Quick question? Ask here!

Which One Step Closer performance was it in which during the "Shut Up" bridge in which Mike sings "blood is pouring"? Which performance was it? I remember hearing it one time on YouTube, but now I can't remember where the performance was.

Edited by NJPLP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

Which One Step Closer performance was it in which during the "Shut Up" bridge in which Mike sings "blood is pouring"? Which performance was it? I remember hearing it one time on YouTube, but now I can't remember where the performance was.

My guess would be Rock Am Ring 2004. Though I know he sung it in other performances.

6 hours ago, NJPLP said:

is it really Mike? I thought that one was Jonathan Davis. the one from LPU 4, correct?

That entire summer tour stretch in Europe and Asia of 9 shows, Mike did it. Sadly it seems the only two recordings of it are Rock am Ring and Lisbon. It's a shame their full Download 2004 show was not recorded/released.

On Projekt Revolution 2004, Jonathan didn't come out at the last show in Mountain View and thankfully there's a tremendous recording of that show.

And then Brazil 2004, too. But there isn't a great quality version of it.

So, this might be a stupid question but how come the Hard Rock Cafe Orlando, FL live show from Oct 16, 2000 isn't uploaded in the archives? This would be the same show that is in the bootleg Splitting the DNA album. I lived in Florida for most my life (only recently just moved) and I have been to the Hard Rock Cafe several times for Modest Mouse, Bright Eyes, and even the Game Grumps. There is a wall full of framed photos of bands that have played there and their dates. Linkin Park is up on this wall. Also, within the audio Chester can be heard saying "Hey hey, Orlando!" and Mike can be heard saying, "We have an album coming out in a week. It's called Hybrid Theory" which lines up as Hybrid Theory was released Oct 24, 2000.
Is it because it's on a bootleg album and more info is needed to solidify it as certain?

56 minutes ago, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

So, this might be a stupid question but how come the Hard Rock Cafe Orlando, FL live show from Oct 16, 2000 isn't uploaded in the archives? This would be the same show that is in the bootleg Splitting the DNA album. I lived in Florida for most my life (only recently just moved) and I have been to the Hard Rock Cafe several times for Modest Mouse, Bright Eyes, and even the Game Grumps. There is a wall full of framed photos of bands that have played there and their dates. Linkin Park is up on this wall. Also, within the audio Chester can be heard saying "Hey hey, Orlando!" and Mike can be heard saying, "We have an album coming out in a week. It's called Hybrid Theory" which lines up as Hybrid Theory was released Oct 24, 2000.
Is it because it's on a bootleg album and more info is needed to solidify it as certain?

I think you got the date mixed up. On October 16, 2000, the show was in Houston, Texas, which hasn't been confirmed if it was played or not. I found it on here in the 2000 & earlier shows by looking up the date you mentioned.

Edited by NJPLP

8 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I think you got the date mixed up. On October 16, 2000, the show was in Houston, Texas, which hasn't been confirmed if it was played or not. I found it on here in the 2000 & earlier shows by looking up the date you mentioned.

WAIT! You are right, I am wrong. Mike said a "week before Halloween in October" not a "week from now." Sorry about that.

Ok ok, so there is no official date for this performance then. All I got to go off is my memory and obviously that is wrong lol. So this is most likely is Orlando, FL (in my opinion) and if it is then I am sure it is the Hard Rock Cafe (because the frame picture there on the wall has a date) and it's def before October and in the year 2000 based on context of how they talk about the album release. This would potentially place it in September then possibly the 12th based on the dates you provided.
Shoot, I just moved. I was an hour from Orlando when I was in Florida. And I haven't been to Hard Rock since Game Grumps in 2017. I wonder if I could call and get verification. say I'm writing a paper XD

EDIT: Or It could be the July 24, 2000 show lol. I wish I took a picture of the frame photo as it had a date. All I know is was early, before Meteora.

Ok, so I finally found the picture and date is 11/15/2000 so I was absolutely wrong on that bootleg performance. I definitely misremembered what Mike said.  But having  re-listened to Mike and Chester's comments throughout the performance just now I feel very strongly that the July 24, 2000 show at The Sapphire in Orlando, Florida is most likely the bootleg performance. Mike's comment about the "album being released a week before Halloween" means this performance is 2000 and the only time they played in Orlando before the album release (according to what info is on the list provided) is The Sapphire. They played at the Hard Rock Live in Orlando after the album release and the date I remember seeing on the framed photo is the same the aligns up here.

I know I'm changing my mind here but I'm now going on the context of info instead of my memory. Not enough to pin it but I feel strongly about it now. Thanks for correcting me, NJPLP.
I also found where I got the October date. It was a YouTube video.

Edited by TheVeryLastDinosaur

5 hours ago, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

Ok, so I finally found the picture and date is 11/15/2000 so I was absolutely wrong on that bootleg performance. I definitely misremembered what Mike said.

Can you provide this picture?

5 hours ago, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

But having  re-listened to Mike and Chester's comments throughout the performance just now I feel very strongly that the July 24, 2000 show at The Sapphire in Orlando, Florida is most likely the bootleg performance. Mike's comment about the "album being released a week before Halloween" means this performance is 2000 and the only time they played in Orlando before the album release (according to what info is on the list provided) is The Sapphire.

https://lplive.net/shows/2000andearlier/20000916

During "Stick N Move", the strings in the song are sampled from Giacomo Puccini's Madama Butterfly, Act II: "Un bel dì vedremo". When does the sample occur in "Stick N Move" and where in the sampled song "Un bel dì vedremo" is the part where it's sampled in "Stick N Move"?

Stick N Move (Xero Demo) (Mark Wakefield): 

Stick N Move (Demo) (Chester Bennington):

Giacomo Puccini - Madame Butterfly: Un Bel Di Vedremo

Edited by NJPLP

On 1/18/2021 at 11:18 AM, NJPLP said:

On 1/18/2021 at 1:19 PM, TheVeryLastDinosaur said:

My guess would be Rock Am Ring 2004. Though I know he sung it in other performances.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:58 PM, yagamilight207 said:

is it really Mike? I thought that one was Jonathan Davis. the one from LPU 4, correct?

On 1/18/2021 at 7:15 PM, itworkedforkurt said:

NJPLP's most likely referring to the RAR 04 show. Jonathan came out on most dates of the Projekt Revolution tour to sing that part.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:19 PM, yagamilight207 said:

On 1/18/2021 at 7:23 PM, itworkedforkurt said:

Yep. Mike probably did it a few times that year but I haven't checked.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, LPLStaff said:

That entire summer tour stretch in Europe and Asia of 9 shows, Mike did it. Sadly it seems the only two recordings of it are Rock am Ring and Lisbon. It's a shame their full Download 2004 show was not recorded/released.

On Projekt Revolution 2004, Jonathan didn't come out at the last show in Mountain View and thankfully there's a tremendous recording of that show.

And then Brazil 2004, too. But there isn't a great quality version of it.

Guys, what? Mike did this for most of the Meteora touring cycle. He did it at all the LPU tour and PR03 shows, and was still doing it at the start of Summer Sanitarium (Pontiac 7/4, Toronto 7/5). He didn't do it from East Rutherford on 7/8 onwards, so either that show or Foxboro on 7/6 was when he stopped. He didn't do it anymore through the end of the year, then he started doing it again pretty early into the U.S. Meteora World Tour in 2004. The first recording of him doing it that year was at Rosemont on 1/29, and then at the next show in Madison (1/30) he started doing a mix of it where he'd hype the crowd up for the first half of the bridge and then sing the "blood is pouring" line the second half (so he only sang it 3 times instead of 6). He also did this version at Colorado Spring on 2/2, Sunrise on 3/4, and Inglewood on 3/15, while he did the full version at Long Beach on 2/5 and Portland on 2/14. There were also still some shows where he didn't do it at all (Nashville 2/29), so it seemed to be kind of hit and miss depending on what he felt like doing on a given night during that period. Then on the June Europe/Southeast Asia tour he seemed to start doing the "half" version regularly at every show. Then he did the full version again at Mountain View and Sao Paolo at the end of the tour in September.

The only periods where he wasn't doing some variation of it were the second half of 2003, the first few shows of 2004 (then intermittently from late January through March), and Projekt Revolution 2004 when Jonathan Davis was doing it. It's on a bunch of proshot/SBD recordings (Nottingham, CD:UK, $2 Bill, the One Step Closer live track on the Faint single, Rock Am Ring).

On 1/25/2021 at 10:33 AM, NJPLP said:

During "Stick N Move", the strings in the song are sampled from Giacomo Puccini's Madama Butterfly, Act II: "Un bel dì vedremo". When does the sample occur in "Stick N Move" and where in the sampled song "Un bel dì vedremo" is the part where it's sampled in "Stick N Move"?

Stick N Move (Xero Demo) (Mark Wakefield): 

Stick N Move (Demo) (Chester Bennington):

Giacomo Puccini - Madame Butterfly: Un Bel Di Vedremo

This is a mistake we need to fix - the song that samples that piece is Reading My Eyes, not Stick and Move. The intro to Reading My Eyes is one of the "101strg" samples from Mike's MPC library pitched up and sped up a bunch.

6 hours ago, NJPLP said:

Is Mark Wakefield in Amongst Wolves or is that a different Mark Wakefield?

Different guy.

9 hours ago, Astat said:

This is a mistake we need to fix - the song that samples that piece is Reading My Eyes, not Stick and Move. The intro to Reading My Eyes is one of the "101strg" samples from Mike's MPC library pitched up and sped up a bunch.

which folder is it in?

21 hours ago, Astat said:

Is this the sample you were talking about?

101strg2