Quick question? Ask here!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello guys, what's up? Let me ask you guys something, does anyone know where does the "Mic" vocals on "Hybrid Party of a Thousand Things" come from? My guess is from a Mac Text-To-Speech voice called "Trinoids", let me know if i'm right or mistaken. Thanks!

(P.S.: The lyrics for Mic are "Give me the microphone, give me the mic")

On 9/7/2020 at 10:39 PM, cryingpunk said:

Did LP ever perform DBS songs? For example Mike would throw in Fort Minor verses into their set but did Chester get to do the same?

Chester sang a line from the chorus from The Morning After at the end of the Bristow show in '04 but that's it lmfao

1 hour ago, Scourge said:

Chester sang a line from the chorus from The Morning After at the end of the Bristow show in '04 but that's it lmfao

I think a big part of it is just that it's a lot harder for Chester to incorporate sung parts of DBS stuff since the melody needs to fit and stuff. Rapping over different beats is much easier to make fit well.

Were Mark's vocals originally on So Far Away and Blue, before Chester joined the band, since they are labeled as 1998 demos? Or did they not have Mark on vocals? We know Mark's vocals were originally on Slip, meaning Slip was originally a Xero song. 

13 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Were Mark's vocals originally on So Far Away and Blue, before Chester joined the band, since they are labeled as 1998 demos? Or did they not have Mark on vocals? We know Mark's vocals were originally on Slip, meaning Slip was originally a Xero song. 

I think there has been no confirmation Mark ever recorded Slip, but we generally assume he did because he is credited for the song on the LPU 11 booklet. He is not credited for Blue or So Far Away.

3 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I think there has been no confirmation Mark ever recorded Slip, but we generally assume he did because he is credited for the song on the LPU 11 booklet. He is not credited for Blue or So Far Away.

Got it.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:25 PM, lpliveusername said:

Well even chester has only very very little vocals on So Far Away

12 minutes ago, Diaux said:

So what is the timeline for Stick N Move? i guess the one from LPU9 is the seed for the one on Forgotten Demos. but i have zero idea about the two version on Hybrid Party

Sounds to me like the Hybrid Party versions are just the versions on which the LPU9 and Forgotten Demos ones are based. They obviously edited the LPU9 one significantly when they released it.

A lot of the Hybrid Party tracks aren't necessarily standalone demos, they're just the building blocks they put live instruments and vocals on top of when they made complete songs.

On 10/10/2020 at 12:35 AM, Astat said:

Sounds to me like the Hybrid Party versions are just the versions on which the LPU9 and Forgotten Demos ones are based. They obviously edited the LPU9 one significantly when they released it.

A lot of the Hybrid Party tracks aren't necessarily standalone demos, they're just the building blocks they put live instruments and vocals on top of when they made complete songs.

I think both the Hybrid Party and the LPU9 versions aren't demos, but rather the tracks that the demos had been built around.

I think it's:

1 - Stick'n'Move (Xero Cassette)

2 - LPU 9 Version

3 - Hybrid Party version

4 - Stick And Move (studio rec with Mark on Vocals)

5 - Stick And Move (same rec but with Chester - HT20 version)

Then in late '99/early 2000 I guess they reworked it into Runaway with Don.

Also I find it interesting how they changed this one note in the looping pattern in the verses. I think on the HT20 version it sounds rather off, while it fits in the key in the LPU9/Hybrid Party versions. If that makes any sense

I've already brought up this topic on shoutbox, but I decide to write about it here since this topic really bothers me. 😂 I cannot really get the relation (if I can call it like this) between Hybrid Theory EP and Hybrid Theory (album). The thing I cannot understand is why they chose to put songs such as Carousel and And One on HTEP while they already had tracks like Esaul or Rhinestone, which they eventually released on their debut album (therefore, probably thought that they're better than songs like And One or Part of Me). 

What is more, on CDs such as the 9-track demo or 8-track demo, there are songs such as Part of Me or And One (obviously, from HTEP) but they sound much more demo-ish than the versions released on HTEP, even though most of these demo CDs were released in 1999 or 2000, which is after (I guess?) the release of HTEP. Did they decide to re-record some HTEP songs and consider to put them on HT (but then again, why do they sound more demo-ish?)? And why did they decide not to release Esaul or Rhinestone on HTEP (maybe they even had other tracks like POA ready since it appears on demo CDs) if they had probably liked them better than the tracks from HTEP?

On 10/18/2020 at 5:12 AM, blackout said:

I've already brought up this topic on shoutbox, but I decide to write about it here since this topic really bothers me. 😂 I cannot really get the relation (if I can call it like this) between Hybrid Theory EP and Hybrid Theory (album). The thing I cannot understand is why they chose to put songs such as Carousel and And One on HTEP while they already had tracks like Esaul or Rhinestone, which they eventually released on their debut album (therefore, probably thought that they're better than songs like And One or Part of Me). 

What is more, on CDs such as the 9-track demo or 8-track demo, there are songs such as Part of Me or And One (obviously, from HTEP) but they sound much more demo-ish than the versions released on HTEP, even though most of these demo CDs were released in 1999 or 2000, which is after (I guess?) the release of HTEP. Did they decide to re-record some HTEP songs and consider to put them on HT (but then again, why do they sound more demo-ish?)? And why did they decide not to release Esaul or Rhinestone on HTEP (maybe they even had other tracks like POA ready since it appears on demo CDs) if they had probably liked them better than the tracks from HTEP?

HTEP was most likely meant to showcase new material written with Chester rather than re-hashing anything they had done before that. When they got signed to do a whole album, they pulled from their entire backlog of songs for potential album material.

HTEP was before the Carousel/Part of Me demos (the version of And One on the demos CD is the same recording as the HTEP). Song arrangements changed, stuff was re-recorded. No different than something like the Xero Stick N Move getting deconstructed and made into LP Stick N Move and then getting deconstructed again and made into Runaway. The only reason the HTEP sounds better is they threw more money at it than the demos, half of it was done in a professional studio with a proper producer (Mudrock). The majority of the other pre-HT demos were done in their little rehearsal studio.

I don't even think the HTEP sounds THAT much better than the demos, listen to how pretty much the entire backing track to High Voltage is programmed and Step Up clearly doesn't have real drums on it. The bump in quality is really only evident on Carousel, And One, and Part of Me, and those are the tracks they did with Mudrock.

6 hours ago, Astat said:

The only reason the HTEP sounds better is they threw more money at it than the demos, half of it was done in a professional studio with a proper producer (Mudrock). The majority of the other pre-HT demos were done in their little rehearsal studio.

I was saying such thing in the shoutbox and people were telling me they spend more money on the tracks from the demo CDs

9 hours ago, Astat said:

HTEP was most likely meant to showcase new material written with Chester rather than re-hashing anything they had done before that. When they got signed to do a whole album, they pulled from their entire backlog of songs for potential album material.

HTEP was before the Carousel/Part of Me demos (the version of And One on the demos CD is the same recording as the HTEP). Song arrangements changed, stuff was re-recorded. No different than something like the Xero Stick N Move getting deconstructed and made into LP Stick N Move and then getting deconstructed again and made into Runaway. The only reason the HTEP sounds better is they threw more money at it than the demos, half of it was done in a professional studio with a proper producer (Mudrock). The majority of the other pre-HT demos were done in their little rehearsal studio.

I don't even think the HTEP sounds THAT much better than the demos, listen to how pretty much the entire backing track to High Voltage is programmed and Step Up clearly doesn't have real drums on it. The bump in quality is really only evident on Carousel, And One, and Part of Me, and those are the tracks they did with Mudrock.

Thank you. I'm glad that someone came up with more extensive and logical explanation to me because it all didn't make sense to me. Now I get it fully. 

One thing that I maybe don't understand is why they decided to continue working on such songs like Carousel of Part of Me. They definitely had the intention to put one or two songs from HTEP on HT. However, I wouldn't have liked it personally - the vibe of the EP is much different than the album and songs from HTEP kinda belong together nicely where they were initially.

But then again, wouldn't it be more logical to throw more money at demo CDs than at HTEP? HTEP seems to be a very underground release while the demo CDs contain much stronger material (Papercut or POA early versions) and were sent to various labels. I don't doubt the facts that you presented, just thinking out loud. 

Edited by blackout
One more paragraph