Quick question? Ask here!

40 minutes ago, RayGun4200 said:

it must be real, it's not like someone is going to make fake stuff of a movie who no one gives a shit.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/13/2021 at 10:03 AM, NJPLP said:

This is not related to Linkin Park whatsoever. Does anybody know who Karma is? I'm talking about the Karma, who's bass player was with Relative Degree.

Dave Garrett played bass for both Karma and Relative Degree. 

2 hours ago, hybrider said:

Wow. Tell us some more info about Relative Degree. Do you have any songs or demos?

I PM’d him earlier about that, but he says he doesn’t remember the names to the 12 songs he and the band wrote and rehearsed for a year, nor does he remember the setlist to the Roxy show he and the band performed at.

Edited by NJPLP

27 minutes ago, Justin said:

Lmao I love the passive aggressiveness of this sentence.

I don’t think I meant to say it as “He didn’t remember”, I think I actually meant to say is that he “doesn’t remember”.

Edited by NJPLP

22 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I don’t think I meant to say it as “He didn’t remember”, I think I actually meant to say is that he “doesn’t remember”.

I understand, that makes sense. It's great you were able to make contact with him and get this information at all! There's still a lot that we don't know about that time period.

Just now, Justin said:

I understand, that makes sense. It's great you were able to make contact with him and get this information at all! There's still a lot that we don't know about that time period.

Kind of a bummer that he doesn't remember the names of the songs he and the band wrote and rehearsed for a year or the setlist of the Relative Degree May 17, 1996 Roxy show he and the band performed at.

8 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Kind of a bummer that he doesn't remember the names of the songs he and the band wrote and rehearsed for a year or the setlist of the Relative Degree May 17, 1996 Roxy show he and the band performed at.

I know, I really wish I remembered too, trust me.  25 years ago, was a long time ago.  Plus, back then we weren't too worried about the name of the song but were more perfectionists on how it sounded.  The name was kind of an afterthought.  I wish we had some of the technology we had today to capture more of those memories too as I would love to have more stuff to look back at those times.  1995 we were still doing dial up internet and cell phones didn't have cameras and weren't smart yet lol.

On 2/10/2022 at 10:00 PM, DaveG said:

I know, I really wish I remembered too, trust me.  25 years ago, was a long time ago.  Plus, back then we weren't too worried about the name of the song but were more perfectionists on how it sounded.  The name was kind of an afterthought.  I wish we had some of the technology we had today to capture more of those memories too as I would love to have more stuff to look back at those times.  1995 we were still doing dial up internet and cell phones didn't have cameras and weren't smart yet lol.

So you guys never recorded a single song in a studio?

thanks

i appreciate that you are part of the history of the band

21 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

thanks

I'm pretty sure they recorded the songs in a studio, it's just that he can't seem to remember the names of the songs right now.

20 minutes ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

im not sure about this

it was probably one of those bands where friends jammed and created songs but never recorded them to tape.

I PM'd DaveG (Dave Garrett) about the songs and asked him if he has them even though he doesn't remember the names of the songs. He says that he has some songs on cassette somewhere. He said the quality is bad. He also said he looked for it a while back and didn't have any luck finding it. I'm kinda paraphrasing what he said, but those are his words, not mine.

Edited by NJPLP

3 hours ago, JZ-GreyDazePatheticWorship said:

thanks

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I PM'd DaveG (Dave Garrett) about the songs and asked him if he has them even though he doesn't remember the names of the songs. He says that he has some songs on cassette somewhere. He said the quality is bad. He also said he looked for it a while back and didn't have any luck finding it. I'm kinda paraphrasing what he said, but those are his words, not mine.

More on that and everything else coming soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why does the 7-Track Demo of And One have the ending of Part Of Me at the start for like a second then few seconds of silence but the 8-Track Demo has nothing of the sort? kinda weird something that kinda annoyed me time to time lol. 

On 7/23/2013 at 12:20 PM, hahninator said:

I know for a fact Pictureboard isn't She Couldn't because we released She Couldn't before LPU9 and I know Pictureboard was on the tracklisting for LPU9 but was dropped at the last minute for Across The Line by Mike.

What did the original tracklist of LPU 9 look like? Was it like this?

1. A-Six (Original Long Version 2002)

2. Faint (Demo 2002)

3. Sad (“By Myself” Demo 1999)

4. Fear (“Leave Out All The Rest” Demo 2006)
5. Figure.09 (Demo 2002)

6. Stick And Move (“Runaway” Demo 1998)

7. Pictureboard (Unreleased Demo 1999)

8. Drawing (“Breaking The Habit” Demo 2002)

9. Drum Song (“The Little Things Gove You Away” Demo 2006)

• 3 weeks later...

How can the vocal sound effects from "Nobody Can Save Me", "Battle Symphony", & "Sorry For Now" be changed?

I saw these paragraphs on the pages for each of the songs:

Nobody Can Save Me: Before One More Light was released, Mike Shinoda gave Waves a song-by-song glimpse into the album's production and mixing. For "Nobody Can Save Me", he said, "That’s one of my favorite sounds on the album. It was one of our scratch vocal tracks which we cut up and made the melody out of. There’s some basic low-pass filtering here with the Waves Linear Phase EQ, a little distortion, and a reverb with very short decay time. The filter is opened up in different sections, to make those sections feel bigger."

Battle Symphony: The title "Battle Symphony" was first seen in a picture posted on Joe Hahn's Instagram story on September 6, 2016 of Brad playing acoustic guitar with the band's song board behind him. The song is about things falling apart and putting it back together. The vocal chops came from demo scat vocals Mike Shinoda chopped up in ProTools. He used pitch shifter and alterboy, and grabbed pieces and chopped it up on the grid. Then added some effects to finalize it.

Describing how the samples in the song were made, Mike said, "I think that was part of the demo, like the vocal demo. And chopped up music from the demo, super effected. So treated both of those things together as if I sampled it, and then effected that. Played it on pads and stuff, as I recall." This was similar to how the samples in both "Nobody Can Save Me" and "Sorry For Now" were made on the album as well.

Sorry For Now: Mike Shinoda spoke about how the collaboration came together in interview to LPAssociation, "On Sorry For Now, I had a finished vocal and a rough track that the whole band liked, but we all thought the track could use some spice. We invited Blackbear and Andrew Goldstein in with me, Chester, and Brad, and we created this vocal sample drop together that took the song to a whole new level. It was really fun having people with different perspectives and talents in the room each time."

Describing how the vocal samples in the song were made, Mike said, "The high pitched voice on Sorry For Now, I think it was just a scat version of the chorus. So it may be saying 'Sorry For Now' and stuff and I just chopped it up. Or it may be saying gibberish, like some version of that. I think it may be a little bit of 'na na na.'"

• 5 weeks later...

How do you find the Junkyard Scientific song "Flight Path"? I look on the Linkinpedia website on the Junkyard Scientific page and found this link that was supposed to lead me to the song. Instead, it shows me the page, but it just says the words "Summer Be Like" and there's nothing else. Besides the words I mentioned before, the page is blank. There's no audio file that pops up for you to listen to. The link that has the song "Animal House" works, though.