Quick question? Ask here!

Great reply.

There's a PT interview where the guy is totally rude to Mike and the LP team cuts the interview off, or tries to. He asked something about LP I think on the PT tour.

Since at least Meteora they have a person on their tour whose job it is to handle all of the press stuff, so they sit in the room and will cut the person off if they ask insensitive/wrong/improper questions so the band members don't get trapped. The woman who has been doing it for LP and MS is really, really nice and good at this.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, hahninator said:

Great reply.

There's a PT interview where the guy is totally rude to Mike and the LP team cuts the interview off, or tries to. He asked something about LP I think on the PT tour.

Since at least Meteora they have a person on their tour whose job it is to handle all of the press stuff, so they sit in the room and will cut the person off if they ask insensitive/wrong/improper questions so the band members don't get trapped. The woman who has been doing it for LP and MS is really, really nice and good at this.

Omg... are you talking about the asshole who was like "You guys ARE getting a new singer, correct?" "How do you feel about the possibility of foul play in Chester's death?" I was angry for Mike when I watched that video, and to his credit Mike kept his cool.

Yeah, Get Me Gone lyrics can give a little insight on all of that.

When i was young the press made me see LP as a bunch of "Chads"... spoiled kids with rich parents that had no real talent, just money (Chester excluded). I felt a little bit ashamed of "idolizing" their music.

Now i see Mike saying they were middle class at the most and everything else we learn about the band's past... it's clear that at the time the press was just being stupid as always.

49 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Yeah, Get Me Gone lyrics can give a little insight on all of that.

When i was young the press made me see LP as a bunch of "Chads"... spoiled kids with rich parents that had no real talent, just money (Chester excluded). I felt a little bit ashamed of "idolizing" their music.

Now i see Mike saying they were middle class at the most and everything else we learn about the band's past... it's clear that at the time the press was just being stupid as always.

They never really seemed that way to me. Idk. The press are idiots. And I love your profile picture, that’s GIR from Invader Zim riding the pig right? I love that show. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this version of “Esaul (A Place For My Head Demo)” legit or not? It supposably comes from Xero ,which was Linkin Park’s old name. 

Is this live version of “Reading My Eyes” by Xero from 1998 legit or not? It says it supposably comes from 1998.

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Is this version of “Esaul (A Place For My Head Demo)” legit or not? It supposably comes from Xero ,which was Linkin Park’s old name. 

3 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Is this live version of “Reading My Eyes” by Xero from 1998 legit or not? It says it supposably comes from 1998.

Soooo is posting obviously fake/misleading content and playing dumb by asking it's legit the only thing you ever plan on doing on this website, or...?

On 7/10/2020 at 11:31 AM, Astat said:

Soooo is posting obviously fake/misleading content and playing dumb by asking it's legit the only thing you ever plan on doing on this website, or...?

Maybe he’s not very deep into all of the ins&outs of the band.

i really don’t get why you can get so offensive about some questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason why there are so many versions of It's Going Down or it was just for promo stuff and radio play?

Also is just me or that song kind of hurt the X-Ecutioners career a bit? like they were amazing but in the end they were the guys who made that song with Mike Shinoda for a lot of people

Edited by Diaux

12 hours ago, Diaux said:

Any reason why there are so many versions of It's Going Down or it was just for promo stuff and radio play?

Yeah, just promo stuff. The demo versions came from sampler CDs and Advanced CDs used to promote the album before it was finished. Then you have the offical album version, and all the single versions / radio edits came from it. They are created and released for radio airplay in different countries. The music video version might be a case of editing the song to fit the video instead of editing the video to fit the song. Just a choice they made.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 9:32 AM, rd1994 said:

Anybody know who the kid at the end of Keys of the Kingdom is?

And whos Talking at the end snippet for The Summoning

Didn't they say it was one of the band member's kids? Mike's son maybe? Because they couldn't clear the Frozen clip they wanted to use.

The sample at the end of Summoning is a tee ball sample of a kid playing. Sounds like Brad. 

So I know this is not LP, but I was trying to prove it wasn't and can't find much info. Is there somewhere where the mislabeling of this track as LP is documented? Such as how it came to be labeled that way, who actually performs it, LP being asked, etc? I can't find much actual info about it. I wasn't deep enough in the fandom to be on sites like this at the time but I figured it must have come up here with the popularity of What I've Done/Transformers

39 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

So I know this is not LP, but I was trying to prove it wasn't and can't find much info. Is there somewhere where the mislabeling of this track as LP is documented? Such as how it came to be labeled that way, who actually performs it, LP being asked, etc? I can't find much actual info about it. I wasn't deep enough in the fandom to be on sites like this at the time but I figured it must have come up here with the popularity of What I've Done/Transformers

Released June 6th, 2007 on sectorseven.org as part of the ARG promotion leading up to the release of the first Transformers film. No idea who actually performs on it, it was released under the name "Deceptibot" which was a band that "existed" within the ARG itself, the backstory was that it was some of Sector Seven's IT department that also played in a band.

In reality it's probably just a collection of some of the people who worked on the score for the movie.

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/transformers-theme&order=asc

4 minutes ago, Astat said:

Released June 6th, 2007 on sectorseven.org as part of the ARG promotion leading up to the release of the first Transformers film. No idea who actually performs on it, it was released under the name "Deceptibot" which was a band that "existed" within the ARG itself, the backstory was that it was some of Sector Seven's IT department that also played in a band.

In reality it's probably just a collection of some of the people who worked on the score for the movie.

I haven't heard that song since 2007, i never knew the backstory or that it was mistakenly labelled as an LP song, so thanks for that.

although they totally copied the Numb chorus