04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in the recording of the show that you can see right now on iTunes they removed a lot of things! It's not censored, ok, but they cut the crowd on the intro, the false start of Rolling in the Deep and Wisdom, Justice and Love!!! :( :( :(

But in the recording of the show that you can see right now on iTunes they removed a lot of things! It's not censored, ok, but they cut the crowd on the intro, the false start of Rolling in the Deep and Wisdom, Justice and Love!!! :( :( :(

it's bad...but...on the other hand...we have a full show with a fantastic quality ;-) no mobile phone video :D

Merged the Rolling In The Deep on iTunes thread in Got News? with this one.

Yeah I imagined the quality wouldn't be the best since LP hasn't had time to mix their show yet, aka Pooch is still mixing other shows first :P

I imagined the quality wouldn't be the best since LP hasn't had time to mix their show yet, aka Pooch is still mixing other shows first :P

I would think the exact opposite. Without time to butcher the recording with overdubs, cuts, and the most jarring crowd mixing ever, it should be GREAT! After listening to a years worth of DSP's, it was refreshing and great to hear LP's live show before Pooch could fuck it all up. No offense to him if he's doing what he's told, but I highly doubt Mike Shinoda called him up and said, "Hey, can you jack the audience noise up 5000% then completely mute it randomly? Thanks!" End of rant and / or I hope the US iTunes store sells the Adele cover soon.

I would think the exact opposite. Without time to butcher the recording with overdubs, cuts, and the most jarring crowd mixing ever, it should be GREAT! After listening to a years worth of DSP's, it was refreshing and great to hear LP's live show before Pooch could fuck it all up. No offense to him if he's doing what he's told, but I highly doubt Mike Shinoda called him up and said, "Hey, can you jack the audience noise up 5000% then completely mute it randomly? Thanks!" End of rant and / or I hope the US iTunes store sells the Adele cover soon.

This. Props to you for saying it as I feel the same. No disrespect to Pooch. He's a cool guy, has time for the fans and does a great job overall. However, when I purchased 6 DSP's earlier in the year, I was really disappointed with the quality. Each show I bought was so inconsistent. I bought NY (with Jay-Z), Dortmund, Paris, Canberra, Tampa and Tel Aviv. The sound of the NY DSP is probably the best but Dortmund is bad!

Call me naive but I was hoping they'd sound just like the live tracks from the LPU cd's.

I like my music loud and even up full blast with my headphones on, the sound quality is quite poor on a lot of tracks.

I thought the iTunes show was fantastic and I've been listening to the audio rip provided by blackchester.

I'd be interested to see if the DSP will be better/worse/same as the audio rip.

On a slightly related note, I love TC but I'm not a fan of it live due to the vocoder thingy. However, I've been listening to the iTunes performance of TC non-stop purely because of Chaz's epic roar of awesomeness (I like how Mike sings the 'broken people...' part near the end too)! Chaz did the roar in Canberra to but nowhere near as epic. I love when he incorporates screams/roars like that into his performances such as SIB (extended intro on NY DSP), FTI (extended intro), NMS (on occasion), Points (NY DSP) etc. It literally send chills through my body.

I love when they slightly change up a song (I think we all do). I'm pretty sick of OSC but I like the iTunes performance due to the way Chaz finished off the outro. Its different and it refreshes the song for me.

I wonder if Chester thinks about & plans these roars/screams/change in vocals before he does the song or if it just comes out during the performance.

Overall, I f-in loved the iTunes show and would really think about buying the DSP...if I like the sound quality :)

If anybody has the London DSP from November 10th last year. Listen to the version of The Catalyst there and listen to the any version of the song recently and they sound way different. They sound like they are underwater now lol.