04.07.2011 - London, England - iTunes Festival

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true. Every single post I read in this forum, it's all 'OMFG Mike is so awesome' or 'Mike should do more vocals than Chester (forgot what thread it was)' or stupid shit like 'Mike is the leader of the band' or 'Mike should replace Chester'. That pisses me off. There is no 'leader' of LP. It makes no sense to have Mike replace Chester when they don't even do the same roles in the band. I wouldn't even care that everyone is a die-hard Mike fan on this forum, but I when I express my opinions on why I don't like certain things such as ATS, forum members and EVEN MODS jump down my throat and gang up on me because I said something they don't like. At least on forums like LPA, the mods don't attack me because they disagree with my opinion.

Mike runs the band whether you want to admit it or not. He writes the songs, he commands everything.

Okay. Okay. Okay.

That was a fucking awesome show. Seriously. My dick hurts. I was having flashbacks to 2004. Like, I don't even have words to describe it. Everything was insane and sounded fantastic.

Mike runs the band whether you want to admit it or not. He writes the songs, he commands everything.

Fuck, Cincinatti was my concert as well! Bummer is got cancelled.

And Mike does run the band, which is what I've been saying since the Meteora days.

I understand you Geki. Everyone depraves and picks apart my shit as well. I love ATS but I respect your opinion. We live in a world where if your opinion doesn't match the majority you are in for a world of depression and disrespect, which I know far too well. Fuck the haters!!

Regardless, that was a decent show. Despite the generic set we've all come to know and love... with the cover a least it was unique.

I didn't mean to say 'I don't like Mike', because I do like Mike, just not when he sings as much as he did in ATS. I don't know why I don't like his singing, I just don't and I can't make myself like it. I've tried since ATS came out to enjoy it but I just can't. There used to be a time where I actually liked Mike a lot more than Chester, back during his FM times and MTM times. But now it's just...he isn't the same to me. LP meant something to be back then. I bought Hybrid Theory in 2001 and became a die-hard fan in 2004, and old LP music lives in my heart, I can't help it. I love it. MTM is also my favorite album and people always criticize me, saying ATS is better, etc. It's fine if you think that but no need for every member to gang up on me. I understand that nearly every member of LP fansites don't like me, I'm well known for being the laughing stock of LP sites. But I don't care, I take it all because I love LP too much to stop caring about them... Thank you for this post though, means a lot to me.

This is exactly what I mean. The owner of the website coming at me like this.

Mike doesn't 'run' the band. All 6 members run the band, they all bring their own uniqueness and creativity to the band. Just because Mike puts everything together and does a lot of press since ATS has been released doesn't mean he 'runs' the band. A statement such as this is just idiotic and you all follow it and believe this is true. LP wouldn't have 6 members if Mike 'ran' the band.

Edited by Geki

I was disappointed with the surprise, just because I've never listened to Adele and didn't care for the song. Seriously, I thought they were going to try Robot Boy just because of how Mike started playing the piano haha. Overall the gig was amazing. The picture and sound quality were amazing, iTunes really did a great job with that.

Am I the only person that was dissappointed about the "rolling in the deep" cover? in my opinion it would have been way better if they had done an old song or maybe robot boy..but that..meh..good thing chester sung it well, that made it at least a bit "special"

Oh wow 33 pages. Just jumping in cause I watch and chatted on twitter. :P

Anyone got a rip of the Adele cover? AWESOME SURPRISE!!! Chester sounded great and I loved the changes they put in there. Great concert. Hated the crap censors though. Also COLOR!!!!

It is true. Every single post I read in this forum, it's all 'OMFG Mike is so awesome' or 'Mike should do more vocals than Chester (forgot what thread it was)' or stupid shit like 'Mike is the leader of the band' or 'Mike should replace Chester'. That pisses me off. There is no 'leader' of LP. It makes no sense to have Mike replace Chester when they don't even do the same roles in the band. I wouldn't even care that everyone is a die-hard Mike fan on this forum, but I when I express my opinions on why I don't like certain things such as ATS, forum members and EVEN MODS jump down my throat and gang up on me because I said something they don't like. At least on forums like LPA, the mods don't attack me because they disagree with my opinion.

Man, I'm a HUGE Chester fan, and I think that Chester is what made LP famous. There's no singer like him. BUT, he even recognized that LP is Mike's band. Check this interview : http://mikeshinodaclan.com/gallery/albums/...g18June11_8.jpg [left side of the page for the quote about Mike]

It's pretty much obvious that Mike is the leader of this band, whether we like it or not.

Anyway, I couldn´t watch the concert but I'll be waiting for the rip. Cool to hear that they did the piano cover of Rollin In the Deep. However, it's kind of sad that this is the only 'unexpected' change they've done during the whole ATS tour. We'll see if they do something different in Asia.

http://soundcloud.com/sublimeric-1/lp-roll...-the-deep-live#

Boring show with an almost identical setlist to what I saw in Boston in February...with the exception of Chester blowing my @#$%^ mind with the Adele cover. I saved the audio and put it on SoundCloud via the link above for the time being, until (hopefully) a video surfaces. Amazing cover!

Adele cover fucking amazing, TC best performance by chester :D

This. I still remember the first performance of this song at the VMAs a few days before the release of ATS in the US. They improved a lot. One of my favourite live songs now :)

Boring show

I'm sorry, were we watching the same webcast? There was not a single "boring" thing about the show Linkin Park just played.

Unless you're just judging the show by the setlist, in which case you are suffering from setlist-trading-card-syndrome.