"A Thousand Suns" 9/14 Concert Info / Shorter Setlists?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sometime tommrow every who preorder & is a LPU member will get an email about the nyc show & basicly answer all these ?'s & give us all the info on buying the tickets etc etc..

Oh yeah I remeber that I read that too somewhere.

Edited by DeniseShinizzle

A poll?! I suggested that on LPU when they welcomed the trial members and asked us if we have any suggestions for the site! <_< But I thought that they should put several songs that WILL be performed, and fans can create the rest of the setlist! LP stole my idea! :D :P

LOL seconded. Or Blackbirds.

I hate Blackbirds and Not Alone but that's better than hearing Numb, LOATR and SOTD again!

ok. i understand hating Not Alone. but Blackbirds? really? Mark, that song is sick as hell :P

mike's verse is just pure awesomeness, and it be worth that to hear it live.

OOO or how about Mike's Blackbirds verse over POA intro? that'd be crazy.

Edited by McArt

ok. i understand hating Not Alone. but Blackbirds? really? Mark, that song is sick as hell :P

well from my last post b4,

what we all know there NOT going too play No Roads Left,,New Divide & Catalyst they will play live!! NOW for the poll lets vote for a song from HT since its been 10yrs & either Across The Line & Blackbirds.

Not Alone they will play in chille or somewhere that a major event accours but they will remix it most likely!!! =)

BB was a cool song, but I'm not sure I want to see it live. I like the idea about Mike's verse over POA, though.

I don't think they would seriously rip off the German/other European fans like that. South America may be out of luck but at least they get to brag that they will hear the ATS before anyone else (excluding the NYC promo concert). I would think after South America they would expand the setlists like they said. But you never know, I hope you European fans don't get ripped off! At least it sounds like the shows will be longer for Americans :)

Absolute joke. People shall hate me for this but in europe, we pay more for our ticket and draw the biggest crowds. For example in the UK, Lp headlined sonisphere, Reading Festival, and Milton Keynes And then play at the countrys biggest indoor area.

o2 = 18,000/19,000

Milton Keynes = 65,000

And on average Reading festival/sonisphere pulls around 80,000

So how about do the u.s tour first?

LOL at this thread. People, calm down.

1) They are not used to performing songs from ATS. This will be their first time trying them out.

2) Shorter setlist could just mean less songs. Doesn't mean they'll only play for an hour and peace out. More time for crowd interaction and / or awesome transition / intro and outro stuff.

3) When you are actually there at the show, seeing Linkin Park live, you are not gonna be whining about it. You will be having the time of your life.

1) They are not used to performing songs from ATS. This will be their first time trying them out.

2) Shorter setlist could just mean less songs. Doesn't mean they'll only play for an hour and peace out. More time for crowd interaction and / or awesome transition / intro and outro stuff.

3) When you are actually there at the show, seeing Linkin Park live, you are not gonna be whining about it. You will be having the time of your life.

Exactly. I, for one, have no complaints. Obviously I would prefer a longer setlist, but I'll still be just as happy to see my favorite band debut their new album in concert. It's going to be a great experience. My guess is that they'll play ATS in its entirety followed by a few "greatest hits" aka In The End, Faint, One Step Closer, Bleed it Out. That might be whole setlist there, and I'd be okay with that.

I could see them playing less ATS songs to start out but they could at least make up for it by loading up with the old stuff.

And last time I checked, Linkin Park is from the U.S. Europeans are lucky enough that LP comes to your country AT ALL. Whatever happens, happens. Like CM said, it's LP. Enjoy yourself.

I rarely post but reading this - honestly guys?

You guys whine soooo much. Just be grateful they are going near you and enjoy the show. I know if they came here, I would happily dish up $400 to go see them. Honestly, $50-70/ticket is not too bad especially if they are upgrading multimedia because that stuff's expensive.

I don't think that's really true and doesn't make sense either.

Shorter setlist as in 90 minutes long setlist? Probably.

60 minutes sets and the people will riot and rip the arenas apart. That's for sure.

Yes :D

When LP play 60 minutes, the people destroy the Arenas and Lp too :D

Linkin Park didn't become sellouts. Nope. Just like you all said.

:rolleyes:

2) Shorter setlist could just mean less songs. Doesn't mean they'll only play for an hour and peace out.

Although...this is a very valid point.

Edited by rav0k

hmmmm well maybe the catalyst & one more ATS song....maybe then can try blackbirds/across the line/pretend to be Live??? just putting something out there...

I mean if there promoteing LPUX then maybe a song from the cd coming out??

^ THIS ^

as some members said the first shows from the last tour were shorter than the main shows of mtm world tour, it makes sense, plus it doesen make them 1 hour long. as you can remember a lot of ATS songs are longer than the usual on lp, incluiding "The Catalyst" wich obiously will be played, so its expected to have shorter setlist if they play just 1 hour and a half like they'll do on chile :) isn't it?... yeah... andi bet we'll get more interaction, thats for sure, it always happen, the band will ask us about the news songs xD they did on meteora tour and mtm tour too, so it makes sense, isnt it?