"A Thousand Suns" 9/14 Concert Info / Shorter Setlists?

The NYC Nokia Theater website has posted info on the record release show on September 14 for "A Thousand Suns" here. The show will be at the Best Buy Theater (formerly the Nokia Theater) in New York on 9/14.

Posted Image

Date: Tue, Sep 14, 2010

Showtime: 9:00 PM

Doors open: 7:00 PM

Days until show: 24

Ages: 16 & Over

Ticket Prices: $50.00 (plus convenience charges)

Event Details: For all info on this show and to purchase tickets please visit: www.linkinpark.com

It says tickets are on sale, but they really aren't. Current LPU members and those that preordered LPUX will receive information on the presale on 8/22 (tomorrow) via email for the presale that starts on 8/23 (Monday). The LPUX preorderers and the LPU members get the first shot at presales followed by those that preordered "A Thousand Suns" on LinkinPark.com.

Mike and Dave just said yesterday that they will be playing a shorter setlist live this year (South America and Europe included). What do you think about the price of the show? How about you European fans? Aren't tickets more expensive this year than they have been in the past? For a shorter show? How do you feel about this?

See the 2010 tour page for all 2010 Linkin Park tour dates.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, maybe I remember wrong, but I think they said they going to play a longer setlist, not a shorter one. At least thats what I heard, maybe I got them wrong, but it sounded like, that at first, they would only have one setlist, but a longer one. They wouldn't be sure yet, but thats what they would plan.

I thought i saw tickets for 60 euros.. Thats pretty much for a concert if you ask me. Add the merch to it that you wanne buy and you will spend something like 150/200 euros.. I hope the tickets wont rise that high like U2 tickets. When my brother and i bought tickets for U2 we had to pay 90 euro for 1 ticket.. Sick!

I don't know, maybe I remember wrong, but I think they said they going to play a longer setlist, not a shorter one. At least thats what I heard, maybe I got them wrong, but it sounded like, that at first, they would only have one setlist, but a longer one. They wouldn't be sure yet, but thats what they would plan.

that's what i thought i read somewhere aswell.

I am so disappointed...

I paid circa 140 (!!) euros for two shows and they'll play probably 18 songs...? Without any crowd interaction as we are used to it? So we have a 80 minutes show and paid 70€ for this? Really disappointed...

I was hoping for something really special since the band hyped these shows so much in the past but this is a real disappointment.

Someone that went to the listening event said that they were doing a short setlist for 2010 and then next year they are expanding it and making a poll for songs to play.

Oh, well in that case great. Let 2010 be the almost ATS exclusive setlist, find out which songs work and which don't, then come back in 2011 and kick some major ass.

Someone that went to the listening event said that they were doing a short setlist for 2010 and then next year they are expanding it and making a poll for songs to play.

i've been there, too, and I'm sure they said they want to make the lists longer, I didn't hear anything about next year. I think they were talking about this year.

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...ost&p=92612

"Concerning the live shows: He said that for the first few tours (like Europe and South America) they'll only do one shorter setlist because they have to get used to play live again but after that, they'll do the longer setlistS, including a poll where the fans can chose one song that the band will play. Pretty badass. By the way, when I asked him about the 2004 Figure.09/From The Inside transition and if they could play that again when they play F.09 he didn't even know what I was talking about LOL. "

I'll edit the main post for clarification now.