Quick question? Ask here!

Is Mike referencing another band at the beginning of "Fiends"?  Mike raps "It's like a royal flush, a rush when I bust verbally". On Linkinpedia , when you go to the page for the song "Closing", when you look at the track list for Rapology 12, the 6th song is listed as "Royal Flush - Can't Help It (Remix)". So Mike once again referenced another band in one Xero's songs?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Is Mike referencing another band at the beginning of "Fiends"?  Mike raps "It's like a royal flush, a rush when I bust verbally". On Linkinpedia , when you go to the page for the song "Closing", when you look at the track list for Rapology 12, the 6th song is listed as "Royal Flush - Can't Help It (Remix)". So Mike once again referenced another band in one Xero's songs?

A royal flush is the best hand you can possibly get in a game of poker. I'm sure that's what he's referencing and it's just a coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...

On Linkinpedia, on the Hybrid Theory page, in the promotion part of the page, it says that a EP entitled 3-Song E.P. was released in August 2000. What exactly was on that 3-Song E.P. that was released in August 2000?

17 hours ago, HybridParty said:

Are there any ‘Xero’ or ‘Hybrid Theory’ show recordings that are confirmed or at least rumored to exist (Besides the Bredrin Daddys clip)?

I remember it being discussed a while back that there may be some live footage Marc Ostrick shot around the same time he filmed the Lockout rehearsal.

Mike Shinoda confirmed he has Xero live footage in some capacity, but doesn't want to release it.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:04 AM, Astat said:

I remember it being discussed a while back that there may be some live footage Marc Ostrick shot around the same time he filmed the Lockout rehearsal.

Mike Shinoda confirmed he has Xero live footage in some capacity, but doesn't want to release it.

You think it has to do with Marks reluctance towards having more limelight.

On 12/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, danacky said:

Has there been any new information on the Marc Ostrick footage over the last few years? I presumed the guy would have upped the price once again with all the HT20 hype

I remember asking a few years back and he wanted something like 10k but that was before Chester passes now he wants somewhere in the ball park of 50k, which I think is bullshit. 

7 minutes ago, X3RO said:

I remember asking a few years back and he wanted something like 10k but that was before Chester passes now he wants somewhere in the ball park of 50k, which I think is bullshit. 

It is bullshit. Guy’s in over his head. He upped the price after Chester passed, you’re right, I think he wants $50K. Which makes the tapes impossible to obtain, unless one of us here at LPLive wins the lottery... really sad. I’d love to see it. 

12 hours ago, X3RO said:

You think it has to do with Marks reluctance towards having more limelight.

Nah, Mike mentioned that he used to dress really embarrassingly at the early Xero shows because he thought he had to "get in character" or whatever, and that's why he doesn't want to release any video. Like the first Xero show at the Whisky he was wearing white gloves, a white beanie, and blue goggles. Jeff Blue's book says he looked like a Smurf lol.

12 hours ago, xxHybridXeroxx said:

It is bullshit. Guy’s in over his head. He upped the price after Chester passed, you’re right, I think he wants $50K. Which makes the tapes impossible to obtain, unless one of us here at LPLive wins the lottery... really sad. I’d love to see it. 

I've honestly reached the point where I think the guy doesn't actually have the footage anymore and doesn't want to admit it, so he just keeps raising the price to a more unreasonable level every time we ask him about it.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Talinda and Samantha too.

Yeah, but can they actually veto releases?

I know the band would include them out of respect, but do they have standing to legally veto a release that both the band and Warner are in favor of?

I doubt Warner would really be inclined to veto any ideas involving releasing unheard music with Chester on it, because they'd stand to make a lot of money from it. The only scenario I see that happening is if the label feels like the band is under-selling something that they think would be worth more on a different type of release. For example there could be songs that were left off the HT:20 box set because Warner felt like they'd have more success as part of a release with a smaller number of songs on it.

Whether Sam/Talinda have veto power over releases depends on what's written into the business contracts regarding the people that make up Linkin Park as a business. If they have to get everyone in unanimous agreement on something before they release it, obviously they could. If it's more of a committee vote, they could be overruled. Also keep in mind that Sam and Talinda each have half of what was Chester's share, so they each effectively make up 1/12th of the group while the remaining band members each make up 1/6th, so their voting power would be diminished in a majority-wins situation. I don't think that matters much though, the band seems like they want everybody to be happy with stuff before they release it regardless of the legal aspects.

13 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

About the Lockout rehearsal tape, we could do a crowdfunding to buy it. We can totally get 1000 people to plead some money.
---

Question:
The reanimation vocals were new takes or they used the HT ones?

About Lockout: I won't take part in a crowd funding - I just think that Ostrick guy isn't worth getting 50k or even more just because he thinks he's some kind of a VIP

The reanimation vocals were partly rerecorded and some are the original.
e.g. 1 stp klsr isn't rerecorded at all, while p5hng my a*wy has the chorus rerecorded but not the verses, I can make a list if you want. pts of authority e.g. wasn't rerecorded as well iirc

2 hours ago, LPsMart said:

About Lockout: I won't take part in a crowd funding - I just think that Ostrick guy isn't worth getting 50k or even more just because he thinks he's some kind of a VIP

The reanimation vocals were partly rerecorded and some are the original.
e.g. 1 stp klsr isn't rerecorded at all, while p5hng my a*wy has the chorus rerecorded but not the verses, I can make a list if you want. pts of authority e.g. wasn't rerecorded as well iirc

thanks! no need to make a list, just an overall curiosity.

I was thinking the same about Collision Course, and i can notice some different vocal takes... but no on reanimation.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may be a stupid question to ask, but on the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl from the Hybrid Theory Super Deluxe Boxset, at the beginning before the lyrics “I’ve got no commitment to my own flesh and blood” it skips a couple seconds of it and cuts off the word “I’ve”. Is it just my Hybrid Theory EP vinyl or do all Hybrid Theory EP vinyls have this problem? 

P.S. I noticed it when I was listening to the vinyl. This problem doesn’t occur in the rest of the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl or the Hybrid Theory and Reanimation vinyls.

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

I know this may be a stupid question to ask, but on the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl from the Hybrid Theory Super Deluxe Boxset, at the beginning before the lyrics “I’ve got no commitment to my own flesh and blood” it skips a couple seconds of it and cuts off the word “I’ve”. Is it just my Hybrid Theory EP vinyl or do all Hybrid Theory EP vinyls have this problem? 

P.S. I noticed it when I was listening to the vinyl. This problem doesn’t occur in the rest of the Hybrid Theory EP vinyl or the Hybrid Theory and Reanimation vinyls.

Just checked and no problems with mine.

On 3/9/2013 at 8:33 PM, Astat said:

No. Brad's phrasing on the main It's Goin' Down riff when LP plays it live is totally different from how it appears on the studio version. I've always assumed Mike did the guitars (part of the main guitar riff is actually sampled from Crawling as well).

but Brad played on Crawling right? so technically he's part of IGD

Does anyone know how to access the Lying From You ProShot from Jimmy Kimmel 2003? The full show on YouTube contains all the songs from the set except for OSC & LFY. But I found a tweet from LPLive in 2014 announcing the ProShot release of LFY along with a YT link that’s been blocked by Disney.(http://youtu.be/Riq_SXd5jLI)

Anyone still have it?

56 minutes ago, ChesterPortalTM said:

Does anyone know how to access the Lying From You ProShot from Jimmy Kimmel 2003? The full show on YouTube contains all the songs from the set except for OSC & LFY. But I found a tweet from LPLive in 2014 announcing the ProShot release of LFY along with a YT link that’s been blocked by Disney.(http://youtu.be/Riq_SXd5jLI)

Anyone still have it?

You can download it here:

http://lp-bits.com/details.php?id=494

Jimmy Kimmel Live performances aren't allowed on YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...