What are these Meteora Era demos?

NJPLP

On 2/8/2023 at 10:39 AM, AJ93 said:

When Lost release on Friday, use dictation via MS Word, its super awesome to dictate the lyrics. Once its done, you can edit carefully.

Someone already beat me to it, lol.

Also, you were wrong on the lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" being in "Lost". Those lyrics aren't even in the song, lol.

57 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Someone already beat me to it, lol.

Also, you were wrong on the lyrics "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" being in "Lost". Those lyrics aren't even in the song, lol.

oops, oh well. let's wait for the remaining Lost Demos CD

@NJPLP I found an interesting article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/10/arts/music/linkin-park-meteora-chester-bennington.html

So, we both know Lost is not a demo and that's a good thing. here's the interesting part:

They revived Fighting Myself and More The Victim (which are nearly done). so that meanss FM and MTV are also not demos (but let's just wait, see, and hear once its released by analyze the sound quality).

Note: in case if you can't read the article due to the "sign in or sign up" crap, just save it as a pdf via whatever browser you're using.

Oh and good job on the bass, instrumental, and acapella of Lost on your YT. what's the name of the program?

21 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

@NJPLP I found an interesting article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/10/arts/music/linkin-park-meteora-chester-bennington.html

So, we both know Lost is not a demo and that's a good thing. here's the interesting part:

They revived Fighting Myself and More The Victim (which are nearly done). so that meanss FM and MTV are also not demos (but let's just wait, see, and hear once its released by analyze the sound quality).

Note: in case if you can't read the article due to the "sign in or sign up" crap, just save it as a pdf via whatever browser you're using.

Oh and good job on the bass, instrumental, and acapella of Lost on your YT. what's the name of the program?

I tried uploading the full version of "Linkin Park - Lost (Strings and Guitar Only)" originally and the full original instrumental I made using different sites but they were copyright blocked due to the intro in both videos, so I removed the intro from both of them. This strings and guitar multitrack worked. Unfortunately, though, the instrumental is still copyright blocked due to part of the chorus. I don't know how to get it to work without it copyright blocking the instrumental.

Also, I made the all the multitracks with Moises (https://moises.ai) except for the instrumental, which I made with Vocal Remover (https://vocalremover.org/).

Additionally, I already knew about that article, lol.

Edited by NJPLP

Nice.

4 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I tried uploading the full version of "Linkin Park - Lost (Strings and Guitar Only)" originally and the full original instrumental I made using different sites but they were copyright blocked due to the intro in both videos, so I removed the intro from both of them. This strings and guitar multitrack worked. Unfortunately, though, the instrumental is still copyright blocked due to part of the chorus. I don't know how to get it to work without it copyright blocking the instrumental.

Also, I made the all the multitracks with Moises (https://moises.ai) except for the instrumental, which I made with Vocal Remover (https://vocalremover.org/).

Additionally, I already knew about that article, lol.

Oh, i know vocalremover. but moises is really new to me, i'll save that for something.

You know what's strange? More The Victim really reminded me of the old Music Televison aka MTV. More The Victim = MTV. strange right?

Could More The Victim kinda means like Linkin Park is a victim to entertainment false information back in 2002-2003?

Edited by AJ93

@NJPLPif you want a proper clear hd pictures that has multiple lyrics, go to meteora.linkinpark.com

you'll find alot of unreleased photo collections (with lyrics).

plus, it's a true gift and allows us to download the entire picture collections. cheers

Edited by AJ93

4 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

@NJPLPif you want a proper clear hd pictures that has multiple lyrics, go to meteora.linkinpark.com

you'll find alot of unreleased photo collections (with lyrics).

plus, it's a true gift and allows us to download the entire picture collections. cheers

I saw it already. It's very cool.

2 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

I saw it already. It's very cool.

did you save all the files? also, I have a question: who is that person on the wall?

-there's a small graffiti of a man's face next to the word Cuidado

Edited by AJ93

1 minute ago, AJ93 said:

did you save all the files? also, I have a question: who is that person on the wall?

-there's a small graffiti of a man's face next to the word Cuidado

Not yet, though I plan to. In seperate file folders.

14 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

Damn, my MS Word cant dictate that MTV due to Mike's fast rap part lol

Lol. I use a website called TimeStretch (https://29a.ch/timestretch/) to slow down songs so I can figure out the lyrics to songs.

Also, the lyrics "Somebody angry broken" belong to "More The Victim".

Edited by NJPLP

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Lol. I use a website called TimeStretch (https://29a.ch/timestretch/) to slow down songs so I can figure out the lyrics to songs.

Also, the lyrics "Somebody angry broken" belong to "More The Victim".

alrightk i'll save that link. thanks.

damn, looks like we need to stop theorize every lyrics like which belongs to which. let's just wait and see. also, i think i know who's that graffiti guy on the wall (but im not sure). could be an inspiration or a small tribute.

Edit: its Jam Master Jay of Run-DMC, who died on October 30, 2002. that would explain the tribute on the graffiti wall.

Edited by AJ93

• 3 weeks later...

So the mystery of some of the lyrics from Meteora wall still hasn't been resolved? From the Lost Demos CD from Meteora 20 we only have "Somebody angry broken" in "More the Victim" but other lines are still from unknown songs? To be fair, I thought that all of the lyrics would be finally there. Some of the lines seem like they would fit in "Numb" demo: "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded" goes well with the rhythm and melody of the verse of "Numb". But there are still some that don't fit anywhere, right?

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2023 at 8:55 AM, blackout said:

So the mystery of some of the lyrics from Meteora wall still hasn't been resolved? From the Lost Demos CD from Meteora 20 we only have "Somebody angry broken" in "More the Victim" but other lines are still from unknown songs? To be fair, I thought that all of the lyrics would be finally there. Some of the lines seem like they would fit in "Numb" demo: "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded" goes well with the rhythm and melody of the verse of "Numb". But there are still some that don't fit anywhere, right?

Maybe there is a way to ask the band what songs these lyrics belong to.

I was thinking that the "and everything I thought it'd be is nothing like is" line is very similar to the "and everything that you thought I would be, has fallen apart right in front of you" line in "Numb".

Also, the "And everything I thought it'd be is nothing like it is” and “Wait ‘til I’m free, I promise you’ll see” lines might just be a small part of a verse, chorus, or bridge of a song, similar to the situation with the line of “Somebody angry (with the word ‘angry’ crossed out) broken" being a lyric in the bridge of "More the Victim".

Additionally, I think that the whole "I've carried this weight for too long... Disassociated, unappreciated. And everything I've hated, keeping me so jaded. I look into the mirror, and I hate what I see. All my lifes disfuction, alive in front of me" line sort of thing is a full verse, chorus, or bridge of a song.

Edited by NJPLP

On 4/11/2023 at 8:55 AM, blackout said:

So the mystery of some of the lyrics from Meteora wall still hasn't been resolved?

To be fair, it's very likely that we won't get these kinds of things. Linkin Park is certainly notorious for saving virtually everything they do, but it wouldn't surprise me if they've lost a few things over the years. It's likely that the band won't even remember these things, it's been 20 years. If they aren't prominent and, on the off chance we've never heard about the songs these are related to, it's highly likely they simply won't remember what they were for. My guess? Early versions of songs and demos we already have, maybe some of the words belong to some of the tracks on Lost Demos. Who knows.