New Divide Video Modified?

Mau

Wow what the hell, The Music video on Linkin Parks youtube channel always had the transformers clips in them. I remember looking at most watched clips and New divide is the most watched LP video on their youtube. It still had the Transformers clips in them earlier this year.

Yeah, the version on LP's channel definitely used to have the Transformers scenes in it. I remember the "non-Transformers version" coming out a while after the original.

Also, the New Divide video originally premiered on LP's Myspace page before it was up anywhere else. If you look through their videos on Myspace, you'll notice that the Making Of for New Divide's video was posted way before the version of the actual music video that's currently on there: https://myspace.com/linkinpark/videos There are also 2 uploads for New Divide itself, both of which are the "non-Transformers version." So they obviously took the original video down and re-uploaded the other version at some point. Not sure how they managed to do it on Youtube and keep the original upload stats, I don't think Youtube's editor lets you swap in an entirely different video!

Something's definitely going on here. It's like the original version that included the Transformers footage doesn't even exist anymore in terms of LP's official media outlets.

*Edit* The original video was uploaded in May 2009, while the "non-Transformers version" first appeared on iTunes in July: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29797

Edited by Astat

But the REAL question is, how does one replace a video with a completely different one on Youtube without having to re-upload it and reset the views?

There are ways to do this and since LP is the biggest band on YouTube they are able to do these kinds of things. In that Google Glass video that got removed because it was recorded without Mike's knowledge, he admits that Facebook and YouTube work directly with LP to do things. And I've known for a while that LP or their mgmt can send a link to YouTube and something can be taken down in a matter of minutes. Crazy.

There are ways to do this and since LP is the biggest band on YouTube they are able to do these kinds of things. In that Google Glass video that got removed because it was recorded without Mike's knowledge, he admits that Facebook and YouTube work directly with LP to do things. And I've known for a while that LP or their mgmt can send a link to YouTube and something can be taken down in a matter of minutes. Crazy.

I wonder if they care about the Meteora instrumentals being all over youtube. I also was curious to see that Google glass video myself, which apparently doesn't exist anywhere anymore lol

Since audio tracks can be replaced and videos edited I don't think it's impossible to replace an entire video.

Probably it is possible now, maybe they have introduced this option somehow recently, or this is just one small exception, which admin of youtube did, when was asked by the publisher.The fact is that, this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0) is the same from 2009.

I wonder if they care about the Meteora instrumentals being all over youtube. I also was curious to see that Google glass video myself, which apparently doesn't exist anywhere anymore lol

I am not curious to see the Google Glass video, thanks to AndOne LOL

and I'm sure the Band's reaction to the public will be like "meh" while they're (or Warner) secretly complaining that "These fans are too crazy"