04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

I didn't mean to say 'I don't like Mike', because I do like Mike, just not when he sings as much as he did in ATS. I don't know why I don't like his singing, I just don't and I can't make myself like it. I've tried since ATS came out to enjoy it but I just can't. There used to be a time where I actually liked Mike a lot more than Chester, back during his FM times and MTM times. But now it's just...he isn't the same to me. LP meant something to be back then. I bought Hybrid Theory in 2001 and became a die-hard fan in 2004, and old LP music lives in my heart, I can't help it. I love it. MTM is also my favorite album and people always criticize me, saying ATS is better, etc. It's fine if you think that but no need for every member to gang up on me. I understand that nearly every member of LP fansites don't like me, I'm well known for being the laughing stock of LP sites. But I don't care, I take it all because I love LP too much to stop caring about them... Thank you for this post though, means a lot to me.

I have to say, even though I do not feel the same because I didn't know LP that we'll back in the early 2000's, I get how and why you feel like that. I respect and understand it.Maybe you overreacted a bit, maybe you just didn't find the right words, point in case, I guess you were misunderstood.

Either way, I admire you for sticking to your opinion, 'cause I sometimes like to be like that, too, plus you probably have a point. Most inportantly I believe you're a true fan, the most true, if there is such a thing. You fell in love with this band, you liked what they did, and now you're not completely happy with how the band's developed in some parts - and instead of being what most people might consider to be a true fan, which would be saying the music is awesome, but not feeling like that, you do the right thing. You say what you think, still loving the band! I like that. A lot actually.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 pages? Holy shit. :lol:

Awesome show. Saw so many people in the audience that I recognised from the London LPU summit! I knew they would play Rolling In The Deep, it was kinda obvious with it being Adele's hometown and all.

I don't usually like The Catalyst live but it sounded incredible today. Chester's screams were amazing throughout the entire show.

http://soundcloud.com/sublimeric-1/lp-roll...-the-deep-live#

Boring show with an almost identical setlist to what I saw in Boston in February...with the exception of Chester blowing my @#$%^ mind with the Adele cover. I saved the audio and put it on SoundCloud via the link above for the time being, until (hopefully) a video surfaces. Amazing cover!

Thanks for that dude! Holy shit! Chester fucking nailed that song, once again! Brilliant!

There really is. But I wouldn't have called this a surprise if I was Mike. With You or something should have been played... Mike even said maybe. Anything old or Robot Boy. Idk. I'm just kind of let down since we already heard Rollin In The Deep and have a decent quality version of it. I'm out.

Yeah and we also heard With You a couple of times - yes in the past - but we got great quality versions of that song.

It was an amazing show no doubt about that. as far from the setlist, it was nice to see rolling in the deep. Also, I'm pretty sure that the band interacted more with the crowd in the first few songs, at least more than we where used to the last few years. the crowd was amazing, too, they did a good job in the sing along parts. finally, i noticed that Mr Hahn added some scratch here and there, like in the intro for Bits... i don't know, it was good, i guess :P, not so special but it's a little change in the way they play.

:P that's for now, i'm eager to get a video or audio rip from the show :D

I have to say, even though I do not feel the same because I didn't know LP that we'll back in the early 2000's, I get how and why you feel like that. I respect and understand it.Maybe you overreacted a bit, maybe you just didn't find the right words, point in case, I guess you were misunderstood.

Either way, I admire you for sticking to your opinion, 'cause I sometimes like to be like that, too, plus you probably have a point. Most inportantly I believe you're a true fan, the most true, if there is such a thing. You fell in love with this band, you liked what they did, and now you're not completely happy with how the band's developed in some parts - and instead of being what most people might consider to be a true fan, which would be saying the music is awesome, but not feeling like that, you do the right thing. You say what you think, still loving the band! I like that. A lot actually.

that's one hell of a post! I already thought no LP fan would be able to understand that even die-hard fans can actually dislike the developement of a band. thank you for being here, I'm really happy to read something like that.

Sorry @ the others for going off topic but this just caught my attention...

to get back to topic: the cover was awesome! I couldn't watch the whole show so I hope there'll be a video-rip of this on here later ;)

I didn't mean to say 'I don't like Mike', because I do like Mike, just not when he sings as much as he did in ATS. I don't know why I don't like his singing, I just don't and I can't make myself like it. I've tried since ATS came out to enjoy it but I just can't. There used to be a time where I actually liked Mike a lot more than Chester, back during his FM times and MTM times. But now it's just...he isn't the same to me. LP meant something to be back then. I bought Hybrid Theory in 2001 and became a die-hard fan in 2004, and old LP music lives in my heart, I can't help it. I love it. MTM is also my favorite album and people always criticize me, saying ATS is better, etc. It's fine if you think that but no need for every member to gang up on me. I understand that nearly every member of LP fansites don't like me, I'm well known for being the laughing stock of LP sites. But I don't care, I take it all because I love LP too much to stop caring about them... Thank you for this post though, means a lot to me.

This is exactly what I mean. The owner of the website coming at me like this.

Mike doesn't 'run' the band. All 6 members run the band, they all bring their own uniqueness and creativity to the band. Just because Mike puts everything together and does a lot of press since ATS has been released doesn't mean he 'runs' the band. A statement such as this is just idiotic and you all follow it and believe this is true. LP wouldn't have 6 members if Mike 'ran' the band.

Dude, get a clue, Mike runs LP. If you don't like it, that's cool, but it doesn't change what is painfully obvious to everyone but you. Everyone puts their two cents in, but Mike is the mastermind behind it all. Stop your complaining already. The days of Hybrid Theory are over, deal with it, or follow a different band.