04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ on a bike that took some reading hah! Show was awesome even though quite a bit of it was similar to download. Crowd were awesome which surprised as majority of people had just applied through the itunes website and not the auction :) Was great to see BITS live finally in UK - really enjoyed it! Have to say sometimes the mics were quiet when talking in between songs and sometimes in the songs as well - neon trees were louder which was a little gutting but in the main it wasn't much of a problem but would have been nice to get the usual indoor volume which pumps in your chest! The cover was amazing and everyone seemed to really enjoy it though going into wj&l and iridescent did kill it a bit for people around me though I was screaming my lungs out :D was amazed they were allowed to perform wj&l with the problems they had on dsps! Oh that reminds mike got some guy at side stage to stop wj&l as obviously he interrupted chester which was amusing but I always thought it was joe that controlled the backing tracks?

Only thing I will say is I was gutted blackout wasn't played but I did tweet before the show saying they hadn't soundchecked the electric pads that chester uses for that and w&k so I expected it wouldn't be played! Would have just had the extra bit to the encore and would have been nice to see it in UK - hopefully it will make an appearance in next albums touring cycle or bring w&k back at least! However on the whole I will stand by what I said last night when I say of the 7 times I've seen them that may well have been the best!

No, Dylan starts the samples from the side of the stage/behind the stage. I asked Pooch about this a few years ago and he forwarded me to Dylan, who had all of this to say. Hopefully this will help people understand :)

His comments to me from PR08: " I start the samples from stage left, next to the monitor console. I get a cue from Joe on Cure for the itch and start the track from our Protools playback rig. On What Ive Done, One Step Closer, etc. it is the same... i get a cue from the guys (whoever is closest to me at the time usually) and i start the sample. For the intro, i start the samples also, my cue is a musical cue, depending on the song following the Street Drum Corps intro i anticipate the end (there is a bit of latency from the time i push start till playback accually starts) so that the intro starts about the same every night."

"At the begining of the show when all the band guys are ready they make a call over the radio that all of the crew can hear, even at FOH and that is when they fade the lights, after the lights are faded and the crowd begins to mellow down, that is my cue to start the show. ALL the songs are started by me, I either get musical cues or a "go" cue from Rob for all the songs. For example: WID is a musical cue (album version), I start the samples at the last chord that Mike plays, but LOATR, SOTD and In Pieces, i get a go cue from Rob and i start the samples, there is a count that only Mike and Rob can hear until the actual samples that you hear start. It is either one of those 2 ways that ALL of the songs get started, only exception is Pushing me away ("acoustic" version) Mike and Chester are going all by themselves ;-)."

" You are right every song that includes the "rest" of the band (not only Mike and Chester) i start; some songs like QWERTY, A place for my head, BIO, etc. that have no samples i start the song by sending a count that only Rob can hear so i appears like he is starting the song but he is getting a click from me, then he clicks everyone else in to start the song. And that goes for ALL of your other examples as well, including Valentines day etc. "

In regards to New Divide in 2009:

"Mike actually is playing the synth intro stuff, then i start the beginning of the song and click track goes to the guys in their ears. Joe plays the main hook part in the intro etc. hope that answers your questions."

But the thing is... what is so good about the talking? They'll say the same things at every show... god you guys find something to complain about in absolutely everything.

It'll all be variations of:

"You guys are the best crowd ever!"

"Wow you guys are beautiful!"

etc.

There are such things as curfews so they have a certain amount of time. If they talked more and cut songs, you guys would whine about that.

-___________________-

Posted Image

What have I complained about this tour besides this? Nothing lol. It is a FACT that the samples/songs start too soon and interrupt Chester, whether you want to admit it or not. Yeah he says generic stuff each show but at least he talks. Of course there are curfews and stuff but that has nothing to do with what I am saying. Your post is very irrelevant. I'm talking about when Chester is in the middle of a phrase a song starts. Cutting songs has nothing to do with this. Reread my post.

will be up in 10 mins :)

I'll wait. ;)

BTW, I'm noticed interesting fact at this Summer tour, Linkin Park started Summer tour since the concert on the radio K-ROQ was the first webcast of the summer tour, and closed their Summer tour in England yesterday , there also was webcast, what do you think is it coincidence ?

Dude, get a clue, Mike runs LP. If you don't like it, that's cool, but it doesn't change what is painfully obvious to everyone but you. Everyone puts their two cents in, but Mike is the mastermind behind it all. Stop your complaining already. The days of Hybrid Theory are over, deal with it, or follow a different band.

This. QFT. Mike doesn't do EVERYTHING but he is in command of the show and in command of the band in the studio, ie: head honcho. LP went to him when they had to write New Divide for Tranformers (read the Kerrang interview) and said "Yo Mike, whatcha got?" Mike flew LP members out to HIS tour bus on the Fort Minor World Tour just to write stuff for Minutes To Midnight. Watch their DVDs, Mike is the boss man in the band. He plays like 70 different instruments on stage, he came up with the LPU Summits and LPU ideas, etc.

I'll wait. ;)

BTW, I'm noticed interesting fact at this Summer tour, Linkin Park started Summer tour since the concert on the radio K-ROQ was the first webcast of the summer tour, and closed their Summer tour in England yesterday , there also was webcast, what do you think is it coincidence ?

Nothing special imho, if it wasnt for warner we could end up with several webcasts. One time i went to the 1st and the last european tour concert. now that was something great :P

Yeah it was like that last night haha, i had one luckily though ;)

Nice too see Chester sign the second verse of Numb like the album, the "holding too tightly" part.

By far the best gig i have EVER been too!

No, Dylan starts the samples from the side of the stage/behind the stage. I asked Pooch about this a few years ago and he forwarded me to Dylan, who had all of this to say. Hopefully this will help people understand :)

His comments to me from PR08: " I start the samples from stage left, next to the monitor console. I get a cue from Joe on Cure for the itch and start the track from our Protools playback rig. On What Ive Done, One Step Closer, etc. it is the same... i get a cue from the guys (whoever is closest to me at the time usually) and i start the sample. For the intro, i start the samples also, my cue is a musical cue, depending on the song following the Street Drum Corps intro i anticipate the end (there is a bit of latency from the time i push start till playback accually starts) so that the intro starts about the same every night."

"At the begining of the show when all the band guys are ready they make a call over the radio that all of the crew can hear, even at FOH and that is when they fade the lights, after the lights are faded and the crowd begins to mellow down, that is my cue to start the show. ALL the songs are started by me, I either get musical cues or a "go" cue from Rob for all the songs. For example: WID is a musical cue (album version), I start the samples at the last chord that Mike plays, but LOATR, SOTD and In Pieces, i get a go cue from Rob and i start the samples, there is a count that only Mike and Rob can hear until the actual samples that you hear start. It is either one of those 2 ways that ALL of the songs get started, only exception is Pushing me away ("acoustic" version) Mike and Chester are going all by themselves ;-)."

" You are right every song that includes the "rest" of the band (not only Mike and Chester) i start; some songs like QWERTY, A place for my head, BIO, etc. that have no samples i start the song by sending a count that only Rob can hear so i appears like he is starting the song but he is getting a click from me, then he clicks everyone else in to start the song. And that goes for ALL of your other examples as well, including Valentines day etc. "

In regards to New Divide in 2009:

"Mike actually is playing the synth intro stuff, then i start the beginning of the song and click track goes to the guys in their ears. Joe plays the main hook part in the intro etc. hope that answers your questions."

thanks for this clarification :)

btw: great performance