What are these Meteora Era demos?

NJPLP

I don't know if someone's made a topic about this, but I'm making a topic about it. On the "Art of Meteora", I saw something... interesting. During one scene there are what appears to be lyrics from an unknown Meteora demo we probably don't know about that was scribbled on the Meteora art wall by Chester. The lyrics are "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me." During another scene you can see the lyrics to another unknown Meteora demo. The lyric is "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is.” There’s also another lyric underneath it, with it being a little more to the right. That lyric is “Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken." What are these Meteora demos? 

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 1

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 2

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 3

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 4

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 5

Both sets of the lyrics are even shown in the booklet: meteora_06.jpg

meteora_11.jpg

meteora_17.jpg

Update: On “The Making Of Meteora”, I found more lyrics to another (or one of the same) unknown songs. During one scene there are what appears to be more lyrics from an unknown Meteora demo we probably don't know about (probably the same one as before) that was scribbled on the Meteora art wall by Chester. The lyrics are “Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see.”

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 6

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 7 (Same As 6, Different Video)

Unknown Meteora Demo Lyrics 8

Parts of those lyrics are even shown in the booklet: meteora_07.jpg

Update 1 (Edit 1): The lyric “Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken" belongs to "More The Victim".

What songs the other 3 lyrics belong to are currently unknown at the moment. I will update this once we find out.

Edited by NJPLP

• NJPLP changed the title to What is these Meteora Era demos?
  • NJPLP changed the title to What are these Meteora Era demos?
10 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

What if it's all just from the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo? Which probably isn't even called that, it probably has a real name lol

I'm guessing only time will tell until "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride", which probably has a real name besides that, gets released by Linkin Park.

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

What if it's all just from the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo? Which probably isn't even called that, it probably has a real name lol

Hey, when ya find out please share so we can all stop calling it Thoughts Take Away My Pride lol

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I'm guessing only time will tell until "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride", which probably has a real name besides that, gets released by Linkin Park.

I'm gonna go ahead and be the pessimistic one here but I actually highly doubt we will get anything more. At least officially. We haven't had an Underground CD in four years and Mike originally didn't want to do a HT boxset. He had to be convinced which makes me think he won't do it a second time for Meteora (I do hope it happens though). I actually think we have a higher chance of Hybrid Theory/Xero era stuff leaking, similar to how the demo CDs were found or Rapology songs, but even then I feel that is low sadly. Unless we get another HPOATT incident I just think anything Meteora and on is gonna be locked on Mike's hard drive for quite some time.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

Hm hm. I have no proof but my guess is this could be the same song as Thoughts That Take Away My Pride just another part of it. But it's lyrics/words on a wall so it could be any song or not a song at all.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, LPLStaff said:

So would it kinda be confirmed to be lyrics to "Thoughts"?

8 hours ago, NJPLP said:

So would it kinda be confirmed to be lyrics to "Thoughts"?

Nah, no confirmation.  It could be or it could be another song. It might not even be to a song at all. I just read the words and said to myself, "well those sound like thoughts that would take away my pride" and kind of just made it a joke lol. 

I will say this, good eye on spotting these because if this is a song then we got some partial lyrics 

• 7 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 9:50 AM, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

Hm hm. I have no proof but my guess is this could be the same song as Thoughts That Take Away My Pride just another part of it. But it's lyrics/words on a wall so it could be any song or not a song at all.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, LPLStaff said:

It could be some partial lyrics to "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride", whatever it's name is, or it could be lyrics to one of the songs on the Meteora song board that is unreleased or possible Meteora song demos (Interrogation, Shifter, Serpent, Nocturnal, Resolution, Plaster II, Husky). It could be lyrics to a demo of one of the songs off Meteora (Cuidado, Pretty Birdie, Session, Faint, Sick, Drawing, Figure.09). There's also the possibilities that the lyrics belongs to an unreleased version of Cumulus with vocals or the unreleased version of A.06/A-Six/A6 with vocals. It probably isn't the Rob drum demo because that is most likely just an instrumental, though who knows, there could be a version with vocals on it.

Also, is it just me, or do the lyrics "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" look similar to the lyrics of "And everything that you thought I would be has fallen apart right in front of you" from Numb. Just something I noticed.

Edited by NJPLP

On 1/6/2023 at 10:54 PM, NJPLP said:

Also, is it just me, or do the lyrics "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" look similar to the lyrics of "And everything that you thought I would be has fallen apart right in front of you" from Numb. Just something I noticed.

It could be Numb demo.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:54 PM, NJPLP said:

It could be some partial lyrics to "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride", whatever it's name is, or it could be lyrics to one of the songs on the Meteora song board that is unreleased or possible Meteora song demos (Interrogation, Shifter, Serpent, Nocturnal, Resolution, Plaster II, Husky). It could be lyrics to a demo of one of the songs off Meteora (Cuidado, Pretty Birdie, Session, Faint, Sick, Drawing, Figure.09). There's also the possibilities that the lyrics belongs to an unreleased version of Cumulus with vocals or the unreleased version of A.06/A-Six/A6 with vocals. It probably isn't the Rob drum demo because that is most likely just an instrumental, though who knows, there could be a version with vocals on it.

Lol you might just get all your answers here in a few months. This is going to be an exciting year

On 1/16/2023 at 9:41 AM, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

Lol you might just get all your answers here in a few months. This is going to be an exciting year

I guess so, lol. There's multiple possibilities for what these lyrics could belong to.

Spoiler

Lost, Fighting Myself, More the Victim, Massive, Healing Foot, A6 (Meteora 20 Demo), Cuidado (Lying From You), Husky (Hit The Floor), Interrogation (Easier To Run), Faint (Meteora 20 Demo), Plaster II / Plaster 2 (Figure.09), Shifter (From The Inside), Wesside, Resolution, Sick (Don't Stay) [Won't be released on Meteora 20], Nocturnal (possibly Nobody's Listening or Numb) [Won't be released on Meteora 20], Serpent (possibly Nobody's Listening or Numb) [Won't be released on Meteora 20], there's tons of possibilities, lol.

Edit: The lyrics most likely don't belong to Massive, Healing Foot, Wesside, Sick, Nocturnal or Serpent.

According to @AJ93, the lyric "Somebody angry (with the word 'angry' crossed out) broken" most likely belongs to either Fighting Myself or More the Victim.

I'm not sure what the lyrics "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" or "Wait 'til I'm free, I promise you'll see" belong to. Probably a different song.

I'm guessing the set of lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" belong to "Lost", possibly. It's been mentioned before that the words/lyrics from the song were scribbled on the Meteora art wall at one point when Linkin Park, Delta, and Frank Maddocks were making it. Maybe those are more of the lyrics, maybe they aren't. Who knows.

Edited by NJPLP

On 1/17/2023 at 8:24 PM, NJPLP said:

I guess so, lol. There's multiple possibilities for what these lyrics could belong to.

Hide contents

Lost, Fighting Myself, More the Victim, Massive, Healing Foot, A6 (Meteora 20 Demo), Cuidado (Lying From You), Husky (Hit The Floor), Interrogation (Easier To Run), Faint (Meteora 20 Demo), Plaster II / Plaster 2 (Figure.09), Shifter (From The Inside), Wesside, Resolution, Sick (Don't Stay) [Won't be released on Meteora 20], Nocturnal (possibly Nobody's Listening or Numb) [Won't be released on Meteora 20], Serpent (possibly Nobody's Listening or Numb) [Won't be released on Meteora 20], there's tons of possibilities, lol.

Edit: The lyrics most likely don't belong to Massive, Healing Foot, Wesside, Sick, Nocturnal or Serpent.

According to @AJ93, the lyric "Somebody angry (with the word 'angry' crossed out) broken" most likely belongs to either Fighting Myself or More the Victim.

I'm not sure what the lyrics "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" or "Wait 'til I'm free, I promise you'll see" belong to. Probably a different song.

I'm guessing the set of lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" belong to "Lost", possibly. It's been mentioned before that the words/lyrics from the song were scribbled on the Meteora art wall at one point when Linkin Park, Delta, and Frank Maddocks were making it. Maybe those are more of the lyrics, maybe they aren't. Who knows.

Serpent and Noctural won't be on Meteora|20, despite it was mentioned in the kerrang magazine back in 2002/2003.

To those who keep saying that The Wizard Song should be part of Meteora|20, the answer is no. The reason is CB was just fooling around as he was just practicing. The Wizard Song is actually Lost based on the leaked audio.

"Wait 'til I'm free, I promise you'll see"  I believe this lyric is Resolution, because resolution means conflict should not occur, there must something to stop the outbreak, fight, misunderstanding etc. Something like to prevent someone from doing something bad or like set someone free from the mistakes that the person commit. That's just my theory.

the lyric "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" is actually Lost, because if you watched the 10 second clip of TTTAMP, someone post a short lyric and said "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, I've been faced deep inside". this is actually connected.

Edited by AJ93

18 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

Serpent and Noctural won't be on Meteora|20, despite it was mentioned in the kerrang magazine back in 2002/2003.

To those who keep saying that The Wizard Song should be part of Meteora|20, the answer is no. The reason is CB was just fooling around as he was just practicing. The Wizard Song is actually Lost based on the leaked audio.

"And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" or "Wait 'til I'm free, I promise you'll see"  I believe this lyric is Resolution, because resolution means conflict should not occur, there must something to stop the outbreak, fight, misunderstanding etc. Something like to prevent someone from doing something bad.

the lyric "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" is actually Lost, because if you watched the 10 second clip of TTTAMP, someone post a short lyric and said "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, I've been faced deep inside", this is actually connected.

"And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" and "Wait 'til I'm free, I promise you'll see" are two separate lyrics, lol.

Edited by NJPLP

1 minute ago, NJPLP said:

"And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is" and "Wait 'til I'm free, I promise you'll see" are two separate lyrics, lol.

Oh, my bad. I just edit now thanks to your explanation.

2 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

What about the lyric "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is"? What song does that lyric possibly belong to?

Cuidado or Interrogation.

Edited by AJ93

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

the lyric "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" is actually Lost, because if you watched the 10 second clip of TTTAMP, someone post a short lyric and said "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, I've been faced deep inside". this is actually connected.

I was thinking that theses lyrics were a part of the first verse of "Lost", though, I'm not sure. We know part of the second verse and the full chorus, based off the lyric sheet.

Also, it's "Thoughts that take away my pride, trapped in places deep inside".

Here's the lyric sheet:

ThoughtsThatTakeAwayMyPride.jpg

Edited by NJPLP

Masssive - Large crowds

Fighting Myself - Fight the inner demons about his path.

More The Victim - let's wait for the Lost Demos CD to be released.

Cuidado means "Careful"

Husky - (of a voice or utterance) sounding low-pitched and slightly hoarse. (of a person) big and strong.

Plaster - cover (a wall, ceiling, or other structure) with plaster.

Shifter - A person or thing that shifts something. Related to gear-lever.

Resolution - Decision, resolve, design.

Interrogation - Questioning during meeting.

Healing Foot - Sequel to Broken Foot Demo.

Wesside - as an West Side/Westside of L.A.? let's wait for the Lost Demos CD to be released.

I figure I combine some defintions in order to see which lyrics (the ones (along with the pictures) you posted on this topic) might fit to some tracks.

Edited by AJ93

16 hours ago, AJ93 said:

Massive - Large crowds

Fighting Myself - Fight the inner demons about his path.

More The Victim - let's wait for the Lost Demos CD to be released.

Cuidado means "Careful"

Husky - (of a voice or utterance) sounding low-pitched and slightly hoarse. (of a person) big and strong.

Plaster - cover (a wall, ceiling, or other structure) with plaster.

Shifter - A person or thing that shifts something. Related to gear-lever.

Resolution - Decision, resolve, design.

Interrogation - Questioning during meeting.

Healing Foot - Sequel to Broken Foot Demo.

Wesside - as an West Side/Westside of L.A.? let's wait for the Lost Demos CD to be released.

I figure I combine some defintions in order to see which lyrics (the ones (along with the pictures) you posted on this topic) might fit to some tracks.

These make a ton of sense, though, I had a different opinion for Shifter. I was thinking about that the name Shifter is in relation to how the song shifts back and forth from the light and soft verses to the heavy and hard choruses. That's what I was thinking anyway.

1 minute ago, NJPLP said:

These make a ton of sense, though, I had a different opinion for Shifter. I was thinking about that the name Shifter is in relation to how the song shifts back and forth from the light and soft verses to the heavy and hard choruses. That's what I was thinking anyway.

Update: The lyric "Just drag it out, remember" belongs to A06 (Meteora|20 Demo).

5 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

Update: The lyric "Just drag it out, remember" belongs to A06 (Meteora|20 Demo).

I already knew that, lol.

Also, More the Victim sounds like it's either about betrayal, a toxic relationship, or an abusive relationship. That's what I think anyway. Guess we'll find out when it gets released.

Edited by NJPLP