04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cover was awful, why would they even cover that song? Lame. LP just keeps going further downhill.

Rather, it goes down with an IQ (or hearing) of many fans (still fans?). As with you.

Chester sang it amazingly perfect! Great cover, and a pleasant surprise. Especially for UK fans.

Are you really think that's actually heavy/old songs ? :blink:

you are wrong, man" ;)

That's new songs, and they not heavy.

Yeah! The Catalyst is my favourite ballad and I cry my eyes out almost everytime i listen When They Come For Me ..

/sarcasm

well the Itunes show blows kroqs show out of the water, I really like the cover song is good shows the band in a new way yeah i would love to hear with you or figure 09 again one day hope it will come. Now i have read most of the posts today trying to get my itunes to stream the show which it never worked but all this talk about setlists is never ending the only way for everyone to be would be for them to play all the albums back to back right? which wont happen until the end of there career. I like ATS alot this album has really grown on me since sept after the catalyst came out. The 2 things that really bother me are number 1 Them Touring less and less in the US i am from seattle we have not had a show in the state of washington since PR07 in Auburn i just get over that they would fly for 20 hours over seas more often then a 9 hour bus ride or 4 hour flight from cali to seattle any ideas? cause i am out Number 2 The price raise for LPU which i was with from the 2nd year till now since i cant afford it in these times with everyone making less money and prices of everything going up well there goes my first ramble still an LP fan for life.

iTunes probably won't post the video by the looks of it. Instead I think they'll be uploading it as an album on iTunes and you'll have to purchase it there.

There will be a EP,no Vedio :(

This was an amazing show. I surprisingly got up at 6 to watch it. I had to watch it while driving to work (which, I dont recommend doing) so my single cut in and out a little. But otherwise awesome show. Lucky I arrived to work early and got to watch the encore without having to drive. Awesome!

Awesome show. Now we must wait for some sort of release :)

awesome man thanks! :)

One, after the cover it appeared to me once again this year that it seems like the band is rushing things live. Like, they are in a big hurry to play the next song and not taking their time to talk between them. In 2007 even, like listen to Auburn after POA...Chester is blowing up. In 2011 it's pissing me off that almost every time Chester talks to the crowd, the next song starts asap. Leipzig with BITS, London with WJL, etc. The songs are starting so quickly now after the band talks for a sentence or two and it literally interrupts them. It's annoying to me slightly. Anyone else notice this? Papercut at London night 2 2010. It happens almost every single show on the ATS cycle. VERY noticeable to me.

This. This. This. This.

What I've Done from this tour is another example... This whole thing is really annoying in my opinion and I'm not appreciative of it at all. I mean, they don't talk much to the crowd in general (which is something I completely hate about their shows), but you can't cut Chester off if he wants to say something...

But the thing is... what is so good about the talking? They'll say the same things at every show... god you guys find something to complain about in absolutely everything.

It'll all be variations of:

"You guys are the best crowd ever!"

"Wow you guys are beautiful!"

etc.

There are such things as curfews so they have a certain amount of time. If they talked more and cut songs, you guys would whine about that.

-___________________-

But the thing is... what is so good about the talking? They'll say the same things at every show... god you guys find something to complain about in absolutely everything.

It'll all be variations of:

"You guys are the best crowd ever!"

"Wow you guys are beautiful!"

etc.

There are such things as curfews so they have a certain amount of time. If they talked more and cut songs, you guys would whine about that.

have to agree in a way. I like interaction, it makes the crowd feel like special i guess. But repeating the like "best crowd ever" "and beautiful people in the house" over and over again really gets old and makes me cringe. If you want to talk, talk about something meaningful or complement the crowd on something you observe. Not just a generic chester line that he throws at almost every show.

Edited by GraDoN

Thanks, and FLAC would be great.

I'll do that later today cause i don't have time ATM and i still have to do the tracking etc with the FLAc version.

And btw, it should have been done after the show but i lost my internet connection and my landline lmao :P

Edited by michalangelo

I'll do that later today cause i don't have time ATM and i still have to do the tracking etc with the FLAc version.

And btw, it should have been done after the show but i lost my internet connection and my landline lmao :P

You recorded only audio?

Christ on a bike that took some reading hah! Show was awesome even though quite a bit of it was similar to download. Crowd were awesome which surprised as majority of people had just applied through the itunes website and not the auction :) Was great to see BITS live finally in UK - really enjoyed it! Have to say sometimes the mics were quiet when talking in between songs and sometimes in the songs as well - neon trees were louder which was a little gutting but in the main it wasn't much of a problem but would have been nice to get the usual indoor volume which pumps in your chest! The cover was amazing and everyone seemed to really enjoy it though going into wj&l and iridescent did kill it a bit for people around me though I was screaming my lungs out :D was amazed they were allowed to perform wj&l with the problems they had on dsps! Oh that reminds mike got some guy at side stage to stop wj&l as obviously he interrupted chester which was amusing but I always thought it was joe that controlled the backing tracks?

Only thing I will say is I was gutted blackout wasn't played but I did tweet before the show saying they hadn't soundchecked the electric pads that chester uses for that and w&k so I expected it wouldn't be played! Would have just had the extra bit to the encore and would have been nice to see it in UK - hopefully it will make an appearance in next albums touring cycle or bring w&k back at least! However on the whole I will stand by what I said last night when I say of the 7 times I've seen them that may well have been the best!