Quick question? Ask here!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you remove the laughing from the vocals of "The Wizard Song"? Also, does anyone know how to turn live audio into a more studio version type of audio? I'm looking to make a studio version of "The Wizard Song".

Edited by NJPLP

Brad thought that Faint would be 70 BPM but when he came back the next day, or so, it was then brought up to 135 BPM. Does anyone know how slower the BPM would have to be in order to get 70 BPM from 135 BPM?

Edited by NJPLP

When Mike Shinoda explained how "Iridescent" came together, "Iridescent just started with that piano bit. It was kind of like when we've done the acapella or piano and vocal versions. It kind of was that. I wrote it just piano and vocal and then built everything on top of the piano and vocal version. So not anything crazy there, it was just a very traditional writing process."

When he mentions "vocal", who's vocals does he mean? Does he mean his, Chester's, the gang vocals, which ones?

Also, for "Waiting For The End", the track originally started as drums and rap and was pretty boring to him, but he thought it had potential. As he and Chester thought of the possible vocal lines for the song, the line "Waiting for the end to come" stood out to him and that line ended up helping them finish the rest of the track.

Was the "rap" the original rapping in the final version, or was it different rapping?

On 8/26/2021 at 11:44 AM, LPsMart said:

The origin of the song is unknown

On the YouTube video of "Ground Xero", that was uploaded by LPLive Archive, I read the comments and 1 person said "It sounds like Stephen Richards from Taproot". Another person said "It's not Mark Wakefield, it's Stephen Richards" or something along the lines of that.

Edited by NJPLP

On 7/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, NJPLP said:

Does anybody know when the Esaul (Live Performance 1999) precisely happened (month wise)? Also, were Hybrid Theory (Linkin Park) signed to Warner around this time?

On 7/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, lpliveusername said:

Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. I think the only one who can help you is the person who edited the DVD. lol

No and likely no.

Well my guess on when the performance could have happened is sometime between late April/early May 1999 and July 1999, a month before they signed with Warner and re-recorded Esaul for the 2-Track demo CD. But, then again, I could be wrong.

Also, does anyone know who edited the DVD?

Also, is the live snippet of "Dialate" from Top of the Pops 2003 just the intro to "Dialate" or is it a different part of the song?

Edited by NJPLP

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, unksoldier2000 said:

mobb_kic, mobb_kic2, MOBB1_SN, MOBB1_SN2... idk which Mobb Deep song Mike sampled...

The “MOBB1_SN“ sample, that was sampled in “Dialate”, in the chorus, comes from the Mobb Deep song “Eye for an Eye (Your Beef Is Mines)”.

Not too sure if the “mobb_kic“ sample, that was also sampled in “Dialate”, is from the same song or a different Mobb Deep song, though.

23 hours ago, NJPLP said:

The “MOBB1_SN“ sample, that was sampled in “Dialate”, in the chorus, comes from the Mobb Deep song “Eye for an Eye (Your Beef Is Mines)”.

Not too sure if the “mobb_kic“ sample, that was also sampled in “Dialate”, is from the same song or a different Mobb Deep song, though.

wow, they are both from this song!

WHO WINNED EVEO 2000 CONTEST/LOCKOUT? 

i was here hearing Slip on jammin with lp video and i decided to visit the Lockout page on Linkinpedia... i read that Lockout was a series for EVEO... but that question is... who winned? i think i never saw nobody talking about this. lol.

Edited by unksoldier2000

13 hours ago, unksoldier2000 said:

WHO WINNED EVEO 2000 CONTEST/LOCKOUT? 

i was here hearing Slip on jammin with lp video and i decided to visit the Lockout page on Linkinpedia... i read that Lockout was a series for EVEO... but that question is... who winned? i think i never saw nobody talking about this. lol.

I searched up the website on the Wayback Machine (http://archive.org/web). All I found was this: https://web.archive.org/web/20000229173831/http://www.eveo.com/main.html

I could't find anything on who won the contest through the Wayback Machine.

Unrelated to this, I think Soundtrack also contains samples from Coal. (It's about 1:48 - 2:02 in the song.)

Edited by NJPLP

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I searched up the website on the Wayback Machine (http://archive.org/web). All I found was this: https://web.archive.org/web/20000229173831/http://www.eveo.com/main.html

I could't find anything on who won the contest through the Wayback Machine.

Unrelated to this, I think Soundtrack also contains samples from Coal. (It's about 1:48 - 2:02 in the song.)

it is! these samples can be heard on Mike MPC backup, great find tho!
talkin' about these sounds i need to make a topic of all samples that appears on others songs, we have alot.

On 9/28/2021 at 11:24 AM, unksoldier2000 said:

it is! these samples can be heard on Mike MPC backup, great find tho!
talkin' about these sounds i need to make a topic of all samples that appears on others songs, we have alot.

Have you made the topic or no?

Just wondering.

Edited by NJPLP