"A Thousand Suns" 9/14 Concert Info / Shorter Setlists?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh well.... i guess thats fair enough... no concert for lp for over a year now so i guess its ok... i just hope it will be -2/3 songs and NOT more.

This is definately not fair. They played 19 songs in 2009 without talking to the crowd and stuff. Shows lasted ~80 minutes which is a joke.

And now, they wanna erase even more songs with rising ticket prices at the same time? As already said, German people paid 70 euros for a ticket (45 in January 2008)...

Edited by DecanoLP

Damn...why shorter set's? I hope they don't play just 12 songs like Limp Bizkit in Eindhoven ^^

They should at least play 20 songs for that price. If they would bring back some older songs I would be satisfied with a shorter set but that probably won't happen.

And they better make rotating setlist's... ;) would be boring to have the same short set 4 times.

Anyway I'm really excited for the shows. And especially for the catalyst live (and some other new songs hopefully)

Fuck yes. If anyone votes for Not Alone I'll kill them.

LOL seconded. Or Blackbirds.

Jesus LP could really play a crazy setlist with material they've never played live before, or songs they've just recently released. Check it.

New Divide

Blackbirds

Across The Line

Not Alone

Pretend To Be

No Roads Left

The Catalyst

6 songs never played before and 1 barely played. That's awesome. I hate Blackbirds and Not Alone but that's better than hearing Numb, LOATR and SOTD again!

LOL @ if every European show gets the same setlist. those Germans that are going to 5 shows are fucked!!! LOL

Someone that went to the listening event said that they were doing a short setlist for 2010 and then next year they are expanding it and making a poll for songs to play.

my mistake, i obviously didn't read it properly.

In light of that, i think it's worth waiting until the first show before complaining. Didn't they say they would be doing this all new concert experience? Maybe the shorter music set will be compensated by other forms of media?(e.g. Lights, art, video etc)

Or is this opening tour is going to be a 'no thrills' South America/Europe tour before taking it up another notch for the US, and then coming back for Euro festivals.

Edited by daniel8474

are you fucking kidding me? SHORTER setlist?

oh god, i think this will be my last LP show.

cmon guys, even the setlist from 2008 and 2009 was too short, and you want to make it shorter than it already is?

sorry, but there is really no way to accept this!

are you fucking kidding me? SHORTER setlist?

oh god, i think this will be my last LP show.

cmon guys, even the setlist from 2008 and 2009 was too short, and you want to make it shorter than it already is?

sorry, but there is really no way to accept this!

Do you not remember MTM? The first shows after MTM came out were like a 15 song set. They always do this, they warm up first and then go all out.

I'm going to my first Linkin Park show when they comes to Europe and they fucking me up with a short setlist? Way to screw with your fans LP! I want the same live experince as all other have been given over the last years!

well, now i read the post from mark.

am i right?:

they got rotating setlists and ONE of them is shorter?

if they only got one like 2009, and this one will be short, well... <_<

because then South America would get screwed with a short show for much money, and the other countries would get a longer one...not fair!

Gosh, if they play a shorter one I'm pretty bummed.

This. Can't. Be. ...

I mean the ticket prices are really high this year ... and I'm going to two shows.

2 shows which will probably have exactly the same short setlist...how does that make you feel?!!

Now I am kinda upset with this. One Setlist? A shorter Setlist? And I am going to two shows in Germany? FUCK I AM SO STUIPID... Why they haven't said this before?

If they don't talk to the crowd and if they only play singles like in 2009... I think I am going to hate LP^^

Do you not remember MTM? The first shows after MTM came out were like a 15 song set. They always do this, they warm up first and then go all out.

Do you remember the venues? They were pretty small for LP...

But now they're playing in the biggest Arena's with a short set. That's kinda ridiculous.

But as a german I'm not complaining because we always get a lot of shows. But the price is not fair for a one hour show (which it will be with a short setlist)

WTF? ONE fucking hour?

FUCK YOU LP, JUST FUCK YOU!

sorry for spamming and going wild like a kid that died in GTA IV, but you asked me how i feel about it, and these are my feelings.

im SAD and ANGRY

the past few months i was happy and couldn't wait for the show.

now im scared to get disappointed

Edited by tschenneck

Now I am kinda upset with this. One Setlist? A shorter Setlist? And I am going to two shows in Germany? FUCK I AM SO STUIPID... Why they haven't said this before?

If they don't talk to the crowd and if they only play singles like in 2009... I think I am going to hate LP^^

why is everyone almost demanding that LP "talk to the crowd"?

personally, i'd be pretty fecked off if LP spent too much time talking and not enough time playing the songs.

You've just spent, £30 (equiv in local currencies) on tickets to an LP gig, and you want them to say generic sayings such as "you guys fucking rock" and "you're the best crowd we've every played to"... which you can guarantee they'll say the same at the next show.

if you get a rise out of this rather than hearing music then i really dont understand.

people, calm down. I'm still sure that they didn't say that they are going to play a one hour show. He was talking about a longer one. So don't get mad before you went to the concerts and experienced it yourself. If I'm wrong, I apologize. But thats just my point of view.