The Three Fansite Ultimate Giveaway!

hahninator

My favourite LP live moment is not that spectacular for others maybe, but for me it is. It was at Pinkpop 2007, Holland, when I saw a little boy standing at the side of the stage. He was standing there because the "Make a wish foundation" had arranged that for him. That moment gave me goosebumbs, because I have kids myself. I think it's great that LP makes the wish of a little kid come true.

Not a spectacular scream or guitarsolo, but a personal favourite LP moment.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my mind, the greatest moment was at Rock am Ring 2004, when crowd had begun to sing the bridge of "In The End" before Chester started, and Mike and Chester tried to shut them up) When I re-watch this moment, goose skin run every time. It was damn beautiful :)

Actually, there was another moment: when Mike teached the crowd how to sing "Step Up". It's amazing how 100,000 people can shout "Like this!" as if it was one man. DAMN BEAUTIFUL :lol:

Edited by dzhuki

My favorite Linkin Park moment has to be the encore of their second concert in Athens. I remember being all excited when Faint ended and then Rob gives the sign to begin One Step Closer. That simply blew me away! No matter how tired I was, no matter the heat and need for some water, I had to give it all!

Hell yeah!!!

That moment in Stuttgart really got me good. I really liked that. Encore break, then bam New Divide with the intro and the crowd goes crazy for the new song!! then Faint and everyone goes absolutely just insane! I felt like I was going to die in the pit from the dust, heat and no water in the middle of Faint. Went crazy on the end of Faint and then, Rob taps the cymbal 3 times and here comes One Step Closer. That's the best encore they have ever done in my opinion. New Divide (synth intro), Faint (outro) and One Step Closer (outro). Amazing. Everyone around me was singing, jumping, hands in the air, yelling, smiling, it was something that I will always remember. Whoever came up with that encore setlist, wow. I hope they have something that good in 2010.

My favorite moment is winning free tickets to Linkin Parks performance for the premiere of Transformers 2. It was my first concert, and I ended up about 10 feet away from the stage. And, it was the first time New divide was played live. Just a crazy and fun day with an awesome performance by Linkin Park at the end.

I was lucky enough to travel all the way to Finland (from San Diego, CA) for Sonisphere last Summer. It was an amazing trip, but the highlight was the meet and greet with Mike and Phoenix. It was small, only 8 girls ;) Phi had us cracking up! They were awesome. I will cherish the opportunity and Phoenix's bad joke forever!- "Now, we are Finnish-ed." :P

my fav show was Manchester Apollo

15th September 2001 it was my first lp show i was 11 years old and it was my first concert i remeber the lights going low at the start of with you and the place went crazy the show had so much energy i loved every min it was great to see lp at that time and in a smaler venue plus the set list was awsome

01. With You

02. Runaway

03. Papercut

04. By Myself

05. Points Of Authority

06. High Voltage

07. Pushing Me Away

08. And One

09. In The End

10. A Place For My Head

11. Forgotten

12. Crawling

------------------------------

13. My December

14. Step Up

15. One Step Closer

Edited by sian18

My favourite moment was when LP entered the stage of Hamburgs ColorLineArena on 27th May of 2007 and started playing One Step Closer as the opening song.

It was my first LP concert and I have been waiting for it for a long time. It was the first (and only in 2007) concert in Germany (except the spontaneus 'Kesselhaus' show in Berlin) for 3 years and I felt like every hardcore fan from Germany and even other countries like The Netherlands, France, Poland, Denmark and stuff, was there. There were just awesome fans. We did about 20 Mexican waves through the whole arena befor the band started. And that moment when the lights went out and LP started to play OSC, made the whole hall kinda explode. There's no song which kicks into a concert like OSC. I'm still struggeling wether OSC is better at the end or in the beginning of a set. I can't decide because of that moment. I'd always be disappointed if a band starts with my favourite song, but it somehow wasn't that way with LP in Hamburg.... The energy was there during the whole concert. amazing.

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

When I first heard the new insane, hardcore ending of "Faint" in Berlin 2007, when they played their (of course) sold out club show. I was one of the lucky 1000 people who attended there and I was blown away by this. Never headbanged heavier than on this part. Actually...my neck still hurts a little bit. ;)

I have to say that my favourite moment of Linkin Park's history was at the England, Astoria show dated as 03/05/2007.This is the day that I will never forget, when I received an email from the LPU telling me that I won a M&G for that show! I was soo excited. I had a great time talking to all the LPUers while waiting to greet with the band sharing all of their experiences going to Linkin Park's shows etc. It was awesome getting to meet the members from the band they are so very humble and kind to you and I think that's what makes the whole experience of the show far much better.

I also like to give a big thanks once again to the LP Underground for giving me this life experience that I will never forget and also a big thank you for making this contest happen! It gives us something to look forward to and interact more with the website!

Best of luck to everyone who have participated!

Edited by colinreid

What is your favorite Linkin Park live moment and why? From 2000 to now, whether it's a show you've been to or not, what is your favorite moment of the band's live history?

My favorite LP live moment was PR07 at OKC.

I think this show especially showcases how much Chester cares for the fans. Horribly sick with a THROAT infection, he still did the show. Many great moments from Mike cheering Chester up, too the crowd booing at the idea of getting their money back.

However, my favorite moment was when LP was performing Numb. They had just played TLTGYA and Chester sounded rough. So he asked for help from the crowd and you can hear in the recording just how loud they sang and they did the WHOLE song!!! That's my favorite LP live moment. Truely showing the love that the fans and the band have for each other.

Thanks to everyone for putting this together!!

Edited by Numbrocker

You bet it was the first Linkin Park's concert in Greece i went... i traveled 1.000 kilometers just to see them and it was all worth it!i couldn't belive my eyes that they were actually 15 meters away from me! anyway,hope to see them again and hoping to win the big prize!!!!

The Bridge for A Place For My Head at RaR 2004, till the end, the pinnacle of this moment, to me, is the part when chester screams "You will never get the best of me" as the instruments all go quiet and you can hear the crowd slowly getting louder in the background, before everything comes in again

My favorite Linkin Park live performance is the one held on July 21st 2009 in Athens Greece. It was my second time seeing LP live but what made this performance so special was the fact that I got the chance to hear Hands Held High live. It was only the first verse over the reanimated intro of Crawling but this song means a lot me so hearing it live actually made me cry. It was one of the moments I'll never forget. Another reason that made this concert so special, was that I attended it with my LPU buddies! I'm sure you can imagine how awesome it is to meet with the people from the LPU, share the same emotions and feelings. It was simply a blast! :D

As for my favorite moment of the band's live history, I'd say it is when they played Numb, during Live In Texas, in front of thousands fans of Metallica. It was truly a risk to take out on the stage the keyboard and sing such an emotional song. But no matter what, the crowd loved it! :D

hey welcome! ;)

My favourite was on June 13th, 2004, when they came to Indonesia.

The reason? Hmm. . mainly because they were very care to the fans!

Here's the short story:

When they played With You, when Mike rapped the line "to the cold and the stat...sst!!".

Thousands of the crowds stopped their moves suddenly. They thought there was a technical problem. "Someone tumbled down, please lift him up!", shouted Chester. Yes, someone was fell down.

"Are you OK? Is everything OK?" Mike asked that guy who fell down. Knowing he was just allright, Chester shouted,"If anybody near you fall, please lift him up, will ya!?". "Okay!", replied the crowds.

They still wanted to come here, even they have warned by Travel warning.

Oh and the crowds had already been waiting from 8 AM. The show actually started at 15 PM!

My favorite live moment was at Projekt Revolution in Atlanta, GA in 2007. It was my first LP show. There were two moments during the show that blew me away. First one was during 'The Little Things Give You Away'. I sat down at the beginning of the song, because I knew it was a slower song. I was singing along in my seat and grooving to it. They sounded so amazing. Every note, every beat, and every vocal was perfect. By the time the solo started playing, I was back up singing with the band. Second memorable moment was during 'In The End'. The second chorus had just ended and was about to start the bridge. Mike asked for the band to drop out and for the crowd to sing. The whole amphitheater erupted. It was just us, the drums, and the bass. The crowd was incredibly loud. I was singing at the top of my lungs. This was the first time I had ever heard of them doing that at a concert. This was the best moment ever during a Linkin Park concert.

Edited by LPFreak64

Really hard to pick a ONE favorite moment, but I think that would be my last attended LP show - in St. Petersburg (Russia), last summer. This time (unlike in 2007) I brought a lot of friends with me and it was so fun to see their faces when LP came out on stage =)))

Linkin Park was amazing as always. So much energy flows from stage, and we tried as hard as we can to give them back even more! I made a t-shirt with my site's logo (LPCrimea) on it, took it off and raised it up during "New Divide" and was really glad when Chaster was in front of me and pointed his finger on me =))

Little thing, but... you know... pleasant :) (especially since I didn't got an M&G pass this time)

Edited by STINGER_LP

My favorite moment was at my first LP concert in 2009 in Gräfenhainichen in Germany. It was an amazing show and I enjoyed the full concert, because it was my first concert. Unfortunately I wasn't at this time in the LPU so I can't go to the M&G with LP. It was my favorite moment because it was my first and last concert.

My favorite live moment was attending Projekt Revolution 2004 when they went to Dallas. I remember Jonathan Davis came out to sing on One Step Closer at the end of the Encore. They also covered Nine Inch Nails' Wish. The only LP show that I attended, but my personal favorite.

My favourite moment was two years ago in June, when LP played the first show in Spain in 5 years. I was there and it was one of the best nights of my life. The set was very unique, playing the original HT Pushing me Away, A Place for my Head, even Cure for the Itch. There was lot of Hybrid Theory songs (8 I belive). So it wasn't only special for myself as a person, but also for LP for playing such a special set. Also, Mike apologized for not coming here very often. I'm really looking forward to another LP show as soon as possible.

Edited by annare

my favourite moment was at Portugal 2009

when i saw joe hahn playing session alone i was like o my god

and then when lp appear on the stage

i star to freaking out

i was so close to mike

That was definitely the concert in Stuttgart 2009! It was my first live show of them and I was so nerveous! I couldn't belive I will see Linkin Park live in my town. I bought the ticket in the very first moment and crossed the days in my calendar until that date. It was just awesome. New Divide on the Open Air Stage with the sunset in the background and a summer breeze... just a dream! The whole day was just a dream!

Thank you LP for this day, I will never forget it!

my fav live moment with LP was Berlin 2007.

it was my first show and before the show i had already a m&G with the band.

the show was just amazing the band was full of energy and the best part of the show was when mike tried to catch my hand diring in the end and while chester was in front of me during no more sorrow and was screaming the bridge of the song :D

the giveaway is so awesome, keep doing it :D

good luck to everyone

MY favourite live moment has to be the encore @ the O2 in London, 2008. Brad creeped on stage a played an epic new solo/riff that sent chills down my spine, then just as suddenly, he hit the first few notes of the intro to a place for my head. Myself and the crowd just went insane and we experiance one of the most epic live performances of AP4MH ever performed. It was something we'd never forget.

My favourite live moment ever is Mountain View 2004. This show was the best Linkin Park has ever done so far and they won't be able to beat it. The setlist was so amazing, including A.06 and it was one of the only times the band improvised a song (SCOM - cover).

Chester and Mike were totally on it, they talked to this awesome crowd, Brad's guitar sounded heavy... So glad we have a recording of this show.

It'll always be my favourite one :)

Awesome giveaway by the way :D The best I've ever seen xD