Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

Has anyone noticed how all the clips we have heard of the “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” song sound so freaking incredible. Even after all this time it’s a huge shock to me why it still remains not heard for one but also completely unknown about even. It was there recorded in the Meteora sessions with all the other songs we’ve heard on the album. After THIS long knowing nothing about such an incredible sounding song, I really want to hear what it sounded like in its final form whatever that may have been. Even though it’s a grail, it’s so not known about which is crazy to me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Has anyone noticed how all the clips we have heard of the “Thoughts That Take Away My Pride” song sound so freaking incredible. Even after all this time it’s a huge shock to me why it still remains not heard for one but also completely unknown about even. It was there recorded in the Meteora sessions with all the other songs we’ve heard on the album. After THIS long knowing nothing about such an incredible sounding song, I really want to hear what it sounded like in its final form whatever that may have been. Even though it’s a grail, it’s so not known about which is crazy to me.

I really want to hear full :)

52 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Someone should make a guitar cover of your version.

I’d love to hear the full version of it. My version was based off the three clips we’ve heard. I think the official version is probably a little bit shorter. I think the only parts of the song we’ve heard is the intro part (summer sanitarium lptv), the first verse (mike’s shirt lputv), and a part of one of the the choruses (making of meteora dvd). Now that Meteora 20 is coming up, i’m really hoping after all this time it finally makes its way out of the dark

Edited by IWillWalkAway

What we don't know is if they filmed something on the Meteora arena tour (or even in the UK in November 03, it's the same setlist just a little different order pretty much) or Projekt Revolution 2004. Those would be easy tours for them to film a show on. We didn't know what exact PR02 shows they filmed, so it isn't wild to think that they may have filmed PR04 or the arena tour and we just never knew it.

I think it’s safe to say that interview with Mike that was in that Spin Magazine from March 2003 (that mentions the titles “Shifter” and “Nocturnal”) was probably done at some point in late 2002. I’ve mentioned I think now that Nocturnal was a demo for “Nobody’s Listening” with the song board having it be the only one without any drums recorded for it. (I’m not wrong that Nobody’s Listening has only drum machine right and no live drums right?) Shifter might still be, but who knows. It could also have been a demo for a song that’s on the album. So much stuff we don’t know still that I hope can be uncovered for this anniversary

9 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I think it’s safe to say that interview with Mike that was in that Spin Magazine from March 2003 (that mentions the titles “Shifter” and “Nocturnal”) was probably done at some point in late 2002. I’ve mentioned I think now that Nocturnal was a demo for “Nobody’s Listening” with the song board having it be the only one without any drums recorded for it. (I’m not wrong that Nobody’s Listening has only drum machine right and no live drums right?) Shifter might still be, but who knows. It could also have been a demo for a song that’s on the album. So much stuff we don’t know still that I hope can be uncovered for this anniversary

Yeah, that would be super good. Also if we have all demos of Meteora songs and all the remixes. A.06 and Cumulus with vocals, Rob drum demo, The Wizard Song and the first single as a representative song of Meteora would be Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. This is my dream.

3 hours ago, Hybrider said:

Yeah, that would be super good. Also if we have all demos of Meteora songs and all the remixes. A.06 and Cumulus with vocals, Rob drum demo, The Wizard Song and the first single as a representative song of Meteora would be Thoughts That Take Away My Pride. This is my dream.

I doubt they would put out Thoughts That Take Away My Pride as the first single. I'm pretty sure they would save that for the release of the boxset to keep fans hyped up, similar to what they did with Pictureboard through Hybrid Theory 20.

Edited by NJPLP

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I doubt they would put out Thoughts That Take Away My Pride as the first single. I'm pretty sure they would save that for the release of the boxset to keep fans hyped up, similar to what they did with Pictureboard through Hybrid Theory 20.

That’s a possibility. But I feel like they would want to include the album’s unreleased outtakes first right? “Take Away My Pride” is basically confirmed to be one of the three unreleased songs from the sessions. If the song truly had vocals done for it, I can see it being one of the first ones to come. But who knows maybe they’ll do a different song first. Either way, I think “Take Away My Pride” is something I’m really praying finally gets uncovered this year. Whether or not they wanna save it for last or have it be the first to come, I think either way are good moves by LP. I still think kicking it off with that songs release first would be way cooler, because there’s still a lot from Meteora we’ve yet to hear, and that one is a big staple people already know. I think saving stuff we’ve never even heard of for last would be cooler IMO.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

But this time we don't have any unreleased demo like we had before (She Couldn't). It was basically unreleased.

40 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Aren't "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" and "The Wizard Song" related? Instrumentally-wise, they sound similar to each other, in my opinion.

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Vocals)

The Wizard Song

Those are different songs, but instrumentals are similar. Also when you listen to Numb's chorus, it's also similar to them.

47 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Aren't "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride" and "The Wizard Song" related? Instrumentally-wise, they sound similar to each other, in my opinion.

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Vocals)

The Wizard Song

I thought the same thing a little while back. I thought maybe that instrumental used for the “Wizard Song” could’ve been a demo for it. It’s definitely possible.

TTTAMP likely has a tempo of 105 or 106. Numb was 110. So while it sounds somewhat similar to Numb too, I don’t think Numb was related or derived from to the track. TTTAMP sounds far too original to be a demo of any song on the album. (Another example, In The End and Numb both have a similar chord progression as TTTAMP.)

Watch the video

Mike’s Shirt LPUTV 

the verse part of the official TTTAMP instrumental is heard in the background, and we can hear it is very different from Numb.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

11 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I thought the same thing a little while back. I thought maybe that instrumental used for the “Wizard Song” could’ve been a demo for it. It’s definitely possible.

TTTAMP likely has a tempo of 105 or 106. Numb was 110. So while it sounds somewhat similar to Numb too, I don’t think Numb was related or derived from to the track. TTTAMP sounds far too original to be a demo of any song on the album. (Another example, In The End and Numb both have a similar chord progression as TTTAMP.)

Watch the video

Mike’s Shirt LPUTV 

the verse part of the official TTTAMP instrumental is heard in the background, and we can hear it is very different from Numb.

Yes, verses are different. Like verse from The Wizard Song is also different. That mean those are 3 different songs.

1 hour ago, Hybrider said:

Yes, verses are different. Like verse from The Wizard Song is also different. That mean those are 3 different songs.

the most likely case is yea. It’s possible Maybe they disassembled the Wizard songs instrumental to make TTTAMP. They’re a little bit similar.

19 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Mike’s Shirt LPUTV 

One thing I've noticed: This part has scratching. This could either mean it is a pre-production demo where scratching was applied OR the song actually was finished in the studio. Scratching was done just before vocals (so the instrumental should be done) and we know that TTTAMP has received vocals in the studio. My guess at this point is that the song got scrapped really late in the recording process.

8 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

One thing I've noticed: This part has scratching. This could either mean it is a pre-production demo where scratching was applied OR the song actually was finished in the studio. Scratching was done just before vocals (so the instrumental should be done) and we know that TTTAMP has received vocals in the studio. My guess at this point is that the song got scrapped really late in the recording process.

There is a lot of evidence that it got scrapped really late in the recording proces. If you listen carefuly to instrumental chorus in LPTV Summer Sanitarium you will know that it has polished guitar like all finished Meteora songs we have on album. Also short version of A.06 has polished guitar.

1 minute ago, Hybrider said:

There is a lot of evidence that it got scrapped really late in the recording proces. If you listen carefuly to instrumental chorus in LPTV Summer Sanitarium you will know that it has polished guitar like all finished Meteora songs we have on album. Also short version of A.06 has polished guitar.

Damn it, stop to excite me so much :D. It would be so cool to get this track after 20 years. Let's hope for the best!!

4 hours ago, Trumtram said:

It’s likely joe’s scratching recorded at NRG. It has that sound to it.

The song has the dirty guitar “sound” of the songs on meteora. It has the same drums “sound” of the rest of the meteora songs too. The bass sounds very heavy but not distorted, much like BTH. Phoenix did a very different type of chord progression on the verse for TTTAMP so that’s pretty cool. Brad did two guitar tracks. One is the rhythm with power chords D, F, C, and G. Four guitar chords that aren’t normally used on Meteora which is also very interesting. The other guitar track is harder to hear but it’s a fast strumming octave sound, similar to Crawling but only the high A octave and no other notes, similar to the guitar G octave in Leave Out All The Rest. The song is in A Minor or C Major. 

Edited by IWillWalkAway

24 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

It’s likely joe’s scratching recorded at NRG. It has that sound to it.

The song has the dirty guitar “sound” of the songs on meteora. It has the same drums “sound” of the rest of the meteora songs too. The bass sounds very heavy but not distorted, much like BTH. Phoenix did a very different type of chord progression on the verse for TTTAMP so that’s pretty cool. Brad did two guitar tracks. One is the rhythm with power chords D, F, C, and G. Four guitar chords that aren’t normally used on Meteora which is also very interesting. The other guitar track is harder to hear but it’s a fast strumming octave sound, similar to Crawling but only the high A octave and no other notes. The song is in A Minor or C Major. 

From looking at the Meteora board that I made days ago from looking at the actual board shown in the Making of Meteora, it might be "Interrogation". It has drums, bass, and both dirty and clean guitar completely done for the track. Whatever the 7th section (something having to do with Joe Hahn) is partially done for the track. Chester's didn't do his vocals for the song yet and were probably done later in the process, hence why there nothing marked in that column for the track.

That's what I got, anyway, though, I'm pretty sure I'm probably wrong with that being the title. Who knows.

Edited by NJPLP

3 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

From looking at the Meteora board that I made days ago from looking at the actual board shown in the Making of Meteora, it might be "Interrogation". It has drums, bass, and both dirty and clean guitar completely done for the track. Whatever the 7th section (something having to do with Joe Hahn) is partially done for the track.

That's what I got, anyway, though, I'm pretty sure I'm probably wrong with that being the title. Who knows.

I think it’s either Serpent or Husky. But it could be any of the titles we don’t know what song it belongs to. Except Plaster II, which I think is either Hit The Floor or From The Inside.

6 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

From looking at the Meteora board that I made days ago from looking at the actual board shown in the Making of Meteora, it might be "Interrogation". It has drums, bass, and both dirty and clean guitar completely done for the track. Whatever the 7th section (something having to do with Joe Hahn) is partially done for the track. Chester's didn't do his vocals for the song yet and were probably done later in the process, hence why there nothing marked in that column for the track.

I also think that it's title is "Interrogation", but let's wait on announcement and we will see.

2 hours ago, Hybrider said:

I also think that it's title is "Interrogation", but let's wait on announcement and we will see.

I've decided to dim it down to the title of the track being "Interrogation", "Shifter", "Serpent", or "Husky". They all have their drums, bass and dirty guitar completely done. Both "Interrogation" and "Shifter" have their clean guitar completely done for them. "Serpent" doesn't have clean guitar on it. "Interrogation" also has the stuff partially done for whatever the 7th column is (something having to do with Joe Hahn).

Cumulus was a demo that would eventually be released through LPU XIII.

Cuidado is the working title for Lying From You.

The BLANK SPACE is either Rob's drum demo or A.06, based off some theories.

Pretty Birdie is the working title for Somewhere I Belong.

Nocturnal has nothing done for it. @IWillWalkAway has theorized that it's the working title for Nobody's Listening.

Session kept it's working title.

Since Resolution doesn't have dirty guitar on it, that's probably not it. 

Faint kept it's working title.

Sick is the working title for Don't Stay.

Plaster II, as me and @IWillWalkAwayhave theorized, is either the working title for Hit the Floor or From the Inside.

Drawing is the working title for Breaking the Habit.

Figure.09 kept it's working title.

Am I missing anything?

Edited by NJPLP