this Friday the 13th. Just because that’s a month after they sent out the email. I’m guessing probably the 13th to 20th we can expect a first announcement.

There's 15 song on the board (16 if you count the blank space). All of them have the drums completely done for them (except for Nocturnal). What are the other songs of the 18 he recorded drums on?

Edited by NJPLP

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

There's 15 song on the board (16 if you count the blank space). All of them have the drums completely done for them (except for Nocturnal). What are the other songs of the 18 he recorded drums on?

Well A.06 isn’t up on the board and I doubt it’s any of the other working titles, that wouldn’t really make sense since it has its own working title (A.06) so it’d be the 17th one we know. The blank space is the 16th track, and probably the rob’s drum track, I doubt it’s A.06 because it has no guitar recorded for it. It’s probably the Rob song because it’s the only one we know that they could’ve dropped right after drums. I’m not sure exactly the third but I thought Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs, and would make sense too, considering the existence of Robs Drum Track and A.06. He had to have done AT LEAST 16 (If Im right about Nobody’s Listening having no live drums)

he had to have done

1. Sick

2. Pretty Birdie

3. Cumulus

4. Shifter

5. Serpent

6. Plaster II

7. Faint

8. Husky

9. Interrogation

10. Figure.09

11. Session

12. Resolution

13. “Rob Drum Track”

14. Cuidado

15. A.06

16. Drawing

17. (Nocturnal Maybe)

so if that’s 16 or 17 and he really did do 18, then there’s one or two more he did that didn’t make it any further

Edited by IWillWalkAway

I find it a bit odd though that NOTHING has been said since that email on December 13th. It’s been extremely dry and silent. The suspense has never been realer with an LP thing. I really hope they can start teasing stuff in the coming days. It’s about time we saw something for their second biggest anniversary.

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I find it a bit odd though that NOTHING has been said since that email on December 13th. It’s been extremely dry and silent. The suspense has never been realer with an LP thing. I really hope they can start teasing stuff in the coming days. It’s about time we saw something for their second biggest anniversary.

Second biggest anniversary that's so damn true.

After Meteora tons of fans left the boat.

23 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Ok this is really exaggerating lol. It isn't odd at all. It's been less than 2 weeks, less than 12 days even, from the start of the year. They said January. We have over half the month to go LOL

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

Ok this is really exaggerating lol. It isn't odd at all. It's been less than 2 weeks, less than 12 days even, from the start of the year. They said January. We have over half the month to go LOL

i’m probably getting ahead of myself because i’m remembering how we got a ton of teasers in early August 2020 for HT20. It’s not gonna be exactly the same setup as HT20 for sure. Maybe we’re just getting less teasers or they’re waiting till mid-late January to reveal the stuff. I’m hoping stuff gets revealed soon just because it’s possible unheard LP stuff we’re talking about! It’s always too good!!

On 1/11/2023 at 5:15 PM, IWillWalkAway said:

I think it’s either Serpent or Husky. But it could be any of the titles we don’t know what song it belongs to. Except Plaster II, which I think is either Hit The Floor or From The Inside.

What makes you believe that Plaster II might be Hit the Floor or From the Inside?

11 hours ago, VLADdock said:

What if there's no meteora 20 release like HT?

There’s gonna be something. They wouldn’t have teased “exciting things” for 2023 AND a picture of Delta if they weren’t hinting something big coming for Meteora 20. We’ll probably get info sometime next week. They said January and were barely halfway into the month so they’ll tell us when they’re ready.

If you notice too, LP has been pretty quiet for months, not posting a whole lot. Similar to how it was the months before HT20’s first announcement, this is probably because they’re prepping…

13 minutes ago, jopevc said:

What makes you believe that Plaster II might be Hit the Floor or From the Inside?

I mostly think it’s Hit The Floor. It just seems like the title fits with the powerful aggression of the track like i’d imagine a “One Step Closer 2.0”

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Just now, IWillWalkAway said:

I mostly think it’s Hit The Floor. It just seems like the title fits with the powerful aggression of the track like i’d imagine a “One Step Closer 2.0”

I was thinking the same. Both have similar tempos (OSC-95bpm, HTF-75bpm), both are in 4/4 (like many other LP songs from meteora except From the Inside) and the intro/verse of the songs are similar guitar wise: first part of the intro is quite calm, the second part of the intro is the same guitar riff from the first part of the intro but heavier basically, and the verses are the same riffs from the first part of the intro. And the main guitar riffs from both songs are very bouncy

11 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

There’s gonna be something. They wouldn’t have teased “exciting things” for 2023 AND a picture of Delta if they weren’t hinting something big coming for Meteora 20. We’ll probably get info sometime next week. They said January and were barely halfway into the month so they’ll tell us when they’re ready.

It can be anything else relating to meteora, not only 20

IMG-20230115-083344-496.jpg

17 hours ago, jopevc said:

17 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

There's a song on Meteora with a riff that resembles the riff on One Step Closer and it's not From The Inside or Hit The Floor.

3 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

IMG-20230115-083344-496.jpg

There's a song on Meteora with a riff that resembles the riff on One Step Closer and it's not From The Inside or Hit The Floor.

yes, Figure.09 does sound a ton like it in the bridge. But how Figure.09 is already on the board so how could it be Plaster II, which is also on the board?

Also really cool that message from Mike. The hype goes up again!

Edited by IWillWalkAway

18 minutes ago, Coizu said:

In before it's about some crypto stuff no one cares about.

It seems to refer to Linkin Park instead of actually Mike stuff. He said it right after the Meteora thing and said Meteora is just one of the things. He is pretty in tune with what gets fans excited, etc so he's not going to just throw that out there without it being something legit, IMO.