Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

3 hours ago, chester20080 said:

Do we know if Mike is reading lplive or if he is aware of the fans anticipation for a Meteora20 anniversary?

Mike is very in tune with the LP fanbase always, and we know he considers how anything he or the band says will be received.

The band 100% knew what teasing "exciting things" and putting a Meteora tease would lead to immediate Meteora 20th anniversary box set speculation.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Justin said:

Mike is very in tune with the LP fanbase always, and we know he considers how anything he or the band says will be received.

The band 100% knew what teasing "exciting things" and putting a Meteora tease would lead to immediate Meteora 20th anniversary box set speculation.

QFT. (Quoted For Truth). 😁

I think there's something big out there.
even though they didn't say anything.
mike is in his personal projects and others with their lives.
what must have happened is the record company or people at LPU said "Hey next year we have meteora's 20 years" I think we should do something special".

My thinking seems silly, but it could have come about that way, maybe the band wasn't as front-facing as the HT20 but the LPU team and Warner together with mike, and maybe they want to make this surprise and starting next month (January) start to talk more.
I believe something really cool is coming for met20th.

17 hours ago, Justin said:

I think there's something big out there.
even though they didn't say anything.
mike is in his personal projects and others with their lives.
what must have happened is the record company or people at LPU said "Hey next year we have meteora's 20 years" I think we should do something special".

My thinking seems silly, but it could have come about that way, maybe the band wasn't as front-facing as the HT20 but the LPU team and Warner together with mike, and maybe they want to make this surprise and starting next month (January) start to talk more.
I believe something really cool is coming for met20th.

18 hours ago, Justin said:

well the email was signed with the photo of Boris Tellegen aka Delta who appears on the Meteora album cover already says a lot

23 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

This release its going to be the start of amazing things 

Im pretty damn sure that next year they will announce their comeback 

Also theres a big gap for their next box set (2027 for MTM)

Don’t expect them to come back together as a band anytime soon and start making new music. That’s a very, very huge thing that would be great don’t get me wrong. I’m sure they want to release a bunch of unseen stuff still but don’t get your hopes up for them coming back together. just like Mike said, “don’t start up the hype train, your gonna disappoint yourself”.

I really don't think we'll ever see Linkin Park as an active band again. We're going to get these nostalgia boxes and that's it. Mike seems much more interested in pushing new artists and doing NFT stuff.

That said I'm very excited for the nostalgia boxes. lol

32 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

I really don't think we'll ever see Linkin Park as an active band again. We're going to get these nostalgia boxes and that's it. Mike seems much more interested in pushing new artists and doing NFT stuff.

That said I'm very excited for the nostalgia boxes. lol

even if it's nostalgic I like it.
in fact it would be really cool to see that for all of the band's albums and I'm glad it did.

On 12/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, thigolpbr said:

even if it's nostalgic I like it.
in fact it would be really cool to see that for all of the band's albums and I'm glad it did.

I think LP wants to get out all the stuff that fans have really wanted to hear too. All the “grails” that have been for a long time. Hopefully these “exciting things” include a lot of never-before heard or seen content/songs, as well as some official releases of heard demos and stuff, like done with HT20. and hopefully they do that for future 20th anniversary’s of other albums too.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

6 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think LP wants to get out all the stuff that fans have really wanted to hear too. All the “grails” that have been for a long time. Hopefully these “exciting things” include a lot of never-before heard or seen content, as well as some official releases of heard demos and stuff, like done with HT20. and hopefully they do that for future 20th anniversary’s of other albums too.

exactly!
we're all looking forward to announcing it next month.
this is amazing for us (fans) i'm crazy to hear demos, unreleased concerts and others.
we really hope LP does something big for Meteora 20th...😉

Like i’ve said before, the titles “Shifter” and “Nocturnal”, since they were mentioned by Mike in 2003, right near the album’s release, could actually have been two completely cut and unreleased tracks from Meteora. With this knowledge we also have this instrumental we hear in “Mike’s Shirt” LPUTV which having watched these two clips numerous times, I’ve confirmed that this is also the same track that we hear in the “Summer Sanitarium” LPTV which we know is the instrumental for the obscure “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” song, originally shown in “Making of Meteora” in a 5 second clip. It is currently (at least i think) the number 1 holy grail to fans, and was 100% not a demo of a song on the album. The instrumental is far too different than any album track we know. One of these two titles we know could perhaps belong to this song. And it was likely a finished song, if they used the instrumental for it 4 years later in 2007. This is some stuff I hope the band talks about more when MT20 comes around, because this song has NEVER been talked about that I know of. It’s the only song they’ve ever “teased” with clips but never actually talked about.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Like i’ve said before, the titles “Shifter” and “Nocturnal”, since they were mentioned by Mike in 2003, right near the album’s release, could actually have been two completely cut and unreleased tracks from Meteora. With this knowledge we also have this instrumental we hear in “Mike’s Shirt” LPUTV which having watched these two clips numerous times, I’ve confirmed that this is also the same track that we hear in the “Summer Sanitarium” LPTV which we know is the instrumental for the obscure “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” song, originally shown in “Making of Meteora” in a 5 second clip. It is currently (at least i think) the number 1 holy grail to fans, and was 100% not a demo of a song on the album. The instrumental is far too different than any album track we know. One of these two titles we know could perhaps belong to this song. And it was likely a finished song, if they used the instrumental for it 4 years later in 2007. This is some stuff I hope the band talks about more when MT20 comes around, because this song has NEVER been talked about that I know of. It’s the only song they’ve ever “teased” with clips but never actually talked about.

Keep in mind we don't know the working titles for over half of the album. Those titles, as well as the titles we've seen on the songboard, might be songs that made the album. They did say 15 songs were done (even the board had 15 titles) and only 12 were picked for the album, so there's definitely some unreleased songs with vocals we might be getting next year.

I am so curious how they could sound like. I bet that those 3 finished songs with vocals are A.06, Rob drum demo and Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, which I hope it will be the first single for Meteora 20 like She Couldn't was for Hybrid Theory 20.

5 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Keep in mind we don't know the working titles for over half of the album. Those titles, as well as the titles we've seen on the songboard, might be songs that made the album. They did say 15 songs were done (even the board had 15 titles) and only 12 were picked for the album, so there's definitely some unreleased songs with vocals we might be getting next year.

11 with vocals made it to the album (Session and Foreword are excluded) And 15 songs with vocals were done. So there’s probably 4 completely unreleased songs for Meteora that have a very good chance of being released in 2023. We know that one of them is “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride”. the other three might be completely never even heard of songs.

I have doubts that “Rob’s drum track” got vocals because I think Mike talked about it once in a stream and it got scrapped not long after drums. That being said, I’d still love to hear the instrumental and I think it’s very possible we’ll get it because a pretty big grail.

A.06 maybe but I don’t think that one was supposed to be a full song when LP finished it. I have a feeling it might’ve been the original intro track for the Album.

IF we get a box set like HT20, I have a good feeling “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” might be the first one for this release too, like how She Couldn’t kicked off HT20. It’d be amazing to know the actual title and to finally hear the song. Even if it’s not the first song we get, I’m still 99.9% sure we’ll get that song, it’s the leading grail of Meteora.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

12 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Rob Drum Demo could've been an idea for a potential opener like Wake was, really hoped for vocals tho.

I think “Rob’s Drum Track” was actually a  full song. Mike mentioned it going into a heavier part after the clip shown. I don’t think the actual song was anything like the fanmade versions we’ve heard.

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I have doubts that “Rob’s drum track” got vocals because I think Mike talked about it once in a stream and it got scrapped not long after drums. That being said, I’d still love to hear the instrumental and I think it’s very possible we’ll get it because a pretty big grail.

46 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think “Rob’s Drum Track” was actually a  full song. Mike mentioned it going into a heavier part after the clip shown. I don’t think the actual song was anything like the fanmade versions we’ve heard.

Right. Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs. Back in the Hybrid Theory / Meteora era that was always the last thing they did before vocals. So there's potentially 3 fully finished instrumental songs and maybe 4 or 3 with vocals. Not sure because in the studio update about vocals Mike said they were doing 15 songs, but in interviews after the album came out they said they finished 15 songs and 12 made the album. Seems like they count Session as well, which is just an instrumental.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

Right. Rob said he recorded drums for 18 songs. Back in the Hybrid Theory / Meteora era that was always the last thing they did before vocals. So there's potentially 3 fully finished instrumental songs and maybe 4 or 3 with vocals. Not sure because in the studio update about vocals Mike said they were doing 15 songs, but in interviews after the album came out they said they finished 15 songs and 12 made the album. Seems like they count Session as well, which is just an instrumental.

yeah and i meant it was a “full song” like full instrumental set up to have vocals recorded for it but didn't make it that far. i could be wrong but i was just saying it probably wasn’t an opener for the album or anything. just a regular track that might or might not have gotten vocals.

Also, according to "Making of Meteora", drums were the first thing they recorded at NRG? Then Brad, Phoenix, Joe, and then Mike and Chester to finish. (at 9:41 mark in the video) So it wouldn't be the last thing before vocals then?

Edited by IWillWalkAway

8 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Also, according to "Making of Meteora", drums were the first thing they recorded at NRG? Then Brad, Phoenix, Joe, and then Mike and Chester to finish. (at 9:41 mark in the video) So it wouldn't be the last thing before vocals then?

Oh. I haven't really watched that DVD in a long time. You're probably right.

Seriously if they would made available in at least digital edition a LIT full concert uncensored that would be awesome. And like release any new, unreleased concert on the DVD. Since the annoncement is coming in January, it means they already have prepared pretty much everything.

If they planning to add option to download the whole audio, like they did with HT20, it would be nice to have the option to download all the videos from the DVDs, but that's a something that they won't do.

I saw the LPL tweet about the demos on the Meteora board and my hype increased again!
But, now that we know the demo's name, I think its time to know what means the "horizontal line" on the top of the board. Probably it means the "stage" of each song. (guitar recording, vocals, etc.)
Interesting that "Nocturnal" section didn't have none of those notes (X or -), but it is a potential B-Side. Maybe is a instrumental one, or the Rob song... or they worked on it after that filmage.
Another thing: above "Pretty Birdie" there's a blank section. But this section has a note (X) as every other song in the first columm. In the first time the board is showed (behind Brad recording guitar for "Lying from You"), that section doesn't have any note. My theory is that section is from "A.06", and then they scrapped it in favor of shorten it.

Unfortunately Joe's hands didn't allow to see in the board the last songs progress, but I tried (in a very unprofessional way, I know) to reproduce the board with those notes. The (:) indicates a blank space (all of the songs have it - maybe is the final process).

Cumulus           X  X  X  -  :  :  \  :
Interrogation    X  X  X  X  :  :  \  :
Cuidado           X  X  X  -  \  \  \  :
BLANK SPACE X  :  :  :  :  :  :  :
Pretty Birdie    X  X  X  X  :  :  \  :
Shifter             X  X  X  X  :  :  :  :
Serpent           X  X  X  -  :  :  :  :
Nocturnal         :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :
Session            :  :  :  -  X  :  :  :  :
Resolution        X  X  -  :  :  :  \  :
Faint                 X  X  X
Sick                  X  X              \