A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Linkin Park x Steve Aoki)

Stranger

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try the clipconverter I've sent you some days ago, that works ;)

Thanks, I know how to rip from SoundCloud, but most(/all) of the rips are 128kbps, but the download link gives you the real file (even WAV files).

If you have an Xbox 360, you can now stream A Light that Never Comes! Its on Xbox Music. The total length of the song is 3:49.

Anyone else heard that?

Weird, unless there's Xbox version for LPRecharge. :lol:

Edit:

The source of it are promo pictures of A Light That Never Comes in Xbox Music App.

• 4 weeks later...

BIG NEWS!

LP RECHARGE is officially out. Starting today you can play the game and work together to unlock our new single with Steve Aoki, A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES. Once the song is unlocked you can stream it for free on Xbox Music.

Play LP Recharge here: http://bit.ly/playlprecharge

A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES will be on the upcoming album, RECHARGED, a collection of interpretations of songs from LIVING THINGS.

RECHARGED will be released October 29th on CD, VINYL, and DIGITAL.

A limited-edition version of the album will also be available and feature an interactive 3D sculpture based on LIVING THINGS album artwork. In addition, a 48 page art booklet, both LIVING THINGS and RECHARGED albums, and a magnetic stylus that allows you to interact with the liquid solution in the 3D sculpture to create unique patterns and designs will be included.

Pre-orders for RECHARGED are set to begin on Monday September 16th on LINKINPARK.COM , while digital and iTunes pre-orders will begin once the new single is unlocked through #LPRecharge

“I think this song and release show where we’re at right now. Making the song with Steve, premiering it through the Recharge Facebook game, and debuting it via Microsoft’s Xbox Music—I think it’s all indicative of our band’s commitment to experimentation and pushing boundaries.”

- Mike

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...1787&type=1

I gave the track a day to set in, and I still really like it. The first chorus, the bridge, and the final chorus are so fucking awesome. Mike and Chester are both really solid on the track, and the guitar during the bridge really caught me off guard, and is probably one of the best parts of the tracks for me. The lyrics are a little repetitive, especially since Mike raps all but the first half of verse 2 and the entire bridge in verse one, and they are a little basic, but it's still a great track.

Overall, I'd probably give it an 8.5/10, mostly because I heard 90% of the song through the clips, so it wasn't anything totally shocking.

Considering Mike's verses can basically be cut and pasted into any recent LP song, I'd say there's a strong likelihood.

And that's good, because the verses are solid, if pretty generic. Plus "what don't kill you makes you more strong" is a cringe-worthy line.

The song's appeal is clearly in the marriage of EDM with Mike and Chester's vocals, and it's a good song as a result. I'm not going to be spinning it on repeat for weeks on end, but that's fine. If they push further in an electronic direction with album 6 I'll probably still be on board.