A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (Linkin Park x Steve Aoki)

Stranger

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I like the comparison of LP's HUGE setup and amount of equipment, with Steve's laptop. Lol. Steve seems like a cool person.

I feel like this really shows how much effort it takes to make a rock album as compared to an EDM song. Mike really said it all in his article.

I don't think they'll play the song ever again during one of their regular shows, I think it's more likely they'll perform it for a TV show/awards or something like that if the song becomes a big hit.

As much as this is a "linkin park song" I think it's better if just Chester, Mike and Aoki do the song, instead of the whole band, figuring out jobs for them that they have something to do and don't look bored.

I'm also curious if Aoki adds the song to his live shows when LP is not available to perform it.

I don't think they'll play the song ever again during one of their regular shows, I think it's more likely they'll perform it for a TV show/awards or something like that if the song becomes a big hit.

As much as this is a "linkin park song" I think it's better if just Chester, Mike and Aoki do the song, instead of the whole band, figuring out jobs for them that they have something to do and don't look bored.

I'm also curious if Aoki adds the song to his live shows when LP is not available to perform it.

This post +1.

Love the track. Have been pumping it all weekend. Though I played it at work today and one of the girls abruptly asked me to change it - said it was "doing her head in." Having said that, the people I work with have very "indie" tastes (in my opinion, frequently boring/whiny/depressing).

Friends/family who have heard me play it have all enjoyed it so far. This one definitely has the potential to be a bit of a hit (if promoted properly).

Love the track. Have been pumping it all weekend. Though I played it at work today and one of the girls abruptly asked me to change it - said it was "doing her head in." Having said that, the people I work with have very "indie" tastes (in my opinion, frequently boring/whiny/depressing).

Haha, so in other words, music snobs. Those indie people think they know everything about music and won't accept anything that isn't indie. So funny. I love pissing those types of people off. Also, she probably wanted you to change it because she secretly loved it and probably didn't want to know about it because it ruin her indie image.

I imagine your reply was "Haha, thats too bad. Bitch, I'ma blast this shit all day."

The first time I heard it, the uploader had pitchshifted it up a step (presumably to avoid detection), and I thought it sounded horrible haha. Then I heard the actual version and it's quite cool. A bit too generic EDM for my tastes, but the chorus is cool and the possible Dark Knight reference in Mike's verses is amusing. Still don't like the effects on Chester's part though.

Just give Joe, Rob, Dave and Bradford some nice outfits and let them dance.

Edited by ThePretender

Since this is the lead (and only?) single from Reachared they should release a music video for it..

I'd be surprised if they didn't.

*Edit* Finally listened to it. Didn't catch this based on the live version, but I just have to point it out now - ANOTHER song that reuses the chord progression from What I've Done? Jesus christ. How many is that now, 6? 7?

Edited by Astat

*Edit* Finally listened to it. Didn't catch this based on the live version, but I just have to point it out now - ANOTHER song that reuses the chord progression from What I've Done? Jesus christ. How many is that now, 6? 7?

Only Astat would catch this :lol:

Maybe they'll use it for Transformers 4. The producers seem to enjoy songs that sound the same.