A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Linkin Park x Steve Aoki)

Stranger

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's for sale because its part of the album. I was under the impression a download link would appear on the Recharge game site or something when the goal was reached. Idk if they did or not. I never played it I just bought it on iTunes. Still I see your point though and its what I've been wondering. Release it for free on Recharge, then put it up for sale the same day....?

It's for sale because its part of the album. I was under the impression a download link would appear on the Recharge game site or something when the goal was reached. Idk if they did or not. I never played it I just bought it on iTunes. Still I see your point though and its what I've been wondering. Release it for free on Recharge, then put it up for sale the same day....?

More than that, I don't think it was ever there for free download. Nobody here said "I just got the mp3 copy from the game" or something similar.

"Waiting for the OTHER end. That one hasn't been done" :lol:

This video is awesome... It shows the actual point of inspiration for the theme of the song... This is probably my favorite "making of" video since the WTFE one. If this is just part 1 I hope we see Mike recording in part 2.

Edited by Justin

"Waiting for the OTHER end. That one hasn't been done" :lol:

This video is awesome... It shows the actual point of inspiration for the theme of the song... This is probably my favorite "making of" video since the WTFE one. If this is just part 1 I hope we see Mike recording in part 2.

There are three parts.

For those interested in that kind of thing, the song is making a bit of a jump up the iTunes charts in Australia (albeit a gradual one).

It's currently sitting at #77 but has been climbing steadily since last night where it was in the high hundreds.

The band hasn't really had much of a chart impact in Australia since New Divide was released (hit #3 on the charts). The only other singles to crack the top 40 in Australia since then were The Catalyst (#33) and Iridescent (#39).

Would be nice for them to have another top 20 hit again, even if it is a collab project.

Nice words from Mike here (thanks to my mate for pointing this one out):

http://news.xbox.com/2013/09/ent-xbox-music-linkin-park

Haha, so in other words, music snobs. Those indie people think they know everything about music and won't accept anything that isn't indie. So funny. I love pissing those types of people off. Also, she probably wanted you to change it because she secretly loved it and probably didn't want to know about it because it ruin her indie image.

Absolutely. I have had to listen to their music for roughly 2.5 years now and I have never once complained or asked them to turn it off. So I've taken great joy in playing mine for the last few weeks and seeing their responses :)

I imagine your reply was "Haha, thats too bad. Bitch, I'ma blast this shit all day."

I do consider this girl one of my good work friends so I couldn't be harsh (even though I wanted to be!). I did however, subject her to it again in my car today - and she didn't say a thing this time :)

Edited by Narc85

In the early recorded we can hear more guitar and a little bit drum noises.It was moderated between Alt rock and EDM.But in the final record 90% of the song is EDM.

All of the guitar heard in the Making Of video is in the final version of the song.

Grrr! Has anyone else who purchased ALTNC on their phone via iTunes suddenly had the song disappear from your files this morning?!

I was literally playing it this morning and now that I've arrived at work it has disappeared? I've tried going back to iTunes but it isn't even showing up in my purchases, and when I search for the song it just shows up as 'album only'?!?!

WTF!

Grrr! Has anyone else who purchased ALTNC on their phone via iTunes suddenly had the song disappear from your files this morning?!

I was literally playing it this morning and now that I've arrived at work it has disappeared? I've tried going back to iTunes but it isn't even showing up in my purchases, and when I search for the song it just shows up as 'album only'?!?!

WTF!

That's weird, the song is still buyable seperately on the actual iTunes

That's weird, the song is still buyable seperately on the actual iTunes

Not in Australia by the looks of it. I got a response from the iTunes store team who advised that the song had been pulled - either by the label or by Apple themselves. Didn't give an explanation as to why.

It still appears in search results since it exists as part of the pre-order for the RECHARGED album - but as an 'album only' track - meaning the download of it is no longer available.

Not sure what's happened here. I checked the US store and it's still available there (and was placed at #23 when I searched before).