Quick question? Ask here!

3 hours ago, LPsMart said:

It's not Mark Wakefield

What do you mean? How is it not Mark Wakefield? It says on Linkinpedia, since it didn't sound like the band Wakefield, and since it wasn't the band Wakefield at all, based purely on the voice and the fact that no one have ever been able to attribute it to any other artist, it is believed to be a Mark Wakefield solo song.

Edited by NJPLP

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

What do you mean? How is it not Mark Wakefield? It says on Linkinpedia, since it didn't sound like the band Wakefield, and since it wasn't the band Wakefield at all, based purely on the voice and the fact that no one have ever been able to attribute it to any other artist, it is believed to be a Mark Wakefield solo song.

I mean Mike has stated that this is not a Mark Wakefield song iirc

On 2/3/2021 at 8:28 PM, NJPLP said:

Is this the sample you were talking about?

101strg2

On 2/4/2021 at 4:53 AM, LPsMart said:

probably.. I only have them as .snd sadly

So I was actually wrong about this, that sample isn't in Reading My Eyes OR Stick N Move, and I don't think it's used in any of the Xero tracks at all. The "101strg" samples are from Madama Butterfly, but I can't find anywhere that they were actually used.

The Reading My Eyes intro sample I was thinking of is actually from "Why You Treat Me So Bad" by Club Nouveau, which is credited on WhoSampled.

18 hours ago, LPsMart said:

I mean Mike has stated that this is not a Mark Wakefield song iirc

Somebody asked Mike about it in a chat once and he completely misinterpreted the question (in typical Mike style) and said that it wasn't a Xero track. Nobody asked if it was a Xero track, lol.

I still think it sounds like Mark (a bit less so now that there's a lot more material with Mark on it around than there used to be), but every couple years since I first found that track like 16 years ago I go on a crazy search to try and find more information about it, and I've always come up empty. Every resource that references the song either thinks it's the band Wakefield, Mark Wakefield, or they erroneously match the lyrics to an unrelated song called Ground Zero by a different band.

If it's not Mark, I have a feeling it's a track from some completely unknown band that uploaded it on Myspace or Purevolume back in the early 2000's and it just ended up on filesharing networks. Maybe it was another band that used the name Wakefield that's completely disappeared from the Internet.

On 1/25/2021 at 1:33 PM, NJPLP said:

During "Stick N Move", the strings in the song are sampled from Giacomo Puccini's Madama Butterfly, Act II: "Un bel dì vedremo". When does the sample occur in "Stick N Move" and where in the sampled song "Un bel dì vedremo" is the part where it's sampled in "Stick N Move"?

On 2/4/2021 at 7:53 AM, LPsMart said:

probably.. I only have them as .snd sadly

On 2/6/2021 at 4:28 AM, Astat said:

So I was actually wrong about this, that sample isn't in Reading My Eyes OR Stick N Move, and I don't think it's used in any of the Xero tracks at all. The "101strg" samples are from Madama Butterfly, but I can't find anywhere that they were actually used.

You guys can download the MPC software as a free trial and open the Stick N Move projects from the "MIKE MPC" folder to see where in the song those samples are used. I can't do it because my license has expired.

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-software

On 2/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, lpliveusername said:

You guys can download the MPC software as a free trial and open the Stick N Move projects from the "MIKE MPC" folder to see where in the song those samples are used. I can't do it because my license has expired.

https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-software

My trial is  up too, used it waay before the stuff from mike came out. Is there any chance someone has converted all those samples with the .snd extension to .wav?

Hey did No Roads Left, Across The Line and Rolling In The Deep get released only on iTunes?

On 2/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, Robrobbsen said:

My trial is  up too, used it waay before the stuff from mike came out. Is there any chance someone has converted all those samples with the .snd extension to .wav?

If you get it please let me know, I got tired of looking for those and that Hybrid Party Of A Thousand Things with no success.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, xeroboi said:

Wonder if we'll ever get that one  

Which one?

35 minutes ago, MetalNacional said:

Hey did No Roads Left, Across The Line and Rolling In The Deep get released only on iTunes?

No, I believe you can find the iTunes Festival EP on various digital stores now. I see you're from Brazil, so that means the EP is available on Spotify on your country. If you mean the single, I think it isn't available anywhere anymore. At least that's what it says here.

The original version of No Roads Left is available on the tour edition of Minutes To Midnight, but no digital store has it anymore as far as I know. The new version was included in the Minute To Midnight picture disc that came out in 2017. The iTunes deluxe version of the album from 2013 is now available in other digital stores with that version. It includes Across The Line too, but the only place to purchase the original version of Across The Line is the LPU store.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

No, I believe you can find the iTunes Festival EP on various digital stores now. I see you're from Brazil, so that means the EP is available on Spotify on your country. If you mean the single, I think it isn't available anywhere anymore. At least that's what it says here.

The original version of No Roads Left is available on the tour edition of Minutes To Midnight, but no digital store has it anymore as far as I know. The new version was included in the Minute To Midnight picture disc that came out in 2017. The iTunes deluxe version of the album from 2013 is now available in other digital stores with that version. It includes Across The Line too, but the only place to purchase the original version of Across The Line is the LPU store.

Thank you! I completely forgot No Roads Left was released on disc. I was just wondering if they were available out there in lossless format, specially Rolling In The Deep.

I was wondering about the whole EP actually because I just saw it on Tidal and it has a 'Master' tag on it.

2 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

The original version of No Roads Left is available on the tour edition of Minutes To Midnight, but no digital store has it anymore as far as I know.

Also, here.

57 minutes ago, MetalNacional said:

Thank you! I completely forgot No Roads Left was released on disc. I was just wondering if they were available out there in lossless format, specially Rolling In The Deep.

RITD is available in lossless also here.

I was wondering about the whole EP actually because I just saw it on Tidal and it has a 'Master' tag on it.

The 'Master' means the source file that comes directly from the studio. Sometimes that can be lossless 24-bit, sometimes just 16-bit CD quality.

2 hours ago, martinez said:

Also, here.

Oh, nice. Too bad it's album-only.

3 hours ago, MetalNacional said:

2 hours ago, martinez said:

The 'Master' means the source file that comes directly from the studio. Sometimes that can be lossless 24-bit, sometimes just 16-bit CD quality.

I think it actually means the release is available in MQA, which is a format Tidal claims to be lossless but it's actually lossy. The result is a big file with low quality. There's a lot of controversy around it.

https://tidal.com/masters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Quality_Authenticated

4 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

I think it actually means the release is available in MQA, which is a format Tidal claims to be lossless but it's actually lossy. The result is a big file with low quality. There's a lot of controversy around it.

https://tidal.com/masters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Quality_Authenticated

I don't know what depends on a different format but 24-bit lossless of full HT20 album in flac was legit.

Do you guys think, that if NRL and ATL get released on Spotify eventually (I suppose MTM:20), that there's hope that it's the original tracks? 

I kinda doubt it and it makes me sad, 'cause I dislike the 2013 versions. I mean.. no need for the Acetate version of ATL, but at least the officially released one.

Hope's are also up for "Japan" being on MTM:20, even though it might not be that different from ATL

25 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

Do you guys think, that if NRL and ATL get released on Spotify eventually (I suppose MTM:20), that there's hope that it's the original tracks? 

I kinda doubt it and it makes me sad, 'cause I dislike the 2013 versions. I mean.. no need for the Acetate version of ATL, but at least the officially released one.

Hope's are also up for "Japan" being on MTM:20, even though it might not be that different from ATL

Strongly hope so, hoping for NRL with Chester on vocals too 

34 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

100%. We'll make sure to reiterate to them about the wrong and right versions. They'll totally understand once we explain it.

I allready asked in the shoutbox but maybe here is a better place, i need help with a synth tone mike used when producing These Dreams a few streams ago.

2.8 Producing Jordin Laine's "These Dreams" at around 1 hour 51 minutes. 

I´m trying to get a similar sound on the prophet from arturia for a few days now but nothing sounds even close, is anyone here maybe able to help me out on this one?

• 3 weeks later...

During the first and second pre-choruses of "Could Have Been", around the 0:51 mark to 0:53 mark, and from the 1:40/1:41 mark to the 1:43 mark, what is Chester singing in the background? It sounds like the word "go", but I'm not too sure.

Edited by NJPLP

21 hours ago, NJPLP said:

During the first and second pre-choruses of "Could Have Been", around the 0:51 mark to 0:53 mark, and from the 1:40/1:41 mark to the 1:43 mark, what is Chester singing in the background? It sounds like the word "go", but I'm not too sure.

alone again // you go away

On 2/14/2021 at 1:48 AM, Robrobbsen said:

is anyone here maybe able to help me out on this one?

can you upload a sample of your work in progress, so it can be found out in which direction to move the sound

Edited by LPsMart

2 hours ago, LPsMart said:

can you upload a sample of your work in progress, so it can be found out in which direction to move the sound

Not really saved anything, since nothing worked none of the 100+ presets sound anything close so i just figured its some kind of effects unit mike has. I thought maybe someonce would maybe know but it seems there is more to the sound than just the prophet.