Quick question? Ask here!

Did Mike produce those Xero/Hybrid Theory cassettes/CDs that are mentioned by Jeff Blue in his book? Did Mike also produce that 3/4-track cassette when he mentioned Deftest, Dialate, & Stick N Move?

Edited by NJPLP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In "Technique (Short)", Rendezvo, and "Mic", who is the person (or who are the people) that is (that are) saying "You must exercise the proper technique", "molba sekiya", "Give me the microphone", "Give me the mic", and "Phone"?

21 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

In "Technique (Short)", Rendezvo, and "Mic", who is the person (or who are the people) that is (that are) saying "You must exercise the proper technique", "molba sekiya", "Give me the microphone", "Give me the mic", and "Phone"?

Obviously it is Remy (aka Mr. Hahn/Joe).

On 3/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, NJPLP said:

the samples from Mic sound like they're from a text-to-speech-synthesizer

about the other two samples... I would rather like to know in which folder those are, I can't find any samples from Rendezvo in any folder

28 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

the samples from Mic sound like they're from a text-to-speech-synthesizer

about the other two samples... I would rather like to know in which folder those are, I can't find any samples from Rendezvo in any folder

Same folder as Mic, the one with the .snd files.

http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Hybrid_Party_Of_A_Thousand_Things#Disc_1:_Hybrid_Theory_Demos

3 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

I dunno if i asked this already but is there a quick way to convert those files to .wav? Like in a batch maybe🙄

I was actually trying to do this recently but my whole cloud got deleted, now I'm missing most of the stuff

On 3/28/2021 at 3:29 PM, cesaraugusto said:

Guys, I'm trying to figure out what notes Mike plays on "In Pieces".

I looked for some videos on YouTube but most don't play the same thing.

Can someone else helpe me?

if you mean the dung dun bun dunbun dunding etc played with that bell sound (this is notes not chords lol):

it's C4 and F and Ab4 on the first dung, F4 and Ab4 on the dun, then the bun is the C4 again, then dun and bun again, then dun and the ding is a Bb4

On the second chord it's Db4 F4 and Ab4 for the dung and duns and buns and Bb4 again on the ding

On the third chord it's Bb3 F4 and Ab4 for the dung and duns and buns and Bb4 again on the ding

The fourth is just half a bar, so dung dun bun and it's C4 F4 and Ab4 (like at the beginning)

The fifth one is also half a bar but only the dung with C4 E4 and G4 (basic C major lol)

You basically just change the bass note, play a Bb on the and of a bar and on the last bar you change the upper two notes in the middle instead of the bass note

In chords this would be:
Fm/C

Db

B5sus7 (not sure if this is correct tho it's basically a Bb chord without the third but with a natural 7th instead)

Fm/C and C

This is stupid, who would understand this? I'll transcribe it, sorry man.

2 hours ago, LPsMart said:

Can someone else helpe me?

2 hours ago, LPsMart said:

I'll transcribe it

Just the intro but I think that's the only keys throughout the song

PDF

JPG

PNG

3 hours ago, LPsMart said:

I was actually trying to do this recently but my whole cloud got deleted, now I'm missing most of the stuff

if you mean the dung dun bun dunbun dunding etc played with that bell sound (this is notes not chords lol):

it's C4 and F and Ab4 on the first dung, F4 and Ab4 on the dun, then the bun is the C4 again, then dun and bun again, then dun and the ding is a Bb4

On the second chord it's Db4 F4 and Ab4 for the dung and duns and buns and Bb4 again on the ding

On the third chord it's Bb3 F4 and Ab4 for the dung and duns and buns and Bb4 again on the ding

The fourth is just half a bar, so dung dun bun and it's C4 F4 and Ab4 (like at the beginning)

The fifth one is also half a bar but only the dung with C4 E4 and G4 (basic C major lol)

You basically just change the bass note, play a Bb on the and of a bar and on the last bar you change the upper two notes in the middle instead of the bass note

In chords this would be:
Fm/C

Db

B5sus7 (not sure if this is correct tho it's basically a Bb chord without the third but with a natural 7th instead)

Fm/C and C

This is stupid, who would understand this? I'll transcribe it, sorry man.

Just the intro but I think that's the only keys throughout the song

PDF

JPG

PNG

Holy shit, man! 👏🤘

I really appreciate your patience and dedication to explain this!

I'll do my best!

Thank you so much!!!

11 hours ago, cesaraugusto said:

Holy shit, man! 👏🤘

I really appreciate your patience and dedication to explain this!

I'll do my best!

Thank you so much!!!

no problem man!
If you're still struggling: I made audio samples with each individual finger played one at a time.

I suggest learning it in this order:

Second Finger (I use the right index finger)

Third Finger (I use the middle finger, except on the Bb - there I use my ring finger)

Both of those together

First Finger only (I use the thumb)

everything together (but clearer to hear than the original)

Please note that I didn't play this on click and I used an Roland FP7 E-Piano

using the instrument LP used live and on 160 bpm straight, each finger but it's one file

Also I made a folder for this so everything's at one spot:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zXwWNh8WsTg6YTl7LND6FD8KohDe8PmA?usp=sharing

Next thing I would do is a video, but I think after this there's no need

15 hours ago, LPsMart said:

no problem man!
If you're still struggling: I made audio samples with each individual finger played one at a time.

I suggest learning it in this order:

Second Finger (I use the right index finger)

Third Finger (I use the middle finger, except on the Bb - there I use my ring finger)

Both of those together

First Finger only (I use the thumb)

everything together (but clearer to hear than the original)

Please note that I didn't play this on click and I used an Roland FP7 E-Piano

using the instrument LP used live and on 160 bpm straight, each finger but it's one file

Also I made a folder for this so everything's at one spot:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zXwWNh8WsTg6YTl7LND6FD8KohDe8PmA?usp=sharing

Next thing I would do is a video, but I think after this there's no need

WOW! Nice, bro! 

A video tutorial would be awesome if it was possible.

👏👏👏

5 hours ago, cesaraugusto said:

WOW! Nice, bro! 

👏👏👏

The full song, of course. =D

Is there a story behind the New Divide video on YouTube being replaced w/ a version that doesn't have the Transformers footage in it? I feel like it being a licensing thing is unlikely since they're still on Iridescent, but I have no idea

On 4/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, YRQRM0 said:

Is there a story behind the New Divide video on YouTube being replaced w/ a version that doesn't have the Transformers footage in it? I feel like it being a licensing thing is unlikely since they're still on Iridescent, but I have no idea

it was discussed here several years ago https://lplive.net/forums/topic/11372-new-divide-video-modified/

On 4/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, NJPLP said:

When does that Stagelight sample of "Blue" come in during the actual song of "Blue (1998 Demo)"?

it doesn't. those are two demos of the same title. 1999 Blue also had somewhat of a final title "Over to Me"

actually this happened twice, there are also two pieces of music by LP called "Fallout"

Edited by LPsMart

Who wrote and produced the songs (demos) that were released off of Stagelight? The songs (demos) I'm talking about are Bruiser, Space Station, LP Jams 1 & 2, & Asteroids. Was it Mike?

Edited by NJPLP

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

Who wrote and produced the songs (demos) that were released off of Stagelight? The songs (demos) I'm talking about are Bruiser, Space Station, LP Jams 1 & 2, & Asteroids. Was it Mike?

Bruiser and Space Station were actual Linkin Park demos and likely created by Mike since the projects were in his computer. The others are demo tracks created for Stagelight with other sounds from the Linkin Park bundles. Not sure if the band was involved in their creation.

On 4/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, NJPLP said:

Does anyone know what the complete lyrics were on that lyric sheet from "Frat Party At The Pankake Festival" of the song "Thoughts That Take Away My Pride"?

[...] recieved

[...] they made

[...] I believed

[...] break away

[...] I'm alone

thoughts that take away my pride

trapped in places deep inside

memories I've come to fear

and I can't make them disappear

[thoughts like these return to me]

[memories trapped inside of me]

That's all I could make out, but I'm 100 % sure there's a thread for this. Someone should awake Geki from the banned. :D

Edited by LPsMart

1 hour ago, LPsMart said:

[...] recieved

[...] they [...]

[...] I believed

[...] away

[...] I'm alone

That's all I could make out, but I'm 100 % sure there's a thread for this. Someone should awake Geki from the banned. :D

From what I see on the picture of the lyric sheet of the song, the "[...] they [...]" part is actually "[...] they made".

On 4/19/2021 at 3:25 PM, LPsMart said:

[...] recieved

[...] they made

[...] I believed

[...] away

[...] I'm alone

Also, the "[...] away" part looks like it's actually "break away".

Also what are the lyrics that Chester sings that go to Japan (Across The Line Unreleased Demo 2007)?

Additionally, is Grecian a demo of Qwerty or Announcement Service Public?

And additional to that, what are the lyrics to Grecian?

Edited by NJPLP

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 11:02 PM, cesaraugusto said:

yeah, not happening, sorry man.. I did everything I could. I suggest you look up a tutorial on how to read sheet music and use the sheet music I made especially for you, along with the guidetracks that EXACTLY teach you how to play with each finger. If you don't know where notes are on a keyboard, I strongly suggest that you should learn that before asking for such things.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:02 PM, cesaraugusto said:

The full song, of course.

it is the same thing over and over and over and over again, there's nothing else happening on the keys iirc

4 hours ago, LPsMart said:

yeah, not happening, sorry man.. I did everything I could. I suggest you look up a tutorial on how to read sheet music and use the sheet music I made especially for you, along with the guidetracks that EXACTLY teach you how to play with each finger. If you don't know where notes are on a keyboard, I strongly suggest that you should learn that before asking for such things.

it is the same thing over and over and over and over again, there's nothing else happening on the keys iirc

Yes, you are correct, man! I will try to do something more with the tips you gave me. Thank you very much! 🤘