04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Image

What have I complained about this tour besides this? Nothing lol. It is a FACT that the samples/songs start too soon and interrupt Chester, whether you want to admit it or not. Yeah he says generic stuff each show but at least he talks. Of course there are curfews and stuff but that has nothing to do with what I am saying. Your post is very irrelevant. I'm talking about when Chester is in the middle of a phrase a song starts. Cutting songs has nothing to do with this. Reread my post.

Facepalm abuse is annoying. It is a fact that the samples interrupt Chester, however, it is your OPINION that they start too soon, as it is the band themselves cuing the sample in the first place.

I'd rather hear music than the same exact line I just heard on 7 DSP's in a row, lol... I do find it hilarious though that someone who used to complain about generic setlists and hearing the same songs over and over and over and over again is completely fine with Chester saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Anywho, that excuse Mike gave was likely a conveniant one for this show and nothing else. If anyone would've asked them to play RME at any other show they likely would not have done it and had another excuse ready or none at all.

Facepalm abuse is annoying. It is a fact that the samples interrupt Chester, however, it is your OPINION that they start too soon, as it is the band themselves cuing the sample in the first place.

I'd rather hear music than the same exact line I just heard on 7 DSP's in a row, lol... I do find it hilarious though that someone who used to complain about generic setlists and hearing the same songs over and over and over and over again is completely fine with Chester saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Anywho, that excuse Mike gave was likely a conveniant one for this show and nothing else. If anyone would've asked them to play RME at any other show they likely would not have done it and had another excuse ready or none at all.

The band doesn't cue every single sample though and that's a fact. I have a problem with them interrupting Chester, as well as other people as evidenced earlier in this thread. I don't think they start too soon in the setlist but they start too soon while Chester is in the middle of saying something. DSP's prove this.

I don't think anything is comical about that. LP plays almost the same songs at almost every show. I have seen 12, so how is the setlist adding to the "fun" factor at the shows now a days? There is a big difference between the setlist each show and what Chester says each show. Listen to Sunrise, Tampa and Atlanta from this year - the three shows I saw. The talk by Chester was totally different each night and also none of those nights were similar to what he said this summer in Germany on Projekt Revolution or in Hamburg or in Helsinki, for example. So he doesn't "say the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again", at least not at my shows that I go to! Not even close. The talk between Chaz and the crowd was 100% different each of those three nights.

Whether Mike was really bound by Apple for the fan playing guitar on a song, we'll never know. It's possible but it's also possible it was an excuse...who really knows but the band. I do have a feeling he'd be honest with the fans though due to his track records of honesty in M&Gs. Almost every time a fan has requested a reasonable song, whether over POA or BIO, at a M&G, Mike has tried his best to oblige. I know he couldn't do High Voltage recently but he may have felt it was not possible over BIO. But it is a fact that he tries to do what fans suggest and I can list a million examples to contradict your post.

An epic thread lol I think 42 pages is the most I've seen. It was an amazing show. Was nice meeting a few guys from on here. Phil and Sam and (I'm sorry) I didn't catch the others names.

Meeting the band was incredible too. I almost froze when I got to Mike (he's my idol) but they are all really genuine nice guys.

Sorry I'm rambling. Best day ever! :D

Thank god the new HQ stream doesnt have the god awful censoring in When They Come For Me! :D

Then someone have to definitely record the stream. We have a HQ live video for a limited time. Somebody have to record it, and put it on the "usually place" ASAP.