"A Thousand Suns" 9/14 Concert Info / Shorter Setlists?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute joke. People shall hate me for this but in europe, we pay more for our ticket and draw the biggest crowds. For example in the UK, Lp headlined sonisphere, Reading Festival, and Milton Keynes And then play at the countrys biggest indoor area.

o2 = 18,000/19,000

Milton Keynes = 65,000

And on average Reading festival/sonisphere pulls around 80,000

So how about do the u.s tour first?

o2 is actually 23000 and men holds 19000 ;)

I could see them playing less ATS songs to start out but they could at least make up for it by loading up with the old stuff.

And last time I checked, Linkin Park is from the U.S. Europeans are lucky enough that LP comes to your country AT ALL. Whatever happens, happens. Like CM said, it's LP. Enjoy yourself.

Right I'm not generally one to moan, but LP makes far more money in Europe than they do in the US so we're hardly lucky they come over here...hence why they did a string of european shows last year and 1 US show ;)

Anyway on the shorter set thing...I paid £35 in 2008 to see them in an arena and they played 21 songs and then paid £45 to see them at MK where they played 23 songs along with 5/6 bands supporting. I've now paid £45-£50 to see them this year to see them do a shorter set - it's not really equating to me even with their fancy lights or whatever - I just saw Prodigy at MK with 10 or so support bands and they had the craziest lights show with lasers I've ever seen and that cost £45 so already seems a bit steep not to mention I paid £40 to watch Green Day for 3 hours at Wembley Stadium. Everything LP seems to be getting more and more expensive with little to show for the extra expense, though admittedly the LPU is apparently gonna be amazing. I don't understand this we haven't played live for a while so we're playing a shorter length of time - metallica (yes they get brought up a lot but that's 'cause they know how to be awesome) have played a two hour set for god knows how many years now - even warm up shows are still 2 hours - if they genuinely find it hard they should rehearse plenty of time before the first show so they are ready to go out and kick ass and not be rehearsing in front of 60000 people in chile or whatever.

As for the poll it would be better on the LPU and would partly make $60 worth something providing they don't just do it for the US and would be more advisable to put a picture of the current set up and 2/3 songs they would like added to the setlist then it wouldn't just be in the end, numb and what I've done ;)

FFS, the setlist at the beginning of the MTM cycle was only 16 songs and barely lasted an hour. Of COURSE the new setlist is going to be shorter! That's just common sense. Anyone who seriously thinks LP is going to jump right into a new touring cycle playing 22 songs every night is expecting WAY too much.

it looks like they are cutting in everything!

damn why guys? I mean they're multi miljonairs fer sure, why are they cutting in everything and even make things more expensive? like LPUX... i don't get it.. ;/

it kinda dissappoints me.. I mean I wouldn't know a good reason why they do this, it kinda sucks.

but well eventhough the setlists are shorter I just hope not thát short..

Wow. Some of the posts on this thread are "LOL funny". I guess I can understand though why some people who are seeing the early shows in South America and Europe are disappointed. And I know it may not seem fair for the price you pay. But, this is how it works. The band needs to get reacclimated to playing again. As others have said, I remember the same thing happening a month before M2M came out. There were some shows in Germany during that time which were pretty short. I remember No More Sorrow debuting live in Germany. For those who are upset, you can think of this in two ways. Either be totally upset at the fact that you might get 15-16 songs, or be totally happy that you will be among the first people (after the debut show) to hear the new songs live. I'd love to be in some of your positions. I'd love to be in a small country in Europe and go to a show in Oct or Nov and be among the first people to hear the new songs played live. Who knows, maybe some of you guys in SA or Europe will hear the live debut of a song from ATS. Or maybe even....NRL! Ok, jk.

ok everyone think for a min now!!!! Inmagine thy play SHE COULDENT?????? lmfaoo i can dream can i?! LOL

First off, for the love of God, please stop posting Emo. Please. Lol. (Emo's my friend offline, so yeah). Second, I doubt LP will play "She Couldn't". That's a demo song and it doesn't work at all. But then again, we can dream. If they play any new songs live (besides ATS) they should play "Across the Line" for sure.

Now on topic, shorter setlists make complete sense. I mean, they areplaying ATS for the first time ever and they have to get usd to playing live again. It has been over a year, so they can be rusty. As for the price... well we are in a recession, so it doesn't surprize me one bit.

Oh my fucking god. What the hell is going on in here?? The reason why most of the people from the Hamburg listening party didn't hear it is because I asked Mike when he signed my CDs, believe me or not.

Shorter compared to what though? He didn't say anything like shorter compared to previous shows, maybe just shorter compared to the set lists that will debut in 2011.

This. He said that they would play longer setlists but they're starting with a shorter one. For example, imagine a 25 song setlist for the next year, compared to that a 19-21 song setlist for the promo shows would be short. It's not like he said that they'll do a shorter set than last year or something.

Edited by JanekZech

Oh my fucking god. What the hell is going on in here?? The reason why most of the people from the Hamburg listening party didn't hear it is because I asked Mike when he signed my CDs, believe me or not.

This. He said that they would play longer setlists but they're starting with a shorter one. For example, imagine a 25 song setlist for the next year, compared to that a 19-21 song setlist for the promo shows would be short. It's not like he said that they'll do a shorter set than last year or something.

this. thank you.

FFS, the setlist at the beginning of the MTM cycle was only 16 songs and barely lasted an hour. Of COURSE the new setlist is going to be shorter! That's just common sense. Anyone who seriously thinks LP is going to jump right into a new touring cycle playing 22 songs every night is expecting WAY too much.

I totally agree with this. I'm going to the NYC show and I'm still really excited, I could care less if it's a shorter set. It's a cool, intimate venue and a shorter set could even mean possible M&G???

I totally agree with this. I'm going to the NYC show and I'm still really excited, I could care less if it's a shorter set. It's a cool, intimate venue and a shorter set could even mean possible M&G???

This. I only hope :P .

since it's such an intimate venue do you think they will come out after and meet / sign stuff for fans? i mean DBS did that when they were playing mroe intimate venues.

about the setlist lengths.. honestly, i'm going to see linkin park live on the day that their new album comes out, smack dab in times square. i could give a crap if they played a 30 minute setlist. this is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

about the setlist lengths.. honestly, i'm going to see linkin park live on the day that their new album comes out, smack dab in times square. i could give a crap if they played a 30 minute setlist. this is going to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Completely agree with you there. Hell, I don't care if they play every song off of ATs, then leave. It'll still be one hell of an experience :P

There damn well better be. I believe Pooch was confirmed to be on this tour?

People (including myself at one point) seem to forget pooch is the FOH guy and dsp maker second. He's primarily Foh . Just cuz he's there doesn't mean DSPs will be made for The public

MtM= shit? are you high?

Why high? just because i dont like the CD?

For me LP changed to much, i dont like their change, am iam a bad fan now? i doubt!

I dont like all the stuff like DBS, Julien-K, Fort Minor etc etc its not my music taste! and LP sounds like it now...

So sure, i wish they will play some classics thats the only reason i go to their live shows, to listen songs from HT and Meteora, dont realy care if they play stuff from MTM or ATS

First of all, my ticket for the Show in Argetina costed $ 105.82 Dollars, so is a huge the Stadium have a capacity of 50.000 people and i think will be sell out without a problems, and i don't think the people start complaining if the Setlist is short, i mean is our first time in a LP show, i'm excited just for that, is more important see a LP show than if the Setlist is Short or Long .

The setlist in Southamerica and Europe will depend of the Show in NYC, they will release The Catalyst and a couple of songs of ATS like the realese of MTM with, WID, Given Up, NMS and BIO...

So the shorter setlist is something normal in every band and in LP is just a tradition, so i think a Setlist of 18 songs like in the MTM Tour in 2007 is ok, the band need warm for the big tour in 2011 and part of 2012, they will make a PR in Us and Europe and a World Tour so they need warm up for all of that, if you play some sport you need a warm up before you play the game right ?

So i'm happy for the Show in Argetina whatever the Setlist will be...

btw, when will start the Poll and where ?

Riku why your telling me too STOP POSTING PLEASE????? its a forum i can post w/e i want 24/7 & w/e i think!!!! i mean look theres ppl hear who got almost 2000 there not stoping thats how we get info on LP =P

anyways lets just hope for a good show atleast its been over a year since they played..i mean maybe balckbirds & across the line,,,then surprise us with pretend to be lol :P